Stopped Clomid Then Testicles Shrunk

Buy Lab Tests Online

Julio75

I was prescribed 25 mg/day as an attempted restart by my Endo last November. The first several weeks were great and my T quickly soared to 923.

Then I started getting the estrogen symptoms - low libido, brain fog, loss of morning wood, etc.

So without consulting my Endo I dropped the dosage to 12.5 g EOD for about 10 days then quit taking it altogether in early January.

I was also training very hard in the gym at the time and had not had a break or deload in months. About two weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night wide awake with my head buzzing and could not go back to sleep.

When I got up to pee the next morning, my balls and sack were shrunk by maybe 30% or more. WTF?

I have quit lifting thinking maybe my body needed a break and it was just poor timing with Clomid. I had blood drawn last week and see my Endo next week to review everything.

I am wondering if my estradiol got too high while on Clomid and when I quit taking it my body sensed all the T and estrogen and just shut down its own production? I was in the mid 300's before I started Clomid.

Whatever the case, I am still having trouble sleeping, my erections are weak and "skinny", my balls are shrunk, and I have a touch of anxiety. This sucks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JPB

As you have now theorized, keep in mind what is going to happen when you go off the Clomid. If there is extra estrogen floating around your system, which there will be, your HPTA is now going to be able to sense that. So your LH levels are going to fall. Your are back to a scenario of secondary hypogonadism.

Since Clomid works for you, you could try adding a low dose AI to keep estrogen inc check, and so you feel more of that T boost. You could also consider reducing Clomid dose and adding tamoxifen, which is probably in an of itself less estrogenic.

CoastWatcher

Quitting any hormone protocol cold turkey can lead to a whole lot of misery. There are ways of transitioning off Clomid or testosterone, but it involves time, tapering, and attention to lab values. You are back in a hypogonadal state. You need the advice of a doctor who is current with androgen best practices.

Julio75

Thank you. I will ask my Endo about adding an AI next week.

I am back to something worse than I was before because my boys always hung fully and freely until now. I really hope this is only temporary.

CoastWatcher

Thank you. I will ask my Endo about adding an AI next week.

I am back to something worse than I was before because my boys always hung fully and freely until now. I really hope this is only temporary.

You are working against your own best interests by changing your protocol as it suits you. It can take a while to reach a dialed-in state; patience is the key.

Julio75

I get what you are saying. I should have waited to change anything until I saw my Endo, but it I couldn't get an appointment soon and did not want to wait.

CoastWatcher

I get what you are saying. I should have waited to change anything until I saw my Endo, but it I couldn't get an appointment soon and did not want to wait.

If you start making protocol changes, trying to respond to every subjective response you feel, you will not make progress.

JPB

If you do proceed with adding an AI, be careful. The very low dose appropriate for this application needs to be compounded. Tanking E too low can cause serious problems, too.

Julio75

UPDATE

I have not had a chance to discuss with my doc yet, but I got my labs back and wanted to share because I was surprised. It appears my estradiol is actually on the low end instead of being up like I had thought due to the abrupt stoppage of Clomid. I see my doc in the morning and will share her opinion, but I am quite stumped as to why my boys disappeared for a spell. I also have lost muscle mass in the past month, even though I have been eating okay and lifting moderately. Free T is low as well. Total is okay but not optimal. Labs below.

Total T 467 ng/dL
Free T 10.7 ng/dL
Estradiol 15.8 pg/mL

Sleep is somewhat better, but I am still a little mentally foggy. Morning wood is average but not great. The blood draw above is from 2/11, so I would imagine my doc will want another one soon to see if things have stabilized.

DLK

you'll need to plan on spending 3 to 6 months trying to work out this clomid thing, it will increase you total T but it is also going to increase your E2 and SHBG which will eat up your free T gains. Trying to tune this in with an AI will take some time. I couldn't take the mood swings and headaches, it works for some, wasn't for me.

You are back in a hypogonadal state. You need the advice of a doctor who is current with androgen best practices.

Julio,

Read the above quoted text. You need a doctor that specializes in TRT for a living, not as a side job. Do yourself a huge favor and call Defy Medical. Dr. Saya and Dr. Crisler do this for a living. It's not a side hobby for them, it is their specialty. They have done a great number of restarts with Clomid, and know all the pitfalls associated with a restart that hasn't been administered/monitored properly.

As you have probably already surmised, a Clomid restart is tricky business. Stop chasing your tail, and consult with some doctors that know exactly what they are doing. It will be worth every penny spent.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me