Your Experience with Defy

Buy Lab Tests Online

DDD

I am new to the forum and just starting posting. So far the information and discussions have been very helpful.

I'd like to pose a question to the forum users. Would you mind sharing what your experience has been with Defy Medical? I've heard so many people mention this place and I am curious to know what people's experience has been on TRT before they switched to Deft, and after........ and of course why they switched.

What does Defy do that other places don't? What makes them different, in your opinion?

This would be very helpful to me, and probably to others. Thanks much.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
P

Palermitano

After working with my urologist and a local TRT Dr (both were clueless) it's a pleasure to work with Defy, mostly because of their knowledge. Their prices are reasonable as well, great customer service and meds are discretely shipped right to your door. I've never administered self injections before, but it couldn't be easier, in fact for some reason, I actually look forward to my next injection. I'm very happy and thank everyone here for the recommendation.

CoastWatcher

46and 2, what is their price of T cypionate?

You should give them a call. Every question you have can be answered, and will be answered, cheerfully. They are remarkably open about everything. I have used them for a second opinion and was pleased. It confirmed, in my own mind, that my local doctor knew at she was doing, and gave me ideas for my own protocol.

BBaller

To reply to your main query, DDD- I am a recent patient of theirs. Can't speak for long term care, but so far they seem very agreeable.

I did visit two other local clinics in Florida. One more than 1 year ago when I first began researching TRT and doing blood work. This clinic recommended in office injections every two weeks, did not offer at-home administration and was a bit pricier ($65 every injection).

The other clinic I visited before Defy- they seemed more agreeable, offered in home administration options, was open to using different compounded blends of cypionate/propionate to see what worked best for me, and the director I spoke with there (prior to consulting the doctor) was very generous with his time. He seemed on top of the current best practices and I felt confident that i would receive good care there. If circumstances were different, I might have gone with them.

The sticking point was cost- base cost was $99/month, plus bloodwork plus twice annual consultation fees, plus an annual membership fee. This included the prescription, needles and syringes, all shipped to your door. If HCG was indicated on your protocol, cost jumped to $175/month and if an AI was necessary, cost would jump to $200/month. In total, I was looking at an estimated $3000+ annually.

Defy in contrast, is roughly half of that for me, including medications, consultations and bloodwork. Plus they have the endorsement of Nelson and many members here. I have the ability to either order supplies (needles/syringes, etc.) from them at a reasonable cost (30c each), or purchase my own supplies (such as from http://www.allegromedical.com/).

I live close enough that I visited the office, and Dr Saya was similarly gracious with his time during my consultation. He answered all my questions and concerns, and did not pressure me when I indicated that I was still on the fence. He was honest about the possible risks and benefits, and seemed to appreciate the effort I put in to self care, and how exhaustive I'd been in my research, tracking and self-experimentation.

I've had a couple of minor questions thus far and his staff has been mostly helpful. Though I would certainly consider tweaking and experimenting with my protocol as time goes on (for example, I would be open to more frequent injections or experimenting with different esters (propionate rather than cypionate), I recognize the value of being a compliant patient, so as to minimize variables and determining whether refinement is called for. I trust that the standard of care I'll receive there is high and want to give Dr Saya and his staff every opportunity to direct the care based on their clinical experience.

We'll see how it works in the long term, but for now I'm comfortable working with them and they've given me every reason to trust them.

DDD

Thank you Bballer. I appreciate your testimony very much. The clinic I use costs me $80/month and that includes providing the T and blood work which I've been doing monthly. I can get injected at their office, or self inject at home. My cost stays the same regardless whether I do a once a week protocol or twice weekly. They provide me with the filled syringes if I want to self inject. If I need anastrozole I can get that through my insurance. HCG would be extra, but I've never used it so far.

So how was your initial consultation, and what regimen did they start you on?

BBaller

Thank you Bballer. I appreciate your testimony very much. The clinic I use costs me $80/month and that includes providing the T and blood work which I've been doing monthly. I can get injected at their office, or self inject at home. My cost stays the same regardless whether I do a once a week protocol or twice weekly. They provide me with the filled syringes if I want to self inject. If I need anastrozole I can get that through my insurance. HCG would be extra, but I've never used it so far.

So how was your initial consultation, and what regimen did they start you on?

Hi DDD- happy to share.

Your clinic seems very affordable. $80/month including T, monthly bloodwork. consultations, and an option for either in office or at home self-administration via pre-filled syringes sounds like an exceptional deal to me. If I had an option like that it would be a no-brainer for me, assuming that the standard of care was agreeable.

Is this self-pay or is that an insurance co-pay? What bloodwork specifically is included and do you run it all each month, or at varying frequency? Do you adjust your protocol on a monthly basis, quarterly, or on some other schedule? Are there other fees associated aside from that $80/month?

If it is as inclusive as it sounds, that seems like a great deal. Are you comfortable sharing which clinic you use, and are you happy with the care you receive there?

