Treating low Cortisol

Buy Lab Tests Online
My newest labs waiting to consult on this with Defy:

0800 0.04 0.04-0.56
1200P .10 0.04-0.56
1700 <0.03 < or = 0.15
1200A <0.03 < or = 0.09

I wake daily without an alarm clock @ appx 0430, then start yawning throughout the day. One of my weekend "things" is enjoying a nap mid-morning or noon. I'm rather low energy especially in the eve after work, I eat and then I'm tired enough to not want to do much of anything, typically in bed 8-9pm. I sleep pretty well for 7-8 hours. I wake easily but its' all downhill after that.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

I am curious to learn what Defy says about this as I am pretty low energy as well even with a solid diet, exercise and sleep routine.

I think I answered those in post 1, two years ago I moderated my caffeine intake downward and am careful with it after 1700 which is only a small amount; 8oz diet soda. I get a lot with my gym pre-workout but that is @ 1100.
Looking at Addisons I don't identify with any of those symptoms.

CoastWatcher

I think I answered those in post 1, two years ago I moderated my caffeine intake downward and am careful with it after 1700 which is only a small amount; 8oz diet soda. I get a lot with my gym pre-workout but that is @ 1100.

I have Addison's and you're right, you would more than likely know. Good luck and keep us posted as the next weeks unfold.

Charliebizz

hey Vince new member here with low cortisol. Any update on how did or is low dose cortisol working for you ?

I'm not....I just accepted my body wanting to wake a 0430, and go to sleep around 8pm, but that doesn't deal with the low(ish) energy levels or yawning. I chose not to take another medication and just deal with it.

Charliebizz

I hear that. I'm currently on no medication just rolling with the punches. I also got rid of a lot of my bad symptoms by just living life and trying to relax. I'm just worried about the future walking around with such low t levels. And with the low cortisol I have intermittent fatigue and a lot of body pain. However I've tried every avenue of trt/hrt in the past and nothing seemed to help me much and trt actually lowered my cortisol confirmed by saliva tests and blood.

smcgann

So I am going trough this as well. I found out that my sever fatigue was related to low cortisol a couple years ago. To recover I used low dose Pregnalone and DHEA. Also found out I had MTHFR, so after a year and a half of treating those and addressing sleep and stress issues I felt well. Except I felt my age (41) when I hadn't felt that way before. My T, and DHEA were in the low quartile explaining why I felt the way I did. So now I'm experimenting with HRT. My concern is that TRT will lower Pregnalone which is a precursor to cortisol so I am taking pregnalone some but that makse me worry about estrogen. Mostly I feel great now but I am still just getting started on this so I have to work through all the bugs. This is also though why I want to experiment with HCG because that "back fills" the hormonal pathway so that your body doesn't shut off pregnalone production.

Im using a TD Preg and DHEA each morning, and 500iu HCG 2x Week. I eliminated Hydro Oils (veg cooking oil) and replaced it with EV Olive Oil. I also further reduced my caffeine intake and add salt to my drinking water after having read that somewhere, adrenal fatigue shouldn't be on a low salt diet. I don't know...nothing had "fixed" my fatigue issue by any means and that's after two years of TRT and having my Estrogen managed without an AI.

smcgann

Im using a TD Preg and DHEA each morning, and 500iu HCG 2x Week. I eliminated Hydro Oils (veg cooking oil) and replaced it with EV Olive Oil. I also further reduced my caffeine intake and add salt to my drinking water after having read that somewhere, adrenal fatigue shouldn't be on a low salt diet. I don't know...nothing had "fixed" my fatigue issue by any means and that's after two years of TRT and having my Estrogen managed without an AI.

For me I only got let say 80% better doing those things. Once I resolved my folate and B12 deficiency caused by being MTHFR that I got to the point were I felt like I had kicked it. But from what I have read it takes at least two years of doing "all the right things" to fully recover. This is refering to the condition some call non-Addisons adrenal insufficiency. The guy that I found that diagnosed it calls it "Stage II Adrenal Fatigue" My regular family doc ran all sorts of labs and told me he didn't see anything and he didn't know what else to tell me.

