Tinnitus

Buy Lab Tests Online

nuclear

I've learned that there is some association between hrt and tinnitus. Has anyone had this experience? If so, have you modified your treatment and found that you can reduce the tinnitus? Perhaps we can explore this association and any other aspects of tinnitus. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I have tinnitus related to my military service, it's bad enough I'm a disabled veteran receiving a monthly stipend because of it. I haven't noticed any difference pre-TRT to now in my Tinnitus.

CoastWatcher

I developed tinnitus over a decade ago, long before I started TRT, and - like Vince Carter - I haven't seen any change since I started taking testosterone. On a practical level, I'm not sure how you'd modify a TRT protocol to deal with tinnitus (assuming the tinnitus was caused/worsened by TRT). Lowering your dose to see if the problems with your hearing disappeared? At some point your level of total and free testosterone would potentially sink to pre-TRT levels, and you'd feel lousy again.

Vince

Super Moderator
Tinnitus (TIN-ih-tus) is the perception of noise or ringing in the ears. A common problem, tinnitus affects about 1 in 5 people. Tinnitus isn't a condition itself — it's a symptom of an underlying condition, such as age-related hearing loss, ear injury or a circulatory system disorder.
Although bothersome, tinnitus usually isn't a sign of something serious. Although it can worsen with age, for many people, tinnitus can improve with treatment. Treating an identified underlying cause sometimes helps. Other treatments reduce or mask the noise, making tinnitus less noticeablehttp://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tinnitus/home/ovc-20180349

Helboi

I've had varying levels of tinnitus for at least a decade and I've not noticed any increase since starting TRT almost a year ago.

smithers

I've had tinnitus for many years pre TRT, and TRT hasn't changed it. Mine isn't that loud because there's usually enough noise at home and work to drown it out. Right now I can barely hear it but its very similar to electronics noise so its not so bad.
However I remember one time while on vacation I was in Flagstaff Arizona we went to sunset crater mistakenly thinking it was the meteor crater. Anyways it was so dead, still and quiet there that my tinnitus was very loud and annoying.

I'm sitting here right now listening to my tinnitus...grrrrrr...really bothers me on the phone if there's any background noise, same with in person conversations. I hear but have some marked difficulty understanding. I, jokingly, like to claim that I'm half deaf. Sometimes in social situations I come off as aloof, or shy, which I am, but number one thing I'd say is that I just can't hear to enjoy a conversation.

DxHypo

I've had tinnitus (from loud guitar amplifiers) for 30 plus years (I'm 56 now). TRT has not helped nor added to the problem.

bobcat

I have tinnitus but assumed it was the result of Wellbutrin. Never occurred to me that it could be my TRT regimen - gel and HCG.

cmatt15

Also be sure that your taking in enough Magnesium . TRT tends to use up the body’s source of magnesium at quicker rates than normal , and a lack of magnesium can cause tinnitus.

Sean Mosher

cmatt15.............has that been your experience?
Did you have tinnitus and Mg cleared it up??
I hadn't heard that before and just would like to clarify.

cmatt15

cmatt15.............has that been your experience?
Did you have tinnitus and Mg cleared it up??
I hadn't heard that before and just would like to clarify.

Hey Sean, yeah I noticed that I was having tinnitus after beginning TRT and I could not figure out why . After googling and researching conditions , supps etc. I came across this article .
Ringing in the Ears after Taking Vitamin D

In the article they talk about tinnitus after supplementing with Vitamin D3. They go on to say that it’s not the vitamin d itself that causes tinnitus but “Vitamin D requires magnesium as a 'cofactor' in order to be converted from 'Vitamin D' into it's active form in the bloodstream. This conversion process requires and even uses up magnesium in the process, often creating overt signs of magnesium deficiency in those who are unknowingly marginally deficient in the first place.”

This instantly reminded me of an episode on TOT revolution with Jay Campbell and Dr Rob, where Dr. Rob explains that TRT uses up magnesium at a high rate and that men on TRT should be supplementing with it .

Well I take TRT and Vitamin D3 and I wasn’t taking any magnesium . So I knew that I was most likely not getting the optimal amount in my body . So I started taking 400 mg Magnesium Glycenate and the tinnitus got marginally better , along with some symptoms of gunners I was having which he explains in the video as well.

Hope this helps

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching