Here we go, rolling the clomiphene/clomid dice. Advice?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Hanzt

Ok, so I've come to the conclusion no one really knows what the hell to do with me and hormones are all guess work to a degree anyway, so I decided to start 12.5 mg Clomiphene on MWF to see what happens (my doctor wants me to start with 25mg but I saw that Dr Shippen uses less now). I have some DIM ready for the possible rise in E2. What other advice do you all have? When do the bad feeling usually start if they do? Also, since I had a somewhat strong E2 rise from weekly 50mg cypionate shots, what if I did clomiphene every 3 days instead of 3 times a week? Could that reduce the rise in E2 and still feel somewhat stable in total T/rise in LH?

Thanks in advance, H

9/7/15
STARTING: Clomiphene (clomid) 12.5 mg

6/15/2015
Test total = 349
Free test = 5.5
LH = 3.2
FSH = 2.5
DHEA-S = 170
E2 = 13.7
SHBG = 28.9
Hematocrit = 47.7
TSH = 1.06

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Ok, so I've come to the conclusion no one really knows what the hell to do with me and hormones are all guess work to a degree anyway, so I decided to start 12.5 mg Clomiphene on MWF to see what happens (my doctor wants me to start with 25mg but I saw that Dr Shippen uses less now). I have some DIM ready for the possible rise in E2. What other advice do you all have? When do the bad feeling usually start if they do? Also, since I had a somewhat strong E2 rise from weekly 50mg cypionate shots, what if I did clomiphene every 3 days instead of 3 times a week? Could that reduce the rise in E2 and still feel somewhat stable in total T/rise in LH?

Thanks in advance, H

9/7/15
STARTING: Clomiphene (clomid) 12.5 mg

6/15/2015
Test total = 349
Free test = 5.5
LH = 3.2
FSH = 2.5
DHEA-S = 170
E2 = 13.7
SHBG = 28.9
Hematocrit = 47.7
TSH = 1.06

Welcome to Excelmale. From your post, I take it, testosterone replacement failed to deliver? Have you tried Clomid in the past, or is this your first effort?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Hello Hanzt

Welcome to our site!

What are your symptoms ?

Could you give us more details ?

You are not severely hypogonadal. Your E2 is lower than normal. What were you taking when you had your blood tests?

Hanzt

Hello Hanzt

Welcome to our site!

What are your symptoms ?

Could you give us more details ?

You are not severely hypogonadal. Your E2 is lower than normal. What were you taking when you had your blood tests?

Hi guys, my labs posted are after I have been off my other T treatments for over 9 months. I tried Andorgel for 3 weeks and also 50mg of cypionate 1 times a week, and somehow reacted badly to both. I actually went into some type of shock where I ended up with rapid heart rate/anxiety and also a fungal infection of my esophagus which my doc things was because my system was weakened. The anxiety also lead to sleep problems. Now I am somewhat back to how I was before the testosterone (tired and not motivated), possibly more tired since I take Lexapro (which seems to cause me to gain weight) due to the anxiety from my crazy experience and maybe my T situation.

I have never tried clomiphene or HCG. Today is day one of the clomiphene 12.5mg MWF.

My doctor has told me my low T is due to a "pituitary disorder" but they have no info beyond that. I have had a brain scan and no tumor, I've had Cat scan with color, heart stress test/monitor, and more, but those all came back ok, which is fine with me but doesn't give me anything to go on.

Other medical info is I have sleep apnea but I have a cpap and that is under control. I weigh 190 lbs and am 5'10" so I have a few extra pounds on me.

My symptions are that I am very tired, weak muscles/no endurance, not much sex drive, and turning into a couch potato. I force myself (since I'm always tired) to work out for 30 minutes of cardio 5 times a week, and I eat a fairly low cab/low fat diet with lots of fish and pea protein as the main protein, along with some egg whites, and many raw vegi's and fruits.

I would like to work out again with weights and have the energy and sex drive I did just a few years ago before my decline happened.

Thanks
H

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
How do you sleep? Any potential sleep apnea?

Your total testosterone is in that grey area in which many doctors would tell you that you are Ok.

It would be interesting to see how your blood test values are and how you feel after 6 weeks on your regimen with low dose clomiphene.

Your TSH is low (good thing) but you want want to get your free T3 and free T4 checked in case.

Hanzt

Hi, for some reason I didn't post that I do have sleep apnea but I am on a CPAP. That is pretty much under control. I am sleeping but wake up usually twice a night. How does that effect things?

My last free T3 = 2.8 and free T4 = 1.34

Thanks,
H

CoastWatcher

Do you think it wise to revise your doctor's prescribed dose? You are doing that out of fear of elevated E2? Did you have any success, blood level symptom management, with testosterone prior to your hospitalization?

Hanzt

I have not had success prior to this. Based on the fact that my doctor prescribed what seemed like too strong a dose the last 2 times, and one of the leading T docs is using 12.5 mg, I don't see a down side to starting low and possibly average up. If I am missing something please tell me. That's why I am here.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me