Cytomel makes me sleepy

Buy Lab Tests Online
Does anyone else get tired after taking cytomel? I take 10mcg along with 100 Levo first thing in the am..then I fall back asleep. Then 3or4 hours later i take another 10 and 90mins later I feel like a zombie. Maybe I need to go back to the NDT. Any thoughts? Thank you

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Does anyone else get tired after taking cytomel? I take 10mcg along with 100 Levo first thing in the am..then I fall back asleep. Then 3or4 hours later i take another 10 and 90mins later I feel like a zombie. Maybe I need to go back to the NDT. Any thoughts? Thank you

I thought just the opposite should happen, I thought T3 should make you hyper?

captain

I will be asking about this in a week or so with my next appointment. If I take an afternoon dose T3 and get in a car and drive I am lucky to make it where I am going. I tried taking the second dose later in the day and it's not as bad. I read that it has to do with Cortisol clearance but I also see people posting they have the same problem with no Cortisol problem found. Maybe the T3 is causing a sleep quality problem and that is the cause. Could be SHBG is higher causing low T fatigue.

1Draw

Why are you taking Cytomel and what were your lab test like before starting? Sounds like you aren't taking high enough dose and fatigue, sleepiness are hypo symptoms.

captain

Trying to lower RT3.

Free T4 by Dialysis/Mass Spec 1.1 ng/dL 0.8 - 1.7

T3, Free, Dialysis, LC/MS-MS 2.15 pg/mL 1.81 - 4.06
TSH 1.960 uIU/mL 0.450 - 4.500
Reverse T3, Serum 22.4 ng/dL 9.2 - 24.1

1Draw

Here are 2 good links on how to flush high RT3 out of your system. First you must correct the cause of it in the first place like low iron, ferritin, etc. Good read. My RT3 was 28 back in Feb when first diagnosed. Have been on Cytomel since then and waiting on blood test results to come back. I'm taking 10 mcg in am and 10 mcg in pm and some days, I still have to take a nap in the afternoon so, will be upping my daily to 15 mcg 2 x day. If still have symptoms, will up again in a week or so.

https://www.restartmed.com/reverse-t3/
http://rt3-adrenals.org/t3_medication.html

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale