Gel application site issue

Buy Lab Tests Online

DS431

I've been on Fortesta (7 pumps daily) for almost 3 years maintaining a 700-900 t-level. My most recent blood test revealed a level of 1986. .25mg daily of Anastrazole keeps the Estradiol at 24. PSA is .02.

I had just recently changed to applying the gel to my upper arms and shoulders instead of thee recommended inner thighs. My doctor thinks that may be the problem. Ordered a retest in 30 days. Hope it was a lab error, but I resumed applying the gel to my inner thighs. Do y'all think that could be the problem?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
upper arms...if you applied it and then had a blood draw, you very likely compromised the test result. If you got the gel on the blood draw site, where they stick the needle or anywhere close it, it's a fact your test was compromised. I would suggest you have a blood draw, THEN apply your gel, anywhere.

ERO

Second with Vince. Most likely cause of a high reading is as he has described. Always draw blood test, then go home and apply your gel if at all possible

DS431

My doctor always insists that I apply my gel 2 hrs before the blood draw. I agree with y'all though, applying after the draw to minimize compromise seems best. I'll talk to her about it.

ERO

If you have been on gel for 2-3 years and maintaining a 700-900 total T level, you are doing quite well. So many guys cannot get above 500 on gel that they often switch to injections.

OMI100

Hmmmmm 2 hours after application.... I would think one would like to know what the low point is...... That would be a blood test BEFORE application..... I wonder what the spread would be VS 2 hours after application....

DS431

My doctor said it was very important to apply the T-gel close to 2 hours before my blood was drawn. She referred to "The Endocrine Society" guidelines. I applied it to my shoulders as the draw site has always been at my inner arm at the elbow. I now apply it to my inner thighs (as per the Fortesta instructions) . I retest in 3 weeks, hoping for better results. The previous test could have ben in error also. Thanks for your reply.
upper arms...if you applied it and then had a blood draw, you very likely compromised the test result. If you got the gel on the blood draw site, where they stick the needle or anywhere close it, it's a fact your test was compromised. I would suggest you have a blood draw, THEN apply your gel, anywhere.

DS431

See the reply I made to Vince Carter earlier today.
My doctor always insists that I apply my gel 2 hrs before the blood draw. I agree with y'all though, applying after the draw to minimize compromise seems best. I'll talk to her about it.

OMI100

Here is the guidelines mentioned.
Others with more knowledge may wish to comment.

Attachments

• jc.2009-2354.pdf
    226.1 KB · Views: 232
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com