NDT and low FT4 but adding T4 increase RT3

Buy Lab Tests Online
I have been experimenting with NDT for a couple years and slowly increasing.. i never get good Ft4 levels though, they are always very low- the FT3 seem to be ok..some dr's feel this is good, i dont really know what to believe-

according to some places that means i am "pooling" alhtough when i add a small amount of T4 w/ the NDT my Ft4 levels go up.. so that would mean i am not "pooling" is there such a thing?

i really struggle with fatigue- despite having decent FT3 levels. and i am getting really tired of this, and i have a lyme dr that says one thing then something different on the next visit-

i am confused and i am tired of being tired. i am trying to decide if i should increase the NDT or just add some T4 and see how things go? I still felt exhausted both ways.. althoug it seems i was more active with the increased t4..according to my step count on vivofit for the month of july and aug. any ideas? thanks!

last labs on NDT in may were as follows
MAY 2015 3 grains naturethroid

FT4 0.89(.82-1.77)
FT3 3.8 (2.0-4.4)
RT3 10 (9.2-24.1)
TOTAL 153(71-180)
TSH <0.0006

THEN I TRIED ADDING SOME T4 JULY 2015 3grains ndt + 50t4
FT4 1.2(.8-01.8)
FT3 3.8(2.3-4.2)
RT3 19(8-25)
TOTAL T3 155(76-181)
TSH 0.01L
what i am thinking since my FT3 didn't go up when i added the T4, but the reverse did go up - i guess i wasn't converting??? but with the NDT only, i dont seem to be getting much T4.

this seems strange to me? any suggestion? thank you!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Wolverine

I have the same issue. I was taking two grains of NDT and my labs were FT3 at 3 and FT4 about where yours is. I just adjusted to 1 grain of NDT and 100mcg of Synthroid. Will get labs done in a month. I read approx 25% of the T4 converts to T3. One thing to think about. If you have high estrogen that can lower your free thyroid numbers. Estrogen increases TBG which will lower free thyroid numbers. I beleive that may be the issue I have. Watch you E.

Last edited:
how are you feeling wolverine with those leves? and how feeling since the change? tomorrow i am meeting with a new endo, we'll see how it goes.
thanks for your reply

I have the same issue. I was taking two grains of NDT and my labs were FT3 at 3 and FT4 about where yours is. I just adjusted to 1 grain of NDT and 100mcg of Synthroid. Will get labs done in a month. I read approx 25% of the T4 converts to T3. One thing to think about. If you have high estrogen that can lower your free thyroid numbers. Estrogen increases TBG which will lower free thyroid numbers. I beleive that may be the issue I have. Watch you E.

Wolverine

how are you feeling wolverine with those leves? and how feeling since the change? tomorrow i am meeting with a new endo, we'll see how it goes.
thanks for your reply

Sorry I just saw this. The T4 made me sweat lots. The body temp felt good but when I was dripping with sweat in bed that was too much. Ive adjusted again, 3 grains of NDT and 50mcg of T4. I also take iodine at 6.25mg. I need to stop adjusting a take a steady dose and then do labs. I am also trying to increase my iron levels to prevent pooling. Major negative feeling is weakness in my legs. Im trying to alleviate that.

Vince

Super Moderator
Chuck FT3 3.8 (2.0-4.4) I believe that's what you're trying to achieve, good free T3. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will post.

changed endos and changed meds

Chuck FT3 3.8 (2.0-4.4) I believe that's what you're trying to achieve, good free T3. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will post.

she changed me from 3 grains to 2.5 grains plus 12.5 Mcg T4
labs from change are
FT4 1.1
total T3

[TD="class: xl65, width: 64"]130(76-181)
tsh . 01

[/TD]

[TD="class: xl63, width: 64"][/TD]

still fell like crap-..worse than before.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me