New to the community Compounding issues with Asthma blood work included.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Liberty1979

New to the community Compounding issues with Asthma /blood work included.

Currently taking Omeprazole , Alvesco ( steroid inhaler for asthma), and zyrtec daily. * for asthma mgmt*

Any thoughts on how to treat this case? * im pretty sure the asthma drugs are causing a drug induced reduction in testosterone. but i could be wrong.

see below for blood work

http://imgur.com/mz5AQpg

EDIT:

not on TRT or anything currently.

Age: 30 Very active Male ( bodybuidling hobby) never used any type of "gear" or hormone therapy ever. Got checked bc of curiosity and wanted to set baseline. results as shown above. ( im oddly able to still build muscle and i look a lot larger than the avg. bear in terms of muscle size etc)

also not very symptomatic. i honestly had no idea i had low t. came as a surprise really.

The clinic is suggesting i start on HCG and clomid to start before i go full blown trt * i also want to stay fertile as i have not had kids yet*

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale!

Can you provide some more information? How old are you? What were the symptoms that caused you to begin treatment? What is your current TRT protocol and how long have you been following it? Any other medications or health issues other than what you mentioned? How are you feeling (general symptoms)?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Corticoid steroids in asthma inhalers are known to decrease testosterone.

A ostudy noted that men with asthma and on corticosteroids tended to have lower testosterone. The authors wrote "low blood testosterone was found mainly in the patients with severe (37.76%) and moderate (40.00%) form of the disease and very rarely in patients with mild form of bronchial asthma (8.51%). The basic testosterone level changes are probably due to the stress, hypoxia and corticosteroid treatment. The possibility of a direct suppressive action of exo- and endoallergens on the testes are discussed.."
But is this really the case? Why aren't physicians noting the connection, considering the number of patients on these sort of asthma medications, if this is really a significant issue? And some research shows no real suppression of the HPAcor testosterone with inhaled corticosteroids. One study found that, while powerful oral steroids like prednisolone decreased testosterone by 33%, the inhaled version caused no significant drop in testosterone or leutinizing hormone.

ERO

Agree with CoastWatcher above 100% - we need more information, please.

Also, I did a quick Google search and found tons of anecdotal reports of Omeprazole causing low libido or even zero libido. I have not yet found out how it may cause that, but it may be that it increases estrogen, which of course can cause low libido. Now these are all anecdotal reports, not double-blind peer reviewed trials, but the sheer volume of them makes me think that I really would want to avoid this drug if at all possible.

Can you or your doctor safely stop the Omeprazole for a few weeks and see what happens? Among the many side effects listed, gyno is listed as well, which reinforces at least the hypothesis of estrogen increasing or testosterone lowing effects.

croaker24

Are you taking Omeprezole for GERD or for LPR (airway reflux?) Being a PPI - you are not supposed to be taking it for longer than 2 weeks. PPIs are not intended to be long-term solutions. My dietitian thinks that one of the reasons my T crashed was due to my GI erroneously putting me on a PPI for ostensible GERD - when it turned out that I did not have it. I had to wean myself off of it - I strongly recommend you do not try and go cold turkey.

Liberty1979

Are you taking Omeprezole for GERD or for LPR (airway reflux?) Being a PPI - you are not supposed to be taking it for longer than 2 weeks. PPIs are not intended to be long-term solutions. My dietitian thinks that one of the reasons my T crashed was due to my GI erroneously putting me on a PPI for ostensible GERD - when it turned out that I did not have it. I had to wean myself off of it - I strongly recommend you do not try and go cold turkey.

do you think hcg+ clomid would help kick start my system? once im off the omeprazole?

or levels would rise naturally after coming off the drug?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me