EDIT: Forgot to reply. My current initial protocol is Test cyp 70mg and 400IU HCG 2/x week subcutaneously or intra-muscularly as per my preference (thus far I've used on SC or perhaps incidentally shallow IM).

Last edited:

DDD

Hi DDD- happy to share.

Your clinic seems very affordable. $80/month including T, monthly bloodwork. consultations, and an option for either in office or at home self-administration via pre-filled syringes sounds like an exceptional deal to me. If I had an option like that it would be a no-brainer for me, assuming that the standard of care was agreeable.

Is this self-pay or is that an insurance co-pay? What bloodwork specifically is included and do you run it all each month, or at varying frequency? Do you adjust your protocol on a monthly basis, quarterly, or on some other schedule? Are there other fees associated aside from that $80/month?

If it is as inclusive as it sounds, that seems like a great deal. Are you comfortable sharing which clinic you use, and are you happy with the care you receive there?

EDIT: Forgot to reply. My current initial protocol is Test cyp 70mg and 400IU HCG 2/x week subcutaneously or intra-muscularly as per my preference (thus far I've used on SC or perhaps incidentally shallow IM).

Bballer, this is a self pay, and I realize it is a pretty good price. But they are growing and the doc is not in the clinic much because this is not what he does full time. So the more it grows, I wonder how much individualized attention I'll be able to get. They didn't test my E2 in the beginning and I'm reading here that every place should do that. They do now, but it is the standard test, but I'll be asking for the sensitive from now on. They let me change my protocol more than I should have, according to some of the members here. And part of that is because they are growing and maybe don't have as much time for individual attention. But the doc always meets with me when I want to make an appt. I could use Defy for independent consultation and use my local clinic to get the T. I haven't decided.

I don't mind paying more if I have to in order to be sure I'm on the right protocol.

And yes, the $80 is all inclusive. AI's I have to get on my own though.

HOw is your protocol working for you? Libido, muscle strength, energy, etc.

BBaller

Bballer, this is a self pay, and I realize it is a pretty good price. But they are growing and the doc is not in the clinic much because this is not what he does full time. So the more it grows, I wonder how much individualized attention I'll be able to get. They didn't test my E2 in the beginning and I'm reading here that every place should do that. They do now, but it is the standard test, but I'll be asking for the sensitive from now on. They let me change my protocol more than I should have, according to some of the members here. And part of that is because they are growing and maybe don't have as much time for individual attention. But the doc always meets with me when I want to make an appt. I could use Defy for independent consultation and use my local clinic to get the T. I haven't decided.

I don't mind paying more if I have to in order to be sure I'm on the right protocol.

And yes, the $80 is all inclusive. AI's I have to get on my own though.

HOw is your protocol working for you? Libido, muscle strength, energy, etc.

Looking through your posts, I can see that the quality of care may be of some concern, and I also would be alarmed that there seems to be an over-eagerness to adjust the protocol on the fly.

As much as I have researched and feel reasonably well informed about TRT, there is a reason I rely on a medical professional with clinical experience: I know the limits of my knowledge, and am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt if they advise a patient, conservative approach. Over-reacting to subjective experience (or even regular bloodwork) can be a dangerous rabbit hole since hormones work on a longer scale than many other interventions. It takes time to see things develop, and I would rather have a doctor who knows and has likely seen cases like mine before, when and if trouble-shooting is necessary.

My honest opinion, based on what you've shared, is going to echo what others have suggested: slow down a little bit and give yourself and your body time to adapt. This is a marathon, not a sprint, so no need to make hair trigger decisions unless you have reason to believe you're in imminent danger.

As for my protocol- so far nothing much to report roughly 6 weeks in: physically I experienced some water retention, which I wrote about in the forums, though that may be leveling out recently. Energy levels are still mixed. Assertiveness may be up slightly and in certain contexts. Libido and sexual performance, thankfully, were not issues previously and seem to remain strong to date.

Strength was down for the last few months and my gym motivation and consistency have also been mixed. Currently training 1-3x/week depending on my schedule and wherewithal. I'd like to be training 3-4x/weekly again. My energy for basketball, my primary physical outlet, remains strong- I usually play 5-10+ hours per week.

Focus and concentration were an issue for me; hard to say where they're at now, since much of it was work- and stress-related, and hormones and physical systems I think can be highly multi-factorial. I intentionally engineer my life to reduce stress and avoid work that is unpleasant, so how much of my increased focus has to do with hormonal stabilization, and how much to simply reaping the fruits of better choices is hard to say. My working conception is that both of these feed into one another, and can enhance or exacerbate issues.

With respect to TRT, my mindset is to take a long-term approach. However much I'd like the therapy to help me get yoked, be bad-ass and become supremely charismatic and confident, my prudence compels me to restrain extraordinary expectations and remain as patient and objective as I can be. Those personality, physical and productivity changes may happen, and TRT may be an adjunct, but I'll still have to take the time and do the work.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching