balancing low ferritin levels and frequent donation.

Buy Lab Tests Online

GreenMachineX

What supplement did you remove? I take all sorts of supps. I'm on Losartan 25mg daily for 6 weeks now and I suspect taking over 100mg iron daily increased my BP and HCT which necessitated Losartan. I have to figure out what caused my ferritin to tank.

I take a ton of stuff too, but a product containing ursolic acid was giving me palpitations and stuff. It was strange.

Do you take IP6? It's an iron chelator or whatever it's called.

What all do you take?

The only problem with my new protocol is I can tell I reduced my test cyp dosage, or I've taken my E2 too far down on this new dosage. I guess with 120mg test cyp per week, just .25mg once per week anastrozole should suffice...

Also, just read a study on Maca that it reduced elevated hemoglobin, so I'm going to try that too.

"Acceptability, Safety, and Efficacy of Oral Administration of Extracts of Black or Red Maca (Lepidium meyenii) in Adult Human Subjects: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study.
Gonzales-Arimborgo C, et al. Pharmaceuticals (Basel). 2016.
Show full citation
Abstract
The plant maca, grown at 4000 m altitude in the Peruvian Central Andes, contains hypocotyls that have been used as food and in traditional medicine for centuries. The aim of this research was to provide results on some health effects of oral administration of spray-dried extracts of black or red maca (Lepidium meyenii) in adult human subjects living at low (LA) and high altitude (HA). A total of 175 participants were given 3 g of either placebo, black, or red maca extract daily for 12 weeks. Primary outcomes were changes in sexual desire, mood, energy, health-related quality of life score (HRQL), and chronic mountain sickness (CMS) score, or in glycaemia, blood pressure, and hemoglobin levels. Secondary outcomes were acceptability and safety, assessed using the Likert test and side effect self-recording, respectively, and the effect of altitude. At low altitude, 32, 30, and 32 participants started the study receiving placebo, red maca, or black maca, respectively. At high altitudes, 33, 35, and 31 participants started the study receiving placebo, red maca, and black maca, respectively. Consumption of spray-dried extracts of red and black maca resulted in improvement in mood, energy, and health status, and reduced CMS score. Fatty acids and macamides were higher in spray-dried extracts of black maca than in red maca. GABA predominated in spray-dried extracts of red maca. Effects on mood, energy, and CMS score were better with red maca. Black maca and, in smaller proportions, red maca reduced hemoglobin levels only in highlanders with abnormally high hemoglobin levels; neither variety of maca reduced hemoglobin levels in lowlanders. Black maca reduced blood glucose levels. Both varieties produced similar responses in mood, and HRQL score. Maca extracts consumed at LA or HA had good acceptability and did not show serious adverse effects. In conclusion, maca extract consumption relative to the placebo improved quality of life parameters. Differences in the level of improvement between red and black maca are probably due to differences in the composition of these two plant varieties. Both maca extracts were well tolerated and safe."

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ratbag

I just googled "what inhibits iron absorption" and found that other minerals like calcium, zinc, copper, magnesium, carotene, selenium inhibit iron absorption. So does low vitamin C. I take lots of vit c but I've been taking all of those minerals except calcium for years. hmmm... will stop those and see.

I take quite a few supps:
magnesium, zinc/copper, vitc, B100, iodoral,vit D3,carotene, selenium, B12, LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) iron caps.

Now for the good stuff:
DHEA, HCG, Testosterone, Progesterone, Hydrocortisone, Florinef, Synthyroid, Cytomel, Losartan, Anastrozle, Metformin.

Last edited:

GreenMachineX

From what I've picked up, none of that should be a problem as long as it's separated by 2 hours before or after. I also took my iron on an empty stomach with food.

What are you diagnosed with, if you don't mind me asking? I'm guessing there's something that caused all those hormones to drop and also accounts for LDN?

rhino5169

Hey, concerned wife here. I wanted to update here, in case it might help someone. We have confirmed that my husband's body is still capable of producing testosterone on it's own, despite the medicine he has to take (which has been implicated as a possible cause). I had tried to tell a couple of doctors that he had very low testosterone BEFORE he ever had to take medicine. We suspected his low testosterone could be related to his very low cortisol - adrenals being exhausted and then those affect other hormones (thyroid), etc. etc.

A few months ago, we started an experiment. We had been very hesitant to use the "big dose" of iodine recommended by Dr. Brownstein and others, because of all the warnings I'd read. However, after talking with a local functional medicine nurse practitioner, we decided to try a short trial and see if he would be any worse for the wear. I had been reading thyroid stuff from all the top practitioners for months and we had struggled with whose advice to take, as there are so many differing opinions.

Anyway, long story short, after doing it for a few weeks last Fall, he had his blood tested. His testosterone number was unbelievably high, by comparison of how it has been for literally YEARS. It was so high, we couldn't believe it. He had also lost almost 10 pounds without even trying. I asked the doctor if thyroid and testosterone could be related (I knew they could, but wanted to see if he did). The doctor told me those were separate issues. I don't hold that against him, because he's a family medicine doc and probably not able to keep up with all the latest hormone research.

We pinned down exactly what changes we had made in the weeks prior to see if we could duplicate these results. We stopped the changes and then he had labs done again 3 months later. The testosterone number that time was the LOWEST it had been in years (less than 200 total T). The nurse talked to the doctor and both were perplexed about how these numbers could be so radically different in only 3 months, from the same lab. We asked if there could be a mistake (either time) by the lab, but they said the numbers come directly out of the machine, that a person does not actually write them down, so the chance of a mistake are slim.

After seeing THOSE numbers (the low ones), we decided to be vigilant about getting the particular supplements in him, that he was taking before (when T levels went up so significantly) so we could have an adequate test. We resumed those again and made sure he got them almost every day (except Sunday, which is his day off). Last week, he had all those labs run again. Guess what?!?! The testosterone was way back UP. We now know definitely that even though his thyroid numbers were coming back "okay", his thyroid (and adrenals and other stuff, I'm sure) DO need extra support, desperately.

His numbers are all not perfect, but all are better and his testosterone went from over 1,000 total T on the supplements to less than 200 total T off the supplements, back up to around 750 total T after 3 months back ON them.

If these numbers are hard to believe, they were hard for us to believe too, but it's reality!

DISCLAIMER: Please do not misconstrue anything I shared as medical advice. I simply wanted to share what has made a difference for my husband. Consult your own holistic doctor or other health practitioner for your personal situation.

Concerned wife,

Can you give us an update?
Also, you posted how you changed protocols in the expiriment but can you tell us what the good protocol was?
Was it supplementing iron, iodine, something else?
Thanks

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching