First Lab Work Post 6 weeks of .5 ml TRT 2 x weekly.

Buy Lab Tests Online

rdr

Hi Nelson,

I just received my preliminary results:

Testosterone, Total, still pending
Free Test (direct) >50.0 HIGH {please note: I was not aware I was taking the Lab test, 3 days prior I had the .5 ml injection}
Progesterone 0.7 WNL
DHEA-Sulfate 134.6 LOW
Estradiol 74.4 HIGH
(Roche ECLIA methodology)
Estrogens, Total 229 HIGH

RBC 5.50 high end of normal
Hemoglobin 16.1 high end of normal
Hematocrit 49.5 high end of normal

All other levels well WNL.

I will say in the last 2 weeks my testicles have essentially disappeared along with my libido.

What are your thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks,

rdr

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hi Nelson,

I just received my preliminary results:

Testosterone, Total, still pending
Free Test (direct) >50.0 HIGH {please note: I was not aware I was taking the Lab test, 3 days prior I had the .5 ml injection}
Progesterone 0.7 WNL
DHEA-Sulfate 134.6 LOW
Estradiol 74.4 HIGH
(Roche ECLIA methodology)
Estrogens, Total 229 HIGH

RBC 5.50 high end of normal
Hemoglobin 16.1 high end of normal
Hematocrit 49.5 high end of normal

All other levels well WNL.

I will say in the last 2 weeks my testicles have essentially disappeared along with my libido.

What are your thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks,

rdr

Can you give us your doseage, not the volume, of testosterone you are injecting? Doseage is measured in milligrams, volume in millilitres. We also need the ranges your lab uses to measure your results against. The estradiol test is the standard, not the sensitive, assay that is essential for men on TRT. Ask your doctor to run the LC - MS/MS test. Without your total testosterone, we can offer only limited insight. Your libido may well be impacted by elevated E2, but, again, without the proper test to assess it, it would be hazardous to make decisions about changing protocol. Testicles do shrink,on TRT -HCG can restore them.

rdr

Can you give us your doseage, not the volume, of testosterone you are injecting? Doseage is measured in milligrams, volume in millilitres. We also need the ranges your lab uses to measure your results against. The estradiol test is the standard, not the sensitive, assay that is essential for men on TRT. Ask your doctor to run the LC - MS/MS test. Without your total testosterone, we can offer only limited insight. Your libido may well be impacted by elevated E2, but, again, without the proper test to assess it, it would be hazardous to make decisions about changing protocol. Testicles do shrink,on TRT -HCG can restore them.

I am sorry, 200mg the dosage. I will receive the Total Test, LC/MS in a day or so..I didn't ad that part.

The results again with LabCorp Ranges:

Free Test (direct) >50.0 HIGH pg/mL 9.3 - 26.5
Progesterone 0.7 ng/mL 0.2 - 1.4
DHEA-Sulfate 134.6 LOW ug/dL 138.5 - 475.2
Estradiol 72.4 HIGH pg/mL 7.6 - 42.6
Roche ECLIA methodology
Estrogens, Total 229 HIGH pg/mL 40 - 115

RBC 5.50 x10E3/uL 3.4 - 10-8
Hemoglobin 16.1 x10E6/uL 12.6 - 17.7
Hematocrit 49.5 % 37.5 - 51.0

Thanks in advance

CoastWatcher

I am sorry, 200mg the dosage. I will receive the Total Test, LC/MS in a day or so..I didn't ad that part.

The results again with LabCorp Ranges:

Free Test (direct) >50.0 HIGH pg/mL 9.3 - 26.5
Progesterone 0.7 ng/mL 0.2 - 1.4
DHEA-Sulfate 134.6 LOW ug/dL 138.5 - 475.2
Estradiol 72.4 HIGH pg/mL 7.6 - 42.6
Roche ECLIA methodology
Estrogens, Total 229 HIGH pg/mL 40 - 115

RBC 5.50 x10E3/uL 3.4 - 10-8
Hemoglobin 16.1 x10E6/uL 12.6 - 17.7
Hematocrit 49.5 % 37.5 - 51.0

Thanks in advance

You are taking 200mg of testosterone weekly? That is the upper end of therapeutic doses. What did your doctor say in regard to a high starting dose? It is typically easier, for the patient, to start lower and move upward, slowly, if symptoms and lab work indicate such a need. One hundred milligrams, in divided doses, 50mg every 3.5 days is far more usual.

