High blood pressure from TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Brian963

I tried searching the archives but I'm very frustrated and discouraged at this time. I've been on TRT for 1 year now, 250mg T-cyp, injecting .50ml 2x a week. I also take anastrozole to keep the estrogen in check. I work out hard, using cardio & free weights, 3-4x a week yet my blood pressure has increased to the point my doctor wants me to start taking Lisinopril 5mg, 1x a day. Before I began TRT, my blood pressure was normal. It's has risen to a consistent 140/90. If this typical with TRT? Maybe I'm overreacting but I really don't want to add another pill to my medicinal war chest. Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ahmed

Hi Brian963. I´ve been on TRT for ~2 months. In the beginning of treatment my BP peaked: after one week, they were 185 / 90. It has come to "normal" levels now.

Your BP values would be considered rather normal here in Finland. I was just Yesterday talking about this issue with a physician. What is considered normal in US? I have currently 135/85 which is considered excellent here. What were your figures prior to the treatment?

Anyways, do you have any high BP-symptoms (dizziness, nausea, headache etc.)? I can understand the increase if your HCR or HB values are high. Additionally, testo boosts metabolism, which in my opinion could also result higher BP.

Personally, I would not start a medication. Well, here in Finland the doctors wouldn´t recommend it either.

All the best.

Brian963

My hemaocrit is 49.8.
I don't have any other symptoms related to hypertension. I used to be in the 120/80 range before beginning TRT. And with that new study suggesting the lower the better, my doctor wants it to 110/70. I can't pinpoint any other reason for an increase in pressure other than TRT? I thought it would drop because my cholesterol improved, I've lost body fat, and exercise like I never have in my life, consistently for a year now. I appreciate everyone's thoughts & feedback, this is how we learn.

Jay

Brian,

I am in the same boat. My BP jumped to 140/90 when starting TRT 8 months ago and was still that high till last month started taking Carditone and it dropped it right away to 120/70. Not sure how safe it is but it does work wonders and no prescription

Alive

Since I started TRT I've been having problems with shortness of breath. At first I thought it was because of water retention due to high E2 but now that I got a monitor I see my systolic BP is often in the 130-140 and such an elevated pressure seems to correlate well with shortness of breath. This may also be why I have ED. May also explain why sometimes after having black tea or coffee I feel bad.

From here: TRT can increase water retention, sodium uptake and hematocrit is some men, factors that can increase blood pressure.

My hematocrit was 40.3 last time. Most of the supplements I take are supposed to reduce or improve BP such as garlic, citrullin, Ubiquinol, krill oil, etc. But there may be others which increase it. I'm suspecting taurine and MSM may be to blame.

On another forum someone mentioned his BP went back to normal after he switched to Prop, which is what I just started.

Now that I'm writing this my breath is short and I feel pressure in my head with a BP of 139/73.

Once again I see how useless most doctors are as I've had to self-diagnose for most problems such as low T, low cortisol, deficiency in vitamin D and iodine and CoQ 10 and now elevated BP.

blackebob

Salt has a major impact on my blood pressure. I take Benicar, and lots of NO supplements, including 5mg Ceebis.
This summer I was battling high BP. I really cut back on salt, but no change. My BP had been running 155/90 at work and other places. I switched doctors, and the new nurse wrapped that cuff tight on me, and informed me it was the most accurate machine they had ever had. I questioned her, that she is supposed to be able to get a finger in it, she said no. First check 116/70. I had just checked it with a machine at work and it was 160/95, so I asked her to repeat it. The other arm also, 116/70. I went back to work and wrapped the cuff tightly, 125/76.
I am still fighting the water retention, but at least I can keep the BP down. When I started checking labels for sodium, I was shocked at how much I had been consuming on what I considered healthy options.Check your salt.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me