T. Chol/HDL Ratio 2.0

Testosterone,Free and Total
Testosterone, Serum 395
Free Testosterone(Direct) 13.0

DHEA-Sulfate 281.5
TSH

Prostate-Specific Ag, Serum
Prostate Specific Ag, Serum 0.8

My lipid panel is pretty good (and thankfully has been historically) and T has gone up a bit since earlier in September (measured 337 on 9/15), and this test uses the more sensitive assay.

Can anyone help me understand the role of DHEA and TSH here and where these levels are? Anything else of note that you all notice and which might merit conversation while in consultation?

Thanks all

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BBaller

Thanks Nelson- scanned through those threads.

Very interesting: I wish there were a way to more easily understand and interpret those levels. They both appear to be right in the middle of reference ranges which is good I guess, but even those ranges are not widely agreed upon.

Just goes to underscore that endocrinology is a complex field and can't be reduced to interpreting single numbers as "good" or "bad."

I would ask Defy for a more comprehensive Thryroid panel...TSH/Free T3/Free T4/Reverse T3/Antibodies. Dr Saya by my experience would have no prob raising your DHEA levels and has a great cream that I like though it's rather pricey.

BBaller

Hi Vince Carter- is there a reason you think raising DHEA and/or TSH levels would be important?

Last edited:
I didn't say raising TSH, you need to find out why it's elevated the way it is and those tests should give some insight. You're TSH is higher than it should be...over 2.0(ish) is cause for more tests. There is far more to Thyroid function than TSH.
DHEA is a prime Androgen in the body, you're low and you need (could use) more.

BBaller

Can you help me understand the ranges Vince?

The DHEA reference range is: 138.5 - 475.2
TSH reference range is: 0.450- 4.500

What numbers do you think are ideal/ what should I be aiming for? This is all foreign to me. Based only on the reference ranges, I appear to be in the normal range for each.

What are you seeing that tells you TSH is elevated and that DHEA is low?

ranges on lab tests are how Dr's mess ya up...those are samples of the population being tested, anything in that range can't be considered "normal". They tell you that but it's not true not for your health, anyway. If you paid attention to lab ranges and considered those the norm, would you have taken your Testosterone reading and said "hey it's in range"? 395 is "in range" but FAR from ideal or even just healthy.

TSH is about being "low"...when it's up to 2 and higher, it means your short some (or your body thinks it is) thyroid hormone and the pituitary is pinging your thyroid saying "make more!", so there's indication of a problem there that needs investigated. Hence the added tests for more than just TSH.

DHEA though is the opposite in ranges, it's something you (may) want in the very upper percentile of range.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me