E2 Standard vs E2 Sensitive

Buy Lab Tests Online

olddawg

Recent labs from LabCorp indicate usual discrepancy between standard and sensitive E2 tests. Standard E2 test is 29.7 (7.6-42.6)......Sensitive E2 40.1 (8.0-35.0). Standard Assay states I am in upper normal range, but Sensitive Assay indicates I am above normal range!?
Has anyone here ever had the standard E2 test be lower than the Sensitive test? All the post's I have read so far indicate just the opposite!?
Truly appreciate feedback from any and all...thank you in advance...Roy

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Recent labs from LabCorp indicate usual discrepancy between standard and sensitive E2 tests. Standard E2 test is 29.7 (7.6-42.6)......Sensitive E2 40.1 (8.0-35.0). Standard Assay states I am in upper normal range, but Sensitive Assay indicates I am above normal range!?
Has anyone here ever had the standard E2 test be lower than the Sensitive test? All the post's I have read so far indicate just the opposite!?
Truly appreciate feedback from any and all...thank you in advance...Roy

These were taken on the same day?

ERO

Probably 95% of the time the sensitive is lower than the standard, but there is always the exception. Or it could be a lab error in one of the samples. Its rare, but it can happen.

olddawg

Thanks ERO! Just had not yet read where anyone had these results. Was looking at a Canadian site that was taking a closer look at the two test results, and all of theirs came back higher on the standard...hmmm!? Not sure if I should trust this particular test!?
Will be starting HCG shortly so will retest in 4-6 weeks after that! Questionable test results don't give me enough conviction to incorporate an AI just yet!

ERO

That is a sound plan. You may not need an AI and better to go run 4-6 weeks and retest than start now when you are not sure. Bear in mind too the T:E Ratio. More simply put, your E2 of 40 (assuming it is accurate) would be a bigger deal if your Total T was 500 than it would if your Total T was 1000.

olddawg

True. My TT was 770 but HPTA was already shut down so TT may go even higher after incorporating HCG. FT was 1.5% but would prefer to get it up to 2% or better...SHBG is still high at 70+. Libido was just starting to improve but has since backed off. T/E is 19/1 and that is probably ok but may have to raise TT to improve FT%. Would prefer a lower TT# because of polycythemia issues but regular blood donations should take care of that. Not looking for miracles, just trying to stay healthy..."much too young to be this damned old" =).

olddawg

Thanks Orrin! Your results were much closer than others I have seen but the standard was still higher than the sensitive. At this point I can't put faith in my lab results...frustrated to say the least! May do a saliva test just to validate my suspicion of being high...

Thanks ERO! Just had not yet read where anyone had these results. Was looking at a Canadian site that was taking a closer look at the two test results, and all of theirs came back higher on the standard...hmmm!? Not sure if I should trust this particular test!?
Will be starting HCG shortly so will retest in 4-6 weeks after that! Questionable test results don't give me enough conviction to incorporate an AI just yet!

You should never run an AI because of a number, on either test.

olddawg

Hi Vince! Have to agree with that statement...symptoms have to be incorporated before making choices. Unfortunately my symptoms seem to fit both high and low E2. After more research into the LabCorp Sensitive Test #140244...RIA (the one I had done) I have decided to disregard it as generally unreliable! Should have had LabCorp Test #500108...LC/MS-MS. Will specify that on next set of labs.
So, for now I am assuming the Standard E2 Test level of (29.7) places me in the acceptable range (20-30). Content to add HCG, retest in 4-6 weeks, evaluate those results and fine tune protocol accordingly. Presently libido is back to nill and ed getting worse by the day. Had a 2-3 week period of reasonable libido/erectile function before my HPTA shutdown so praying the HCG will restore those functions...time will tell!

It's not something that I read very often but I have seen once or twice someone report a HIGHER sensitive test as most will read the sensitive test as LOWER by as much as 10 points (if not 15). You did it right in your comparison....same lab/same sample. I'd caution against a lower E value, my educated guess is you'll find (more) happiness in the higher E range, in ratio to your Total T.

olddawg

Appreciate your input Vince! After recovering some saliva tests from 2013 I tend to agree with you...both tests indicate I was LOW on E2 at that time! In 2013 my bone scan showed borderline osteoporosis. My pre-TRT start up E2 lab came in at 11 on LabCorp Standard Assay...which is low! So...AI is off the table for now. Anxious to see how HCG will effect everything.

olddawg

Update for all... Just discovered that LabCorp has changed the methodology for E2 Sensitive Test #140244 from RIA to LC/MS-MS, which is the same methodology for Test #500108. According to discussion at All Things Male (not computer literate so don't know how to list direct link) the range has changed along with the results! The current results are mostly coming back higher than their standard test. Several individuals have had similar results as mine...standard assay around mid to high 20's and Sensitive(140244) assay in high 30's to low 40's...range of 8-35. So...what do we trust?

JPB

Well one would hope this change was made in order to improve the accuracy of the test! But the advice still remains the same, don't let the lab test rule your treatments. How you feel is what matters.

olddawg

Hi JPB...I agree with you on that! Actually got a great explanation from Dr Saya...seems that LabCorp had switched to the LC/MS-MS methodology about 2 years ago, but had some equipment issues which may have been the reason for the contrarian lab results. Lab numbers aren't the final say in determining protocol but it would be nice if one could depend on the accuracy of those results! Hopefully my next set of labs will coincide with my symptoms(within reason) so we can make some positive adjustments. Take care...Roy

olddawg

Just got reply from LabCorp in ref to inquiry about Lab Test #140244 vs #500108. They state that tests are done the same but #500108 is done by Esoterix Endocrinology Laboratory, and no ref range is specified. LabCorp says to look under labcorp.com under test menu for ref range!? Guessing they want us to use range for #140244. I will continue to use #140244 unless someone can give valid reason to switch to #500108.

I tend to think as long as you're getting the LC/MS/MS, the test number shouldn't be relevant, is that flawed thinking? I also tend to see "sensitive" and "UltraSensitive" seems to interchange for the same thing/test.

olddawg

Hi Vince Carter,
I agree with you...shouldn't matter! If it wasn't for the cost I would like to do both tests with same sample just to see if they are comparable!?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me