100mg at one time twice per week is far too much and accounts for the huge estrogen values. as Coastwatcher says smaller doses closer together help work to reduce Aromatase conversion. If you're self injecting you can change that easily but I presume this is in your Drs office.

rdr

First of all thank you both for responding. I am self-injecting and clearly it is wrong. I am injecting Monday and Thursday, 0.05 ml of 200mg/ml Testosterone Cypionate.

I injected today, should I stop until next week and reduce to a lower dose? How much should I inject?

I have the Anastrozole 1mg available. What are your thoughts?

rdr

CoastWatcher

First of all thank you both for responding. I am self-injecting and clearly it is wrong. I am injecting Monday and Thursday, 0.05 ml of 200mg/ml Testosterone Cypionate.

I injected today, should I stop until next week and reduce to a lower dose? How much should I inject?

I have the Anastrozole 1mg available. What are your thoughts?

rdr

Don't even think of using Anastrozole at this point. I would wait until next week, next Monday morning, and inject 50mg. On Thursday evening, inject your second dose of 50mg. I think there is an excellent chance that, six weeks from now, when you draw blood, you will have robust testosterone levels, and your E2 will be riding comfortably. No AI for at least six weeks while you adjust your protocol.

Last edited:

rdr

Thanks for your insight. I just noticed a mistake....I'm injecting 0.5 ml not 0.05 ml...
1.0 ml total per week.

CoastWatcher

Thanks for your insight. I just noticed a mistake....I'm injecting 0.5 ml not 0.05 ml...
1.0 ml total per week.

Remember, when speaking of your testosterone dose, always express it in milligrams. Syringe gauges vary - the dose you inject doesn't. And, keep in mind, that you need to be patient while your system adjusts to rebalanced serum levels. It may be a tedious, frustrating ride at the beginning as you find your estradiol dropping and your testosterone reaching a stable point. Stay the course, Monday and Thursday injections.

rdr

OK, I understand. I should take a total of 100 mg/wk; 2 x week at 50 mg per dose. I completely understand why I need to express in milligrams.

I am concerned with the Estrogen and Estradiol Levels. I realize they should gradually drop as I decrease the dosage.
I know to keep an eye on my Hematocrit and Hemoglobin levels as well.

Thanks for your help.

CoastWatcher

OK, I understand. I should take a total of 100 mg/wk; 2 x week at 50 mg per dose. I completely understand why I need to express in milligrams.

I am concerned with the Estrogen and Estradiol Levels. I realize they should gradually drop as I decrease the dosage.
I know to keep an eye on my Hematocrit and Hemoglobin levels as well.

Thanks for your help.

Keep us posted, or ask anything that comes to mind.

rdr

I just got my final results

Testosterone, Total LC/MS 2299.0 High ng/dL normal range 348.0 - 1197.0
Free Testosterone (Direct) >50.0 High pg/mL normal range 9.3 - 26.5

Everything else was the same as previously listed.
Prior to TRT injections the levels were as follows:

Testosterone, Total LC/MS 228.0 ng/dL
Free Testosterone (Direct) 7.4 pg/mL

I had my first injection in a week this morning. I am now on 100mg/wk at 2 x week at 50 mg per injection. Just to be absolutely clear my syringe is at .25 ml for each injection.

I know my numbers are off the chart because I was taking too much and the Lab Test was 24 hours or so after my previous injection. According to the Lab it is ideal to have approximately 10 days between the last injection and blood work.

Thanks for your insight and help.

Blood draws are done in a trough, in the 2x a week scenario, you inject on Monday @ 6am, you would want a blood draw on Thursday morning, just BEFORE your next injection. That lab told you wrong.

rdr

Thanks Vince,

With that being said, I just looked at the Date of the Blood Draw and it was on 10/15/15 Thursday am, my previous injection was on Monday 10/12/15.

I was taking way too much Test...I was taking 200mg Total per week at 100mg 2 x week injections. Today was my first injection in 1 week. I will continue with the CORRECT dosage. I will donate blood next week as well.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me