Excessive supplement use: A new eating disorder for men?

Buy Lab Tests Online

croaker24

Don't shoot the messenger. I just happened to come on this. I don't get the sense that the majority of guys on this Forum are trying to achieve some idealized perfect body as they are using supplements to achieve better health due to various problems; for example, I take citrulline to try and improve my vascularity and blood pressure.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/excessive-fitness-supplement-eating-disorder-for-men/

"Twenty-nine percent of the men surveyed said they were concerned about their own use of APEDs. Twenty-two percent said they have used the supplements to replace meals. And more than 40 percent said their use had increased over time.

In the most extreme cases, 8 percent said they'd been told by their doctor to cut back on supplement use and 3 percent had been hospitalized for kidney or liver problems linked to their excessive use of the supplements.

"Legal APEDs -- which purport to foster the lean/muscular, mesomorphic body type most prevalent in our socio cultural climate -- have become a primary means by which men seek to alter their bodies," the study notes.:

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale