New guy questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

pureblood

Hi Guys, great forum you have here,nice to be a part of it, thanks for having me.
A little background about me, 47 yo male, in good shape. Alot of prior AAS use, around 8 years ago I couldn't properly recover from cycles and put myself on a "bro science" type of TRT which basically consisted of a 250 mg shot of test once a week. I thought I was doing fine, never got detailed blood work but my GP said things looked good and my test levels were great. UGH.
I started having ED, bloat, lethargy ect and felt it might be high E2 and began using .25 liquid A dex 2 times a week and split my shot, but no improvement.
So looked into a TRT Dr. They advised me to stop using Test for 2 weeks prior to blood work. After being "off" for 2 weeks my bloodwork said my test levels were terrible and E2 was 5. Is it possible I crashed it at .25 A dex?
Long story short the new DR. wants be at 200mgs Cyp with Hcg the day before my shot and one day prior to that and .5mgs Anastrozole the following day. I believe this is Dr. Crislers protocol also?
I spoke to him about splitting my shot which he's fine with but at a 5 for e2 I'm afraid of making it worse. They seem to think when I begin this new protocol it will slowly elevate my e2
Does any of this make sense or am I nuts. I'd assume at 5 I'd forgo the AI for a bit.
Sorry if Im rambling but if anyone can shed some light on this I'd be much obliged.
Thank You

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I am glad you joined us.

I tend to be a conservative guy who believes in doing things is steps while monitoring blood work.

Starting someone on anastrozole at baseline is not a smart thing. I would start HCG+TRT and wait until week 6 or 8 to test my estradiol via sensitive assay to see if I indeed need anastrozole.

I also believe in simplification after trying many things in the past 28 years.

You may want to watch this video for my simplified protocol. Many doubted it but I now know many men who have great T and E2 levels while preserving testicle size and fertility without having to inject more than twice per week.

I have never taken anastrozole since I have never had E2 higher than 45 pg/mL even during my days of using higher T doses.

Questions:

How was your blood pressure while you were feeling bloated?
How was your sleep quality?
Why did he/she put you on anastrozole with a baseline E2 of 5?

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. You will find a community here that does its best to respond to each member. What other blood work did your doctor run? I would hope a full CBC, and PSA at the very least.

pureblood

Welcome to Excelmale. You will find a community here that does its best to respond to each member. What other blood work did your doctor run? I would hope a full CBC, and PSA at the very least.
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm trying to get a copy of bloods as we speak. From the phone consultation, I know my DHEA is low and thyroid is just barley in range.

pureblood

BP was good
Sleep quality has always been terrible
I'm assuming they're anticipating my e2 levels to spike when I begin therapy.
I was told to drop my test use 2 weeks prior to blood work, can the drop in test result in an e2 drop as well?
Great video btw, thanks again

ERO

Everybody is different in how much they convert to E2 and many guys don't convert at a high rate. Starting an AI right off is not smart as Nelson pointed out. The smart thing is to use Test and HCG for 4-6 weeks and then test to see where your E2 levels are via the ultra sensitive test.

Many of us on this forum don't use any AI or only use tiny doses like 0.15 mg once or twice a week. It doesn't sound like a lot but 0.5 mg of Anastrozole a week is a pretty high dose for TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator
Pureblood, Welcome. I agree with Nelson skip the AI for now. I also use Nelson's protocol, I really think the shoulders are the best place to inject.

pureblood

Thanks for the advice guys. How long do you think it'll take me e2 levels to bounce back? I'm just using cyp@200 mgs split into two shots, hcg to begin as soon as it gets here.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks for the advice guys. How long do you think it'll take me e2 levels to bounce back? I'm just using cyp@200 mgs split into two shots, hcg to begin as soon as it gets here.

When you tank your E2, it can take up to a few weeks to get back to a normal level.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me