Which of these bloods tests are a waste pre-TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Katomack

Which of the following bloods tests are a waste for a pre-TRT test?

Total testosterone
Bioavailable testosterone
Free testosterone
SHBG
DHT
E2
LH
FSH
Prolactin
Cortisol

CBC
-HB
-PCV
-RCC
-WBC
-WBC & diff
-MCH
-MCHC
-MCV
-RDW
-Platelet count

Thyroid Panel
-TSH
-Total T3
-Free T3
-Total T4
-Free T4

CMP
General
-Glucose
-Calcium
Liver
-ALP
-ALT (SGBT)
-AST (SGOT)
-Total bilirubin
-Direct bilirubin
-Indirect bilirubin
Kidney
-Urea Nitrogen (BUN)
-Creatinine
Electrolytes
-Potassium
-Sodium
-CO2, bicarbonate
-Chloride
Proteins
-Albumin
-Total protein

Lipid panel
-Cholesterol
-Total cholesterol
-HDL
-LDL
-VLDL

I know the more the merrier but considering I'm paying for this out of my own pocket...it adds up to a pretty penny.

I did a free testosterone test recently and results came back very low...cant remember where i put the print out but it was below the lab ranges, and we all know how low that already is. I wasnt surprised though as ive got about %90 of low T symptoms so I'm now considering TRT.

I've been doing a lot of research and read up on the subject quite extensively here and elsewhere. My main concern right now is the above. Insurance won't be covering my quest so if some things are not necessary, id rather spend the money elsewhere, like on the testosterone.

So basically, just looking for your expertise on which of the above tests are not required for a pre-TRT blood work. Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MG123

If you are really in a bind and are having a hard time affording the labs, you could cut out the below labs IMO:
DHT
Prolactin
Cortisol
The whole thyroid panel except for TSH

If you are really in a bind and are having a hard time affording the labs, you could cut out the below labs IMO:
DHT
Prolactin
Cortisol
The whole thyroid panel except for TSH

Paying for them myself I'd cut out the CBC, CMP, and Lipids. You'll spend a hundred or more far too easily with just the essentials.

CoastWatcher

So anyone knows which ones aren't effected by testosterone

I am not sure I understand your question. Do you simply want a picture of your androgen status? If that's the case, you can get by with total testosterone, free testosterone, Lh, FSH, FSH, estradiol (sensitive assay). However, before the commencement of TRT, a good doctor will run panel. Understanding your thyroid health is critical. A psa is mandatory as it will serve as a baseline going forward. A CBC is necessary. But, for your own insight, the short-list will be of value.

Katomack

I am not sure I understand your question. Do you simply want a picture of your androgen status? If that's the case, you can get by with total testosterone, free testosterone, Lh, FSH, FSH, estradiol (sensitive assay). However, before the commencement of TRT, a good doctor will run panel. Understanding your thyroid health is critical. A psa is mandatory as it will serve as a baseline going forward. A CBC is necessary. But, for your own insight, the short-list will be of value.

Let me elaborate....hypothetically... If i do the above tests and i get the values and then I start TRT...weather I do it right or wrong....later when i do the exact same above test to see what has chaned...which of the above will not be effected by the TRT?

CoastWatcher

Let me elaborate....hypothetically... If i do the above tests and i get the values and then I start TRT...weather I do it right or wrong....later when i do the exact same above test to see what has chaned...which of the above will not be effected by the TRT?

TRT can, and frequently does, impact all of the values in virtually every one of the tests. You thyroid, once established may not, but the others have to be watched. Are you considering a self-directed course of TRT?

Katomack

TRT can, and frequently does, impact all of the values in virtually every one of the tests. You thyroid, once established may not, but the others have to be watched. Are you considering a self-directed course of TRT?

Yes I am

So literally all the 46 tests above can be effected??

How does TRT effect total protien or calcium??

Yes I am

So literally all the 46 tests above can be effected??

How does TRT effect total protien or calcium??

So you're buying test on the black market, is that right? And you think you're going to TRT yourself and pick and choose what tests you need for your overall health?

Katomack

So you're buying test on the black market, is that right? And you think you're going to TRT yourself and pick and choose what tests you need for your overall health?

No and no...sir.

I'm buying pharma grade test...from the pharmacy.
And yes I can do that cz like I said, I'm not in the US.

I'm not trying to pick and choose...I'm trying to learn.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me