Also a cool "hack" involving salt if you don't have high blood pressure, its to take a half a teaspoon before you get out of bed in the morning. It raises your blood pressure just enough to take the load off of your adrenals. Can't use regular table salt though. I put the pink Himalayan salt in capsules and keep them by the bed. Works amazingly well for this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charliebizz

For me I only got let say 80% better doing those things. Once I resolved my folate and B12 deficiency caused by being MTHFR that I got to the point were I felt like I had kicked it. But from what I have read it takes at least two years of doing "all the right things" to fully recover. This is refering to the condition some call non-Addisons adrenal insufficiency. The guy that I found that diagnosed it calls it "Stage II Adrenal Fatigue" My regular family doc ran all sorts of labs and told me he didn't see anything and he didn't know what else to tell me.

Also a cool "hack" involving salt if you don't have high blood pressure, its to take a half a teaspoon before you get out of bed in the morning. It raises your blood pressure just enough to take the load off of your adrenals. Can't use regular table salt though. I put the pink Himalayan salt in capsules and keep them by the bed. Works amazingly well for this issue.
I've come to terms with the fact I won't be able to sustain those lifestyle changes. The minute I feel good I revert back to my old self with exercise and sports. Also I have a stressful career and also Involves early wake up,long hours and lately long stressed out commute.

my problems started In 2008 from over traning under eating. id say I'm at around 80% back to normal. Some lingering symptoms are low libido,poor erection quality, intermitent fatigue and a lot of body pain and inflammation at times. My worst point of my health journey was while on trt. Thinking back then though even though I was working with one of the most highly regarded trt doc on the forums we maybe didn't approach it correctly. I never did trt with hcg from the start I only added it in months later. So maybe the testicular atropy really hurt me and lowered cortisol further. Or just the overall boost of t could have lowered it. Also mostly was on once a week shots. And I usually felt worse for a few days after shot so maybe the big spike was hurting me. thinking about trying hcg mono or hcg t-gel combo now. Like I said I'm afraid of the years of low t catching up to me in future.

smcgann

The guy that I worked with, Christopher Kelly @ nourishbalancethrive.com. He is a professional mountain bike racer and suffered from the same issue. They have started specializing in athletes, and says he is seeing this low cortosol issue all the time with them. He is a functional diagnostic nutritionist and has a couple sharp MDs that he works with. The labs he had me run diagnosed me dead on and I wouldn't be doing as well as I am today if I hadn't stumbled across a podcast he was on talking about his personal story that sounded a lot like ours. Anyway, if you go to the website you can schedule a free consult where he will listen to your complaints and recommend labs. When the results come back he will prob give diet, supplement, and lifestyle advice based on the results. Back when I did it cost me around $800 for the labs I think.

So I am going trough this as well. I found out that my sever fatigue was related to low cortisol a couple years ago. To recover I used low dose Pregnalone and DHEA. Also found out I had MTHFR, so after a year and a half of treating those and addressing sleep and stress issues I felt well. Except I felt my age (41) when I hadn't felt that way before. My T, and DHEA were in the low quartile explaining why I felt the way I did. So now I'm experimenting with HRT. My concern is that TRT will lower Pregnalone which is a precursor to cortisol so I am taking pregnalone some but that makse me worry about estrogen. Mostly I feel great now but I am still just getting started on this so I have to work through all the bugs. This is also though why I want to experiment with HCG because that "back fills" the hormonal pathway so that your body doesn't shut off pregnalone production.

And that is one reason I recommend HCG be used when men say something about shrinkage, or fertility, there's more going on in the testes that deserves to be preserved and induced organ dormancy (or failure) isn't advisable on any count.

Charliebizz

Absolutely. I also noticed when I was on low dose clomid it did not seem to hurt my cortisol. Problem with clomid was it raised my shbg very high and my free t was still low despite good total numbers.ill keep you guys updated if I decide to try trt again. I never had much luck with hc but I never tried less then 15 mg per day. So I was hoping to get feedback. Low cortisol is so tricky.

I think I only had 5mg prescribed and after I think 5 days I just had no interest in it, no interest in taking more, and just abandoned it.

Charliebizz

Oh so you did try it though. I'm assuming you didn't feel any boost from taking it. I also had the same experience. But I used 15-35 mg a day split up.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me