TRT 3 weeks vs 4 weeks

Buy Lab Tests Online

fmalianos

Currently I inject testosterone into 3 split doses (mon, wed, fri) subq, weekly.

I'm considering changing to: skipping a week and just adding those 3 skipped doses into 3 weeks, so Basically what I'm doing is the same total dose for 4 weeks into 3 weeks and then do a kind of "mini cycle" every week4.

Anyone else had tried this? Any comments, suggestions. Thanks
Anyone know if a skipping a week woul trigger withdrawal symptoms?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

maxadvance

If I had to guess, as long as it's Cypionate, it wouldn't be a huge drop off in week 4. Test C, depending on where you look has a half life between 8-13 days. The question to me is why? Doing this serves no purpose.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
It doesn't make sense at all IMO to do that. It won't really be a "mini" cycle, when you skip that week, your serum levels will be dropping, then you will be scrambling to double dose the following week (and only that week until next month), which will cause a heavier spike that week; causing other imbalances like E2. Then by the time that just starts to settle you will be right back to the 3x/week, steady protocol again.

I personally can't see where anything at all can be gained by taking that approach. What you're sort-a/kind-a teetering on is sometimes referred to a "blast" (Nelson's favorite word BTW), but what you're suggesting isn't even remotely close to that topic. I'd personally suggest to leave well enough alone, but that's just me ...

fmalianos

Thanks for your inputs. And yes what I'm looking to do is to have higher dose for 3weeks without running out of my allotted testosterone. And also because I feel like sometimes my body is asking for a mini break...don't ask me why but sometimes I feel it's good to allow our bodies a mini break from medications.

fmalianos

I wouldn't double dose the following week after the 1week break...I'd just go back to my regular weekly dose for 3 weeks. I'm just looking to do the same total monthly (4 week) dose into 3 weeks.

fmalianos

Yea I inject testosterone cypionate. And its to get an extra dose per week without having the issue of running out of my allotted testosterone. And also to allow my body to run on nothing, like a mini break on that every 4th week.

You're on the wrong pathway, IMO, thinking T is a drug you need a break from. If you want a blast or something similar, my issue there is don't eliminate week three, just double week four. I would be opposed to stopping a week. I think I hear you saying you want to do this while stretching your vial before needing a refill.

fmalianos

You're on the wrong pathway, IMO, thinking T is a drug you need a break from. If you want a blast or something similar, my issue there is don't eliminate week three, just double week four. I would be opposed to stopping a week. I think I hear you saying you want to do this while stretching your vial before needing a refill.

I get what you guys are saying but if the half life of test cyp is about a week I don't see where this is such an issue. Again all I want is to be able to get the same exact dose I would get in 4 weeks but in 3 weeks with the 4th week with no injection..so that I'm not getting more than my prescribed amount for 4 weeks.

Currently
Week 1 .25ml x 3 days
Week 2 .25ml x 3 days
Week 3 .25ml x 3 days
Week 4 .25ml x 3 days

Modified
Week 1 .25ml x 4 days
Week 2 .25ml x 4 days
Week 3 .25ml x 4 days
Week 4 no injections
Week 5 Restart modified plan and so on.

All I'm doing is borrowing the 3 doses from week 4 and spreading them into the 3 weeks (1 extra dose per week)

I'm not using any more testosterone than what was prescribed. Get me?

CoastWatcher

Your body doesn't need a mini-break from testosterone, as you wrote, if you are hypogonadal. The entire point of TRT is to restore a needed hormone - a substance your system needs. To interrupt your therapy is merely setting yourself up to feel lousy.

MG123

fmalianos,

I think everyone gets what you are saying, but I can see no reason why this would provide any benefits. I can only see negatives with the dosing schedule you are proposing. Yes, you will still have testosterone in your system on your week off, but you will probably be miserable after the first 3-5 days due to the steady decline. Unlike women, men are not meant to have such fluctuations in hormones during the month.

Vince

Super Moderator
fmalianos, I can't see any positives from skipping a week, I am interested in knowing how you feel after you skip a week. Please keep us all updated.

