odd turn of events

Buy Lab Tests Online

trc

ill start off with a bit of background info on myself and my situation.
im 26 years old and have had had all the symptoms of low t for a few years now however it has slowly become worse over that time (complete lack of libido, no energy focus or motivation, weight gain (chest and stomach), sleep issues, ED issues etc) im in the uk and have had an extremely tough time getting help from the nhs so went private but wasnt impressed with that service either (tried clomid which did absolutely nothing for me) im now getting private blood tests done myself but due to cost havent covered everything as of yet. total testosterone 12 nmol/l ref 8 - 31 (pre trt)
oestradiol 121 pmol/l ref 99 - 192 (on trt) (cant find sensitive assay in uk)
prolactin 238 miu/l ref 86 - 324
have had thyroid checked in the past by docs and apparently everything was fine (would like to re do this for peace of mind)
i went on 150mg of cypionate per week split on mon and thurs with 250iu of hcg twice a week.
testosterone rose to 32 nmol/l however i felt no improvement at all apart from a slight increase in self confidence.
currently also take D3, NAC, l carnitine, q10, SAMe, zinc, fish oil
im planning on testing cortisol, dhea and shbg next.
now, the odd incidence that i cant get my head around is that around 2 months ago i went through a very rocky patch with my girlfriend - she had basically had enough and wanted to leave. this seemed to trigger a response in my body and mind like ive never felt before with my libido absolutely skyrocketing and many other areas improving too such as sleep, energy and focus. Then a few weeks down the line i could actually 'feel' all those improvements slowly slipping away and returning to how i was before. Why did this happen? what was triggered to cause all these short term improvements? adrenalin? fight or flight response?
its a constant uphill struggle in the uk as the nhs seems so far behind in medical knowledge and will always look for the cheapest way out but im determined to try and turn my life around. if anyone has any input and advive it will be geatly appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

You write that you're not pleased with your response to your test cyp protocol. How long have you been on it? You're very young to TRT, was the question of your fertility discussed?

trc

Been on trt for just under 3 months now. Fertility was indeed taken into consideration but given how I feel and issues with relationships it's not something I'm considering anytime soon

CoastWatcher

Do you have your thyroid values (tsh, free t3, free t4, reverse t3)? There are members of the Forum that have a sophisticated knowledge of thyroid function; if these labs are off it can explain a great deal. Did you have SHBG tested?

trc

I've tried contacting the private Dr for a copy of thyroid values but haven't heard back yet. Cortisol and shbg will be tested in the next week or two

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
At 26 years of age your own production should be through the roof and if it's low you need a thorough diagnosis.

TRT is for life and at your age there are many metabolic and medical conditions that can cause this and need to be ruled out.

Self administration of TRT unless you are highly educated and/or a clinician I would find a Physician who can sympathize with your case and help you.

OMI100

"have had thyroid checked in the past by docs and apparently everything was fine ". As others have said numbers and ranges are needed. Most DRs are idiots when it comes to thyroid. Most DRs are taught that as long as you are within range you are fine.... NOT TRUE. Look at it like this... If you were at the bottom of range and you were a car you would have less than an 1/8 of a tank of gas. Is that a good thing if you are going on a long trip? Your body is the same... Post the data and you will get some good feedback on them here...

trc

thyroid results are as follows
tsh 1.6miu/l 0.27 - 4.2
free thyroxine 18.2pmol/l 12 - 22
total thyroxine 109nmol/l 59 - 154
free t3 6.3pmol/l 3.1 - 6.8
thyroglobulin antibody 24iu/ml 0 - 115
thyroid peroxidase antibodies 6.3iu/ml 0 - 34

any feedback on these results is greatly appreciated

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors