Testosterone Level Over 2700/High PSA?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jamestrt

I have been on TRT since I found out my testosterone level was under 150 at the age of 30. Going into my sixth month of TRT, I have been taking monthly blood test monitoring to make sure my levels are OK throughout the early stages of TRT. My doctor has been noticing a slight increase of my PSA little by little as over the months, currently at 3.7 (was at 0.6 before starting TRT) which she was a bit concerned about at the moment. My testosterone levels have been steady between the ranges of 750 to 900 since I began TRT. But my last blood work results showed my testosterone level at 2720 and E2 at 13!!! For the past 4 months, I have been on 150ml/week with 0.5mg taken orally 2x per week. What's up with the big spike in testosterone? Could it be the anastrazole? Or is my dosage too high? My doctor wants to stop my TRT immediately, but I don't want to stop because I know what will happen to me. Is it possible it's some kind of lab error? Anybody have had this type of experience before?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Retest to rule out lab error on the testosterone and estradiol level. Your psa is approaching the level where a urological consultation is going to be needed. That is a concerning increase, assuming it is correct.

Vince

Super Moderator
James, you been on TRT for only 6 months, a very short time. I agree I would retest. I would think the labs are wrong.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
You can't just stop immediately as your HPTA suppressed and will crash hard when serum levels tank...not a good nor healthy place for a man to live. Retest as lab error does happen but do not stop. Also, regarding your prostate, get a digital rectal exam as soon as you can. PSALM can rise in some men on TRT but a DRE will help rule out a tumor.

You can't just stop immediately as your HPTA suppressed and will crash hard when serum levels tank...not a good nor healthy place for a man to live. Retest as lab error does happen but do not stop. Also, regarding your prostate, get a digital rectal exam as soon as you can. PSALM can rise in some men on TRT but a DRE will help rule out a tumor.

Very sound advice here.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I would retest and also go to an urologist to ensure that you do not have a prostatic infection that may be resulting in your increased PSA.

Someguy

Is it possible that you incorrectly dosed your testosterone at some point prior to the blood being drawn for this lab? Changed the type of syringe you use and misread the numbers? Maybe forgot and dosed yourself twice in one week?

Definitely get to a Urologist asap to get your prostate checked out. If it is something bad then early detection is important. Better safe than sorry.

Jamestrt

i inject once a week on the same day, same dosage. i'm prescribed the miniature bottles (1ml/200mg) and my dosage is 0.75ml each time. i HIGHLY doubt i accidentally injected twice on the same week, or if i mis-measured, i couldn't have gone over 0.25ml. but these are all great replies, thanks guys!

dropped into a lab today and re-tested my blood. i should get results within the next several days. i also went ahead and set up an appointment with a local urologist, whom i'll be meeting in the middle of december. sadly that was the earliest opening he has, and other urologists in my area are all 2 month+ wait times. i wish i could see a urologist immediately.

i'm hoping my last lab results were erroneous. i'll find out soon and let you all know what's up...

Jamestrt

Unreal.. Just got the results from my latest blood work, my testosterone came out to just above 1800. PSA drop down to about 2.5 (from 3.7), which my doctor was very happy about. I'm thinking either the anastrazole builded up my testosterone levels OR (extremely unlikely) I misdosed myself once or twice (as someguy pointed out).

I am still going to see a urologist to see what is going on... I lowered my dosage from 2x .5milligram of anastrozole per week to 2x .25milligram of anastrozole per week... Finally seeing a urologist on Thursday. Convinced him to see me a week earlier. Will update again soon.

OMI100

Just a question. Is your E2 test the SENSITIVE ONE? If not, you can find a lot of post here on what the correct one is and why to use it. Also 1 MG per week of an AI seems to be on the high end (with 0.5mg taken orally 2x per week) based on what a lot of guys are taking here. Again a lot of good info here on the impact of toooooo much AI.

Anastrozole does not exert influence on T, it works on the aromataze enzyme > Estrogen.

You seem to be clearly overdosing yourself, that, or you're not testing in your trough. For instance if you inject on Mon and Thurs, you should have a blood draw Thursday morning, BEFORE, you inject.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me