Vitamin K2

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ardoc

Does anyone know if taking Vitamin K2 is contraindicated in men receiving TRT? I read that warning on a bottle of K2 once but have never seen it again (even on the same brand) and searching online has provided no answers. Since it seems K2 is important in conjunction with D3, especially for bone strength, it is a supplement I am interested in taking.

I realize if you have polycythemia that a clotting factor like vitamin K may not be good, but I do regular bloodwork and donate blood to keep my hematocrit below 50%.

Thanks in advance!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

K2 with TRT is fine unless you are on prescription blood thinner(s). So many people are on Warfarin and other blood thinners these days that they have to put a warning on the bottles.

Ardoc

Thanks ERO! The warning essentially said 'men should not take this while on Testosterone Therapy'? I have seen the warning about blood thinners as well and that seems to be on all K2 supplements that I've seen. The warning on that one brand though made me throw out the product and I wish I still had the container at least. It was only troublesome because it was so specific to my situation. Do you know of any resources that elaborate on this?

ERO

I would bet that is because of the recent (and recently debunked) scare about TRT causing heart attacks. See Nelson's post here

I am a study with a population size of 1, but I have used K2 for years while on TRT and I have no issues, nor any red-flags on my blood work because of it. I am also not on any prescription blood thinners or high BP meds, though.

Ardoc

Thanks again! I also take none of those drugs and I do realize many "studies" regarding TRT do not consider whether sides are managed or not. If they are not managed maybe it would be a concern? However thanks to resources like this I closely monitor all blood work. I appreciate your feedback.

Gianluca

Vit K does increse the clotting agent in the blood, would taking K with H&H on the high side or above be really safe?

K2 with TRT is fine unless you are on prescription blood thinner(s). So many people are on Warfarin and other blood thinners these days that they have to put a warning on the bottles.

Vince

Super Moderator
I supplement with a vitamin K complex, for years. I've never had any problems but I'm not on any blood thinners.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me