MG123

Furthermore, the people who wait a week in between injections usually take one larger dose at the beginning of the week to hold them over till their next shot. You on the other hand will be taking multiple smaller doses throughout the week before your week off.

The half-life of Cypionate is well known to be appx 72hrs, no longer, the sole reason to inject E3.5D and why weekly or biweekly is suboptimal.

fmalianos

fmalianos, I can't see any positives from skipping a week, I am interested in knowing how you feel after you skip a week. Please keep us all updated.

Well my last shot was last Friday, so it's been a week and I feel ok no issues. But then this is the first week off from my regular doses of 0.25 ml X 3 shots per week.But then we'll see if I'll feel a difference after switching to 3 weeks at 0.25ml X 4 shots per week.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that my rationale behind taking a week off is this to allow my skin to maybe help with oily/acne issues that came back after starting TRT. I'm also on HCG and I'm not changing that at all within the week off, so maybe that helped with avoiding withdrawal since I know it raises testosterone levels a little bit.

fmalianos

The half-life of Cypionate is well known to be appx 72hrs, no longer, the sole reason to inject E3.5D and why weekly or biweekly is suboptimal.

Yes every where I read they say it's best to do more often shots than weekly and biweekly is a Big Nono(reason why i split my weekly dose into 3 shots per week)But I'm not switching to weekly or biweekly...

I currently do 0.25ml 3times per week, every week...all I'm doing is borrowing the 3 doses from week 4 and spreading them into the 3 weeks and then taking week 4 off. and then starting up the same new schedule at week 5.

FYI My last shot was last Friday so it's been a week without test and I feel fine, no issues at all...mind you I still gave my 3 doses of HCG @ 250 iu so idk if that helped me on my week off

Yes every where I read they say it's best to do more often shots than weekly and biweekly is a Big Nono(reason why i split my weekly dose into 3 shots per week)But I'm not switching to weekly or biweekly...

I currently do 0.25ml 3times per week, every week...all I'm doing is borrowing the 3 doses from week 4 and spreading them into the 3 weeks and then taking week 4 off. and then starting up the same new schedule at week 5.

FYI My last shot was last Friday so it's been a week without test and I feel fine, no issues at all...mind you I still gave my 3 doses of HCG @ 250 iu so idk if that helped me on my week off

I see your intent on rationalizing what you want to do so good luck to you.

Vince

Super Moderator
Well my last shot was last Friday, so it's been a week and I feel ok no issues. But then this is the first week off from my regular doses of 0.25 ml X 3 shots per week.But then we'll see if I'll feel a difference after switching to 3 weeks at 0.25ml X 4 shots per week.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that my rationale behind taking a week off is this to allow my skin to maybe help with oily/acne issues that came back after starting TRT. I'm also on HCG and I'm not changing that at all within the week off, so maybe that helped with avoiding withdrawal since I know it raises testosterone levels a little bit.

I know it's all about feeling better, if it works for you that's great. But as you know I do have my doubts.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
OK, so you've provided your thinking and everyone in the group has pretty much responded with similar, like-minded comments. IMO, this won't do anything positive for you. I'm not a subscriber to taking breaks, but, if that's the approach one wants to take, then do it right and take a break!

I had a doctor once upon a time, who pulled me off of Cyp for one (1) month, and he ramped up my HCG protocol for 2 weeks; administering 1,000iu/day for 5 days (2 days off), then repeat the following week. Interesting enough, my test serum results were in the mid 900's after it was said and done, but my doctor's point was to take a break from Cyp for 1 month.

Anyhow, you're opening post indicates a "mini-cycle", which would indicate you're leaning for more hormones, but then that's recanted by stating your body is asking for a "mini-break". It's as if you're trying to create something new and different that will provide a benefit, but it won't. If this had an advantage, there would be tons of data on it. For TRT purposes, steady & stable is the name of the game. As noted and to conclude, this won't be a major impact either way, so it's your choice.

lcvl

Allowing a slightly deeper valley in your T levels during that fourth week might indeed make sense. I'd give it a try.

Three possible scenarios:
- It's gonna make you feel better: Stick to it!
- You're gonna feel exactly the same.
- You're gonna feel worse: Go back to the old protocol.

:)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching