Any studies that show that HCG improves libido ? How do I get a HCG prescription?

Buy Lab Tests Online

candlewax

Hi, I recently had an operation for a craniopharyngioma, a benign brain tumor. It was located near the pituitary gland so after the operation my pituitary gland was damaged so that it doesn't produce any hormones anymore. I now take all the hormones in pill-form, and use androgel to raise my testosterone, since my pituitary gland doesn't produce LH and FSH. as a result I've gained weight (which could also be caused by other hormonal deficiencies, such as Growth Hormone) and have a low libido. This Pisses me off, because I've always had a good lean body no matter how bad my eating habits were, and a pretty high libido. In Nelson vergel's book about Testosterone it says on page 57 (of my edition) it says: "supplementing the more 'traditional' transdermal, or injected options, testosterone with the correct doses of HCG stabilizes blood levels, prevents testicular atrophy, helps rebalance expression of other hormones, and brings reportsof greatly increased sense of well-being and libido." Now, I don't have the impression that the androgel really helps with libido, it's still almost zero, and I also feel fatigued often and have little energy, which, again, could also be due to low GH, but maybe HCG will help with libido and energy. I've suggested supplementing LH to my endocrinologist before but he stuck to prescribing androgel. I want to see if addding HCG to the androgel will help me, mainly with my libido, and I can't find any studies in the sources in the back of the book that back up the claims about HCG, so I wondered if there are any studies that show positive effects of HCG on libido and energy-levels that I can use to convince my endocrinologist to prescribe HCG to me. thanks a lot!

Oh by the way, I live in the Netherlands so I'm guessing most insurance regulations that most people here are used to don't apply to my situation. I actually don't know the insurance situation here in regards to HCG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

It seems to help some folks and not others. Myself and at least a few other guys here feel nothing what so ever from HCG, while others definitely feel better with it vs. without.

HarryCat

What do your latest labs looks like? Can you post with ranges?

HCG has a better change of helping if all you other levels are optimal.

candlewax

What do your latest labs looks like? Can you post with ranges?

HCG has a better change of helping if all you other levels are optimal.

I honestly don't know, the endocrinologist once told me before starting treatment that my testosterone and LH were both very low, and efter starting androgel my T was within normal ranges (though I don't notice any effects in how it feels in my body) wbut I never got a print of the values or anything, so I can't tell you. What 'other levels' do you mean?

I ho

candlewax

It seems to help some folks and not others. Myself and at least a few other guys here feel nothing what so ever from HCG, while others definitely feel better with it vs. without.

do you have low testosterone then? maybe only people who have low T to begin with notice an effect.

candlewax

Unfortunately, we have not a single study on HCG and libido. Those claims are purely anecdotal.

You say you are taking a pill. Is it clomiphene (Clomid)?

oh wow, so what would you recommend me to say to my doctor to convince him to prescribe HCG to me?

about the pills, I have to take all the hormones that my body doesn't make because of my damaged pituitary gland, eg. Thyroid hormone, hydrocortisone, which is cortisol in pill-form, etc.

CoastWatcher

Have you discussed the atrophy of your testicles? If you want HCG for libido, but there are no references in the literature to support your argument, you may still be able to get access to it (and see if it helps your sex drive) by stressing how you want it to maintain the viability of your testicles.

candlewax

Have you discussed the atrophy of your testicles? If you want HCG for libido, but there are no references in the literature to support your argument, you may still be able to get access to it (and see if it helps your sex drive) by stressing how you want it to maintain the viability of your testicles.
yeah thanks, that's actually something I'm genuinely concerned about. I'll mention it to the doc.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The easiest ways to get a prescription for HCC while on TRT are:

1- Say you want to preserve fertility and show these studies to your doctor (print them)

Two Studies That Used HCG with Testosterone

2- If item 1 does not relate to you, complain about testicular shrinkage to the point of pain during intercourse since your testicles recede into your body.

Re-Ride

Now is the time research here and to decide on initial dosing and frequency, daily, EOD, E3rdD or MWF. Start low and give it at at least 6 weeks to feel an effect. Good luck. Odds are you will benefit. Insist on being resulted for all labs.

candlewax

The easiest ways to get a prescription for HCC while on TRT are:

1- Say you want to preserve fertility and show these studies to your doctor (print them)

Two Studies That Used HCG with Testosterone

2- If item 1 does not relate to you, complain about testicular shrinkage to the point of pain during intercourse since your testicles recede into your body.

3- If item 1 and 2 fail, explore this: Introducing Our New HCG Support Program for Men Aready on TRT
Nelson, sorry for the late reply, haven't logged into this forum for a long time. Thanks for the effort of writing that all up, but I don't think any of those items apply to me.

1: It is possible to get HCG prescribed, but only if you have a childwish, so wanting to get pregnant with your partner. That is not the case for me at this moment, so fertility is not an argument for me right now. I do want to have children later in my life, but the infertility is reversible, so..

2: I don't experience any discomfort at all from my balls.

3: As I stated in my first post, I live in the Netherlands, I think that program is for people in the States, right?

I asked my endocrinologist to refer me to an andrologist, thinking that they'd be more willing to prescribe hcg. Today I had the appointment, but no go.

candlewax

Just from watching the video image, I have low thyroid, getting suppletion for that, and I've gained some weight since being in the hospital. I realize this might be a factor, and I'm working on that now. Oh, and brain surgery of course. Thanks for the reply!

edit: I just saw high prolactin in there too, and a blood test once showed that I had that as well. Don't know if this is still the case. How does prolactin affect libido?

CoastWatcher

Just from watching the video image, I have low thyroid, getting suppletion for that, and I've gained some weight since being in the hospital. I realize this might be a factor, and I'm working on that now. Oh, and brain surgery of course. Thanks for the reply!

edit: I just saw high prolactin in there too, and a blood test once showed that I had that as well. Don't know if this is still the case. How does prolactin affect libido?

Elevated prolactin can certainly impact libido. Please test again.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I just found this old study.

HUMAN CHORIONIC GONADOTROPIN TREATMENT OF NONORGANIC ERECTILE FAILURE AND
LACK OF SEXUAL DESIRE:
A Double-Blind Study

ABSTRACT-Forty-five cases of nonorganic failure (n ::= 39) or lack of sexual desire (LSD, n = 6) were treated for one month, either with human chorionic gonadotropins (HCG, 5,000 JU J.M. twice per week) or with placebo using a double-blind method. HCG gave better results than pla cebo (47% vs 12%, p < 0.05) and improved a higher number of sexual parameters (617) than placebo (217). HCG effect on sexual behavior did not correlate with the increase in plasma testos terone level: it seems HCG is a useful option in sexologic treatment of erectile failure and LSD.

Attachments

• hcg libido paper (1).pdf
    470.5 KB · Views: 51
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com