Clinic/Dr. question

Buy Lab Tests Online

smithers

Hey Guys,
I've been on TRT for 1 year now with lowtestosterone.com. It's been a great experience with great service from them, I can't complain. However I'm really curious if there's a less expensive option available to me.

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Smithers, I am also in So Cal. Honestly, pound for pound, I don't think you will find anyone better than Defy. Great customer service, great value, I haven't dealt with any that are better.

another vote for Defy. For example, 200mg/10lm vial @ Defy $129, I was paying $240 for it with another similarly modeled clinic. Other than finding a local Dr that will write you a script, filling it at a local pharmacy and presuming you have good insurance, Defy is the most cost effective I found.

I do have excelptionally good insurance especially with labs through Quest and Defy wrote me a script I took in to the lab so no more paying out the wazoo for labs through the other clinic, or buying them on my own through discountedlabs.com. In my case the lab card iinsurance covers the labs 100%, no cost to me, so right there is major savings.

smithers

Thanks a lot guys, I'll give Defy a call.
Vince, I have Kaiser Permanente, I asked my Dr. if I could have my T checked and he looked at me funny and asked why would I want to test that. They ended up testing only total testosterone. So I gave up and didn't bother trying to get TRT through them.

hdrider

Do you have to go to Florida to consult with Defy?
i am in Chicago and I see low testosterone.com has locations here.
i am also considering driving to Michigan to try Dr. Crisler' clinic.

hdrider

Thanks, Vince. For this type of therapy, is there any advantage to an in-person visit? Is there any need for physical examination, or is everything simply based on lab results?

I have been been starting to research my options, and noted that Dr. Crisler does require an initial in person face-to-face visit.

Defy requires that you obtain a basic physical from your regular Dr, or any Dr or Nurse for that matter, as part of the application process. After that it's labs, a periodic update of that in person physical, too.

Traveling for visits isn't cheap, remember airfare, hotels, transportation, etc etc

hdrider

Do they need to be in contact with your regular doctor, or do you need to obtain something from your regular doctor to send to them? I have brought up the subject of T replacement with him, and he's pretty hostile towards anything to do with the idea. So I need to proceed carefully. I have a physical scheduled with him for Monday morning. Assuming he again tells me everything is "normal", and I'm probably just "stressed" or "possibly a little depressed", I need to start looking at other options like Defy. But I would like to do it without burning the bridge to him.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
OP, I am also a KP member. Overall, they are poor at best for TRT for men. The biggest problem is that their physician staff, including the endos are all over the place on where they stand on HRT, some like yours don't even want to acknowledge it needs addressed. I actually have a female doc in the IE, who has been very supportive with me going outside of KP for my HRT. She is one of the few that actually keeps an open mind to the subject, and when I visit with her we talk about my continued treatment program, and she takes care of "most" of my labs.

She's the first one at KP that has actually agreed with me that testosterone converts to E2, thus it could be a problem if not administered properly. She also admits that KP is not currently up to speed with treating these (and other) issues, but at least she doesn't deny the natural pathway conversion process.

I don't know how receptive your physician at KP will be, but Defy will need him to fill out a physical form with vitals and other information. Again, mine is all for it, so when I went to Defy, she was all over it for me. It's come a long way from the endo in Fontana, who said anything over 650ng/dl would put me a severe health risk, and that HCG was only for guys wanting to be Manny Ramirez! Asked him about E2, he said it's not a factor .. Asked him about Free Test, he said it doesn't matter. Then he said it was illegal for patients to inject at home, thus he said "that's why it's called a controlled substance"; meaning they have to control the administration of it.

He fired me as a patient when I sent him articles from the Society of Endo Journals, which I highlighted several copies that directly rebutted just about everything he ever told me. Nothing more fragile than an ego of a doctor that really isn't very good at what they do!

Anywho, it was the best thing to happen .. That was my eye opener six years ago, that made me realize that I would have to go to town and do my own research if I ever want this stage of my life to be a success. Research opened the doors to forums like this and other discussion boards, and books like Nelson's, and to specialized doctors & clinics like Defy.

Superman

Do they need to be in contact with your regular doctor, or do you need to obtain something from your regular doctor to send to them?
no. the basic physical vince mentioned can be done anywhere. i went to a cvs minute clinic type of place for mine as it would have felt a little weird to have my previous trt dr give me a physical and fill out defy's form.

RoneTone

Defy requires that you obtain a basic physical from your regular Dr, or any Dr or Nurse for that matter, as part of the application process. After that it's labs, a periodic update of that in person physical, too.

Traveling for visits isn't cheap, remember airfare, hotels, transportation, etc etc

if you don't mind, could you break down the average monthly with Defy? Let's say 100mg, 500iu hcg, 1mg arimidex a week type protocol.

What was your setup cost to get going with them?

captq

if you don't mind, could you break down the average monthly with Defy? Let's say 100mg, 500iu hcg, 1mg arimidex a week type protocol.

What was your setup cost to get going with them?

Dr Saya consult $175

physical at walk in clinic $100

labs at labcorp $155

R/X called into my pharmacy $25 every time

smithers

I had my physical, and blood work. I'm waiting for results to come back and then I'll have the consultation with a nurse, Dr. Saya, or Dr. Crisler
There's only a few drops of T Cyp left in the vial, I've been trying to stretch what little I have left in the vial

Ab037

OP, I used to live in NorCal and would use Dr. Karlis Ullis who is based in Santa Monica.. He follows Crisler's protocols.. He uses APS compounding Pharmacy, which is supposed to be the cheapest out there...Might give him a try

Vince

Super Moderator
I had my physical, and blood work. I'm waiting for results to come back and then I'll have the consultation with a nurse, Dr. Saya, or Dr. Crisler
There's only a few drops of T Cyp left in the vial, I've been trying to stretch what little I have left in the vial

I also use Defy medical and I'm very happy with them.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me