Fasting Blood work verses Non Fasting Blood work

Buy Lab Tests Online

Smokin Joe

I had my first visit with my Urologist today after nine months of no Testosterone.
I had made this appointment to approach him about restarting T after my Endo dropped me.
Anyway to my surprise he said sure "Lets do blood work". It was 8:30 am and I had eaten breakfast and had coffee.
This afternoon he called with my results and my total T was 316. Worst ever. In June 2015 it was 475 which is still a tweak low for me as I normally run 500/525.
My question is does it make that much of a difference to fast or not when measuring testosterone.
This concerns me that there was that much of a difference in my test in just two months.
PSA holding at 2.0. I have opted to go for biopsy prior to restarting just to be safe, providing the doc agrees.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Smokin Joe

104-. Thanks Nelson.
This makes total sense. I'll recheck it myself next week in a fasting condition.
The doc feels that I will not benefit any from TRT but I beg to differ having expericnced the goodness already.

Vince

Super Moderator
You really learn a lot on this site, I never thought eating or having food in your stomach would affect testosterone levels.

HarryCat

I read this, but I get the feeling that Dr Scally is referring to naturally produced Testosterone, not a person on TRT. It does not say so in so many words, but its referring to circadian rhythms, how food influences T production, etc...Can anybody confirm?

Since they were also monitoring LH I would assume that these were guys not on TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator
I read this, but I get the feeling that Dr Scally is referring to naturally produced Testosterone, not a person on TRT. It does not say so in so many words, but its referring to circadian rhythms, how food influences T production, etc...Can anybody confirm?

yes that's also my understanding, the natural production of testosterone

Not to belabor the point (a phrase which usually means that I'm about to belabor the point), but there are other markers you may be measuring addition to your androgens that can be affected by fasting state. Also, some of us are producing T and other hormones endogenously, perhaps in response to HCG, and those levels will be affected by fasting as well as by the daily metabolic cycle.

To avoid any questions regarding fasted/fed & time of day, I've been getting blood drawn early in the morning, fasted. All of my draws over the last two years are within the same 30 minutes period of 7:45-8:15am.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me