Will Clomid work to reduce elevated estradiol? More effectively than Anastrozole?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jasmale

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Nelson, your book is wonderful and has been a great help to me. I recently started TRT in late October after having a testosterone reading of about 260. About two to three weeks into it I started to notice the following negative effects (although the positive effect are there as well) - 1) the sensation of fluid retention, 2) increased sweating during workouts, 3) difficulty maintaining erections. Now, I've always sweated a bit more than average ( I play tennis a lot and I'll notice I'm sweating like crazy and the guy across from me is only mildly), but I never before had erection issues. My doctor told me to take DIMM to regulate estrogen, which I've taken around 300 mg a day since this started.

So I recently went in for my blood work - everything else was in normal range but the following

Estradiol - 66 pg/ML

Testosterone is rather high from what I understand as well:
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL,
LC/MS/MS 1626 H 250-1100 ng/dL

FREE TESTOSTERONE 413.1 H 35.0-155.0 pg/mL

I should also mention what I consider are other pertinent facts. I've nearly as far as I can remember had mild gynecomastia, even when I was in better shape than I am now. And currently I'm around 25% body fat. So I can stand to drop some fat. Lastly, I receive testosterone pellets, so I have to essentially wait for this testosterone to dissipate.

So, here is my question -

My doctor said he'd first like to see what happens if I take zinc 50 mg 2x a day, for a month and retest. Second, he said if that doesn't work I can try Clomid.

I told him I'll give the zinc a try, but I'm doubtful that it will cut my estradiol in half - what do you think?

Second, everything I've read states that anastrozole is the go to drug on this, and that Clomid is more for fertility or for those for whom trt has no efficacy. What's your opinion on this?

Third, wouldn't anastrozole be more effective in relieving my negative side effects?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Loki

I got 2,000 mg of biote pellets implanted. Other than that, the only protocol has been to take DIMM at 300 mg a day.

I am finding I know much less than I thought as a result of some of the very smart folks on this site. My experience is with compounded cream, Clomid and now Cyp Shots/HCG.... As some have mentioned on this site for me I was "bringing my doctor along" and it would be better to go with some of the best in the industry. I am now waiting for my first consultation with Defy... I will say this with my personal experience with Clomid... I have no idea what it triggered in me but I have never felt worse.... Suicidal thoughts, depressed, no libido, etc... I was taking 50MG Monday-Friday... T was good but that was it... Just my 2 cents on that... On a different not you and I have similar current symptoms and hormone levels... As soon as I get my consult in I will give you an update....

ERO

Do you know if your E2 was with the regular test or the ultra sensitive?

In either case, it is not high when compared to your Total T. Your T to E ratio is 1626/66 = 24. The ideal T to E range is 14-20 so this means you have LOW E2 not high E2. If you are having E2 symptoms you may be very very sensitive, or you just may be experiencing some water retention as your body adjusts to your new protocol.

If you need an AI, you want to use Anastrozol in very small doses like 0.25mg twice weekly to start - wait 4 weeks and then test again.

jasmale

I am finding I know much less than I thought as a result of some of the very smart folks on this site. My experience is with compounded cream, Clomid and now Cyp Shots/HCG.... As some have mentioned on this site for me I was "bringing my doctor along" and it would be better to go with some of the best in the industry. I am now waiting for my first consultation with Defy... I will say this with my personal experience with Clomid... I have no idea what it triggered in me but I have never felt worse.... Suicidal thoughts, depressed, no libido, etc... I was taking 50MG Monday-Friday... T was good but that was it... Just my 2 cents on that... On a different not you and I have similar current symptoms and hormone levels... As soon as I get my consult in I will give you an update....

Thank you for sharing. Sorry to here about your experience. Please keep me posted on your consult...would like to know what they do for your symptoms.

DLK

Clomid is taken to increase natural test production, I currently take 15mg daily, so as an anti-estrogen I can't see using clomid at all it would probably increase your E2. The anastrozol dose ERO gave is what I use

Loki

Clomid is taken to increase natural test production, I currently take 15mg daily, so as an anti-estrogen I can't see using clomid at all it would probably increase your E2. The anastrozol dose ERO gave is what I use

Maybe my does was too high at 50mg a day... I will say this, my testes BLEW UP when I took it.... Do you feel ok taking it?

DLK

that dose is way to high, but no I don't feel very good, low libido, down in the dumps but still trying to get dialed in, my hematocrit is high and high E2

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me