Hi everyone - new member

Buy Lab Tests Online

hotdog

Hello everyone,
57 years old.
My recent medical history is "undetectable" T, high BP (150-170). No previous TRT.
Was put on Clomid 50mg twice a week and around week 5 I started feeling different and a little bit better.
I noticed a little tingling in my hands but shrugged it off. Then while sitting I experienced a tingling rush in my lower left arm the like of which I have never experienced before. It lasted about 10 seconds. I put it all down to the BP cuff.

Then I sat down at midnight on Thursday to watch the force awaken and my right leg and right arm went crazy with numbness and tingling.
Thinking it was a min stroke I went to ER the next day and they found nothing. The tingling and numbness lasted 24 hours and then disappeared. I last took Clomid 4 days ago and my research indicates it might cause nerve damage. Has anyone else had or heard of Clomid causing nerve damage?
Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Your Clomid dose is very low - probably too low to raise your T levels, much less cause nerve damage, which is not something associated with Clomid as a side effect.

You need to switch to a doctor that understands TRT. At 57 years old, raising your natural T via Clomid is less likely to give you the results you want than just injecting 50 mg T every 3.5 days.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Hotdog, what was your LH & FSH results. Like noted above, you're 57yo, your HPTA isn't at the level of a 25yo. IMO, if you want your testosterone to go up, then get a prescription for testosterone (and HCG if secondary).

hotdog

Your Clomid dose is very low - probably too low to raise your T levels, much less cause nerve damage, which is not something associated with Clomid as a side effect.

You need to switch to a doctor that understands TRT. At 57 years old, raising your natural T via Clomid is less likely to give you the results you want than just injecting 50 mg T every 3.5 days.

Thanks for your reply ERO. The nerve experiences I've had seem to correlate just too well with starting Clomid, I'm guessing I may just be overly sensitive to the drug.
The doctor is full time anti-aging/restorative medicine and has used T for his own athletic goals but he did say he had a cautious approach.

CoastWatcher

Thanks for your reply ERO. The nerve experiences I've had seem to correlate just too well with starting Clomid, I'm guessing I may just be overly sensitive to the drug.
The doctor is full time anti-aging/restorative medicine and has used T for his own athletic goals but he did say he had a cautious approach.

Vince's post is a good one. Defy, I am not a patient but have spoken to them, offered second-opinion consultations. It might be worth the time and money.

CoastWatcher

Yeah, that pretty much reflects "Secondary". I'd talk to Defy, and I would predict they would explore just getting testosterone prescribed.

My own situation was similar in some respects. My local doctor, based on test results, said: "Secondary". I wondered and spoke to Defy who confirmed her judgement. I made the right choice in both getting a second opinion and finding that my doctor knew what she was doing. I don't regret, for a moment, the one, brief interaction I had with Defy and would urge you to consider them if your local doctors are providing less than certain direction.

hotdog

It's now two weeks since I took a Clomid tablet and it appears to have washed out of my system. The nerve problems have finally gone. I didn't mention before that one of the problems was an excruciating pain between body and left testes that lasted 5 minutes at one point. Not good.

I found this reference on another site:
“5) Peripheral Neuropathy and Paresthesia. One commonly reported side effect of clomid are the symptoms of nerve damage, such as tingling, numbness, burning, itsching, etc. This usually discontinues several months after stopping the drug, but one can't help but wonder how much damage has been done”. (http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Clomid_Testosterone.aspx).

Loki

and moderator approval is now required to check the URL is safe I suspect

Hotdog I was on 50MG of clomid M-F and my T jumped, balls grew much bigger than HCG but.... I felt terrible, suicidal, and I had the tingling sensation all over my body but suspected MS or something along those lines (thank God it was not)... I even went to Mayo and they said I had a "Metobolic issue" something ordinary acting extraordinary for a short term basis... I didn't even suspect Clomid... After the fact I think it was the Clomid...

ERO

Yeah, I have not seen a lot of guys that "like" Clomid as a long-term treatment on the various forums. Now just because I have not seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist but what I do see is a lot of guys that get decent T numbers on Clomid but never ever really feel good on it.

My 2-cents: if you are a guy over 45 or maybe 50 and you are not trying to do a HPTA re-start, just go with properly dosed Testosterone rather than hope that you are going to be the one guy in ten or whatever that feels awesome on long-term Clomid.

hotdog

Hotdog I was on 50MG of clomid M-F and my T jumped, balls grew much bigger than HCG but.... I felt terrible, suicidal, and I had the tingling sensation all over my body but suspected MS or something along those lines (thank God it was not)... I even went to Mayo and they said I had a "Metobolic issue" something ordinary acting extraordinary for a short term basis... I didn't even suspect Clomid... After the fact I think it was the Clomid...

Thanks Mica, it's great that someone else can confirm this.
I also thought I was getting MS or that I had a stroke.
It was the clomid as I was getting nerve issues every day until I stopped the drug. No doubt clomid works but it has this nasty impact on some people.

Loki

Thanks Mica, it's great that someone else can confirm this.
I also thought I was getting MS or that I had a stroke.
It was the clomid as I was getting nerve issues every day until I stopped the drug. No doubt clomid works but it has this nasty impact on some people.

Agree, the tingling would wake me up in the middle of the night... I was scared to death... Like I said even went to the Mayo in MN... It is really odd but nobody has told me how or what happened... It took 6 months for symptoms to subside and they are still there very mildly... I had MRI's, Spinal taps, the works...

hotdog

Agree, the tingling would wake me up in the middle of the night... I was scared to death... Like I said even went to the Mayo in MN... It is really odd but nobody has told me how or what happened... It took 6 months for symptoms to subside and they are still there very mildly... I had MRI's, Spinal taps, the works...

This sounds so familiar - the attack on the nerves is very significant. I went to the ER as the numbness and tingling in right leg and arm came on very quickly - they gave me a brain MRI that revealed nothing.

Loki

This sounds so familiar - the attack on the nerves is very significant. I went to the ER as the numbness and tingling in right leg and arm came on very quickly - they gave me a brain MRI that revealed nothing.

Very similar!!! You hear very little success stories with Clomid... I am on the shot now but have to admit I felt so better on the topical cream... My gym gains have been great but I will opt for feeling better... Protocol and consult review for me on Tuesday with Defy....

ERO

Very similar!!! You hear very little success stories with Clomid... I am on the shot now but have to admit I felt so better on the topical cream... My gym gains have been great but I will opt for feeling better... Protocol and consult review for me on Tuesday with Defy....

Defy is very open to working with you, so you may want to ask if you can continue shots but also add a very small amount of topical T to your scrotum for increased DHT. Topical T makes some guys feel better than they do on shots, and that is usually that is because they get higher DHT with topicals than they do on shots.

Loki

Defy is very open to working with you, so you may want to ask if you can continue shots but also add a very small amount of topical T to your scrotum for increased DHT. Topical T makes some guys feel better than they do on shots, and that is usually that is because they get higher DHT with topicals than they do on shots.

I will bring this up...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching