High blood pressure

Buy Lab Tests Online

ipi

I used to be 120/80 range and now 135/95 after being on the following for a month, I see that BP is a known side effect but what do I do for it, is there a natural way or by dose reduction?

160mg of testcyp twice a week
350iu of hcg twice a week

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

I used to be 120/80 range and now 135/95 after being on the following for a month, I see that BP is a known side effect but what do I do for it, is there a natural way or by dose reduction?

160mg of testcyp twice a week
350iu of hcg twice a week

Thanks

You are on 160mg of testosterone twice a week??? I thought you were taking 160mg weekly, and you had written that Defy had agreed you should split your dose. You doubled it???

Last edited:
I really don't get that you know what you're doing ipi, one time its 160mg a week, now it's 160mg twice a week, and then this business about Defy here and in other threads, things you say and do, don't sound at all like anything Defy would do. It's hard to help you when you present with issues over and over and then the information is suspect.

CoastWatcher

If you are taking 320mg of testosterone weekly, in divided doses, it could, certainly,result in elevated blood pressure. If your protocol is 160g weekly, in divided doses, you could still - possibly - attribute the rise in pressure to the androgen. The key word is "possibly." It is a mistake to diagnose hypertension on the basis of one (slightly) elevated reading. Home monitoring over a period of a few days will give you a better sense of what you are dealing with. As to the point Vince raised, it is a challenge to offer support and advice when the information you are providing seems contradictory. Please let us know what your protocol is: how much testosterone you administer and how often, along with any ancillary medications such as an AI or Hcg. How long have you been following this protocol, and did it change?

ERO

Also, anxiety raises one's blood pressure so if you are anxious about your treatment that alone could cause your slightly high BP reading. Or if you had walked up a set of stairs to the Dr's office, that could have caused it as well. It is a mistake to just assume its is because your are on TRT with only one slightly elevated reading.

ipi

All, nothing has changed. It is 80 mg twice a week (Thursday and Monday) and 350iu (Wednesday and Sunday) twice a week. I split the 160 dose into two. My systolic has climbed about 20 points and dia about 12-15. I am constantly checking my BP and in a sitting position its 135/91 (the best so far). I have a burning sensation in my face and the body.
I check it at home and at a local pharmacy ....... I read somewhere that elevated BP is a known side effect. I also got my followup bloodwork from Defy that I did today. Just to be on safe side I started baby aspirin just in case if my blood has become thick. Anyone in my kinda situation?

CoastWatcher

All, nothing has changed. It is 80 mg twice a week (Thursday and Monday) and 350iu (Wednesday and Sunday) twice a week. I split the 160 dose into two. My systolic has climbed about 20 points and dia about 12-15. I am constantly checking my BP and in a sitting position its 135/91 (the best so far). I have a burning sensation in my face and the body.
I check it at home and at a local pharmacy ....... I read somewhere that elevated BP is a known side effect. I also got my followup bloodwork from Defy that I did today. Just to be on safe side I started baby aspirin just in case if my blood has become thick. Anyone in my kinda situation?

Had you regularly monitored your blood pressure prior to commencing TRT? Could this rise be have taken place prior to the start of your therapy?

ERO

Your high BP *may* be caused by water retention as well, as that can be a side effect for some guys on TRT. That is usually temporary though for just the first few weeks or months until your body adjusts.

ERO

Water retention can often be helped with things like dandelion tea and some other herbal remedies. Of course, that presumes that you do have water retention - Do you notice your face looking more full and/or some ankle swelling? Or, a fairly sudden weight gain of 10-15 lbs? If you do have water retention I would try the herbal remedies first (Google natural water retention treatments) before going on any prescription diuretics. Also, as I mentioned, this is often a temporary issue when you are still new to TRT. I had some water retention start around my 3rd month on and then go away around the 5th month. Have not had it since and I am 5 years in now.

Also, simple carbs seem to make a person hold water, so avoid those as much as possible.

ipi

ERO, Weight is an issue after being in the 5th week of the therapy I thought I ll gain some muscle that will help my pain by strengthening my muscles and bones and help lose weight. But not happening. I have a family history of BP and used to get spikes before but not permanent and I hope I don't end up being on a few more pills after starting TRT. Simple carbs also includes fruits so I will try to quit. I used to eat an apple in the morning.

BTW My BP is comparatively down at night, is there a reason for that?

Just a question, since I am on HCG and TRT, when is the safest time if I quit and my body goes back to whatever it was producing before?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me