High HCT

Buy Lab Tests Online

bobcat

My latest HCT results are 54.6. My Kaiser endo wants me to stop TRT for two weeks then retest. Don't want to stop TRT for two weeks! Any suggestions? Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
My latest HCT results are 54.6. My Kaiser endo wants me to stop TRT for two weeks then retest. Don't want to stop TRT for two weeks! Any suggestions? Thanks.

Yes, I agree with Coast, don't stop TRT. Start donating blood every 8 weeks, like Coast said you can get a script from your doctor. If they can't use your blood.

CoastWatcher

Certain men on TRT see their hematocrit and hemoglobin rise to the point that an intervention is necessary. A blood draw is the only way to deal with it. Stopping your testosterone is NOT the way to deal with it - your instincts were correct.

Les

Donate a unit of blood to get yourself back into range. I have heard too many bad things about stopping and restarting therapy. Doctor can also write a prescription to draw the blood and then discard it if not eligible to donate. Don't stop your trt!!!

OMI100

CK your local blood bank's web site and research the meds that have an impact on you being a walk-in donor. There are some cases where meds you may be on will exclude you from donating. You may have to stop other meds for a predetermined amount of time before they will take your blood. If you are on meds that stop you from donating you can go the therapeutic phlebotomy route. In my case I had to go that route and the local blood bank had it's own therapeutic phlebotomy form that I needed to down load, fill out, and get my PCP to sign and fax to the blood banks home office first, for prior approval for the local blood bank to do the draw. There was also a minimal cost for the draw (therapeutic phlebotomy). I think $20 or $30. Not much... And I even got the Tee shirt:)

Helboi

There was also a minimal cost for the draw (therapeutic phlebotomy). I think $20 or $30. Not much... And I even got the Tee shirt:)

It's much more expensive for me...costs $150 each time...ouch. Feels like I'm being cheated considering the materials used and the time it takes.

OMI100

Hmmmmm Thinking it may pay to shop around for a therapeutic phlebotomy if you have more than one organization that collects blood in your area. Have no idea if the Red Cross has a side deal with LifeSouth? Looking at the Red Cross web site, it tells me they have a donation center in Montgomery and Mobile... Not in my area. They do have blood donation drives with the bus at various locations, dates and times? http://www.redcrossblood.org/alabama So in my case LifeSouth is local and reasonable. Have no idea what the Red Cross charges around here for a therapeutic phlebotomy?
Hmmmm Just looked at the locations that LifeSouth has, and there is overlap and a LOT more bricks and mortar locations to donate blood than the Red Cross....

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me