Cabergoline - kills sex drive?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pacman

Okay so this is a weird question I am asking, because all current research shows exactly the opposite of what I am experiencing. I have taken 0.25 mg of Cabergoline 3 times already, each dosing 3 days apart from each other. Since I started, my sex drive and function dropped to nearly zero. I'm not kidding. Erections are not spontaneous and have to be manually attained, even in a mental state of "arousal". I feel very much pre-TRT sexually speaking for this past week and a half. I do not know if this is causation or correlation. In all other aspects (mood, energy levels, etc..) I feel fine. I have searched Google and couldn't find anything. The only other variable that changed over the past two weeks is that I started working out more often and intensely at the gym. Other than that, all other variables have remained the same from before I started Cabergoline to after starting it.

I have started taking Cabergoline under my doctor's recommendation in order to increase sexual pleasure and orgasms. It did neither, and I even feel a decrease in sex drive (but I am unsure if the new med is the cause of it, as I wrote above in the previous paragraph).

Can anyone here provide me with some thoughts/hypotheses as to what might be happening?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
.25 mg is a very very low dose for Cabergoline when you consider that individuals with Prolactin producing Adenoma's take 6 to 8 mg daily.

What we don't know is what Pacman's baseline Prolactin levels were before he started. If base line was low to start with then yes it could be tanking his serum levels and as a result getting these negative side effects.

It's not a secret that Cabergoline increases libido...that's just a fact. And many Doctors, with the likes of Dr. Eugene Shippen, use it successfully for their men with low libido.

I have been using .25 mg twice weekly for a couple of years now and my libido screams and orgasm intensity is teeth clenching.

My advise is to get Prolactin levels tested to see if this may be the cause.

Anything else said here is just speculation.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Good article but please note this at the end:

These findings contradict the well-accepted idea of high prolactin levels being linked to men's sexual issues. The results of this study suggest that the hormone could have a positive impact in initiating or stabilizing male sexual behavior. The study does not prove a cause-and-effect relationship between prolactin and sexual functioning. The researchers speculate that low prolactin reflects a change in the levels of signaling chemicals in the brain that are responsible for regulating sexual behavior. Also, poorer physical and mental health could be an underlying reason for low prolactin and a lower sex drive, said the researchers.

Another study on prolactin levels found that participants between the ages of 65 and 70 who were married, physically healthy, and had no psychopathology or marital problems, had decreased libido when their levels of the hormone were high. Mild hyperprolactinaemia in aging men may possibly be associated with decreased sexual desire and frequency of sexual activity as suggested in this study.

The two studies provide contrasting findings of prolactin levels and its effects on male sexual behavior which may lead to the possibility of conducting further studies to further examine this indirect relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:

ERO

.25 mg is a very very low dose for Cabergoline when you consider that individuals with Prolactin producing Adenoma's take 6 to 8 mg daily.

What we don't know is what Pacman's baseline Prolactin levels were before he started. If base line was low to start with then yes it could be tanking his serum levels and as a result getting these negative side effects.

It's not a secret that Cabergoline increases libido...that's just a fact. And many Doctors, with the likes of Dr. Eugene Shippen, use it successfully for their men with low libido.

I have been using .25 mg twice weekly for a couple of years now and my libido screams and orgasm intensity is teeth clenching.

My advise is to get Prolactin levels tested to see if this may be the cause.

Anything else said here is just speculation.

I agree 100% on testing, but have to disagree on Cabegoline increasing libido unless one's Prolactin is very high. I have tried it 3 times over the past 4 years and it has done absolutely noting for my libido. Taking 0.25 mg once a week takes my Prolactin level from mid-teens to close to zero and if anything makes my already sh*tty libido worse.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I agree 100% on testing, but have to disagree on Cabegoline increasing libido unless one's Prolactin is very high. I have tried it 3 times over the past 4 years and it has done absolutely noting for my libido. Taking 0.25 mg once a week takes my Prolactin level from mid-teens to close to zero and if anything makes my already sh*tty libido worse.

Increased libido with the use of Cabergoline is documented and is not made up.

It's a Dopamine agonist and the Physician's who prescribe it do so for a reason...they get results from their patients.

Everyone is different and it doesn't work for you; I get that.

I know men and women who use it to increase libido and/or reduce prolactin due to an Adenoma and they all stated how it increased their libido.

It doesn't work for you and that is your personal situation and cannot be the same for all.

ERO

Yes, that is exactly my point - it is not same for all. It clearly has not helped Pacman or myself, and if it was such an easy way to increase libido Big Pharma would have marketed it under a new name explicitly for that purpose long ago.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Yes, that is exactly my point - it is not same for all. It clearly has not helped Pacman or myself, and if it was such an easy way to increase libido Big Pharma would have marketed it under a new name explicitly for that purpose long ago.

Big Pharma can't market a product off label unless it was FDA approved.

Like all drugs there are different results in different people.

For me, it works 110% and couldn't imagine not taking it.

Dr. Eugene Shippen doesn't prescribe it because it doesn't work in his patients LOL.

For some men it's not effective and for others it is...end of story.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Cabergoline did not work for me. I would rather increase my dopamine with other methods that do not tank my prolactin, a healing and immune enhancing hormone.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Using tyrosine, Vitamin B6 supplements , 5-HTP and L-Phenylalanine (Phe) to elevate dopamine in the brain. Getting enough sleep and exercising.

Last edited:

Pacman

The reason my doctor suggested I use Cabergoline was because I have trouble experiencing orgasms (sexual functioning is fine, sexual drive varies up and down). My prolactin levels were 19.5 ng/mL (ref 4.0 - 15.2). Is it really possible that my prolactin levels dropped to nearly zero after 3 doses of 0.25 mg spaced 2-3 days apart from each other? It seems unlikely, especially being that I was on the minimum dose... Is it that powerful and that fast acting?

While I took it, as I wrote in my original post above, my sex drive seemed to have dropped about 90%, as well as ability to ejaculate. I thought that this may be correlation and not causation, but still, I immediately ceased taking it to see what would happen. On the 3rd day after taking the last dose, my sex drive returned and I masturbated, and surprisingly I experienced quite a nice orgasm!! But one variable is that I didn't masturbate for like five days, and I never held off that long in probably over 6 months, so is it possible that that's related to experiencing the orgasm?

In any case, n=1 here, and I have no idea whether the drop in sex drive and functioning or the orgasm experienced on the last day had anything to do with the Cab... Could it cause both to happen?? That's a counter-intuitive thought, but I'm a bit confused by my experience. Is there some kind of transition phase where it kills the sex drive, and then reincarnates it even stronger and better??

I'm wondering if I should give it another trial run or not...

Also, if Cab is not the answer for me - how can I go back to experiencing orgasms? I rarely experience them anymore, and that really bothers me...

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
My suggestion is this; stay off of Caber of 30 days and see how you feel and if you ability to orgasm increases along with libido.

Caber clears in the matter of 3 to 4 days so 30 days will give you a good test period.

If you see results in increased libido and ability to orgasm...you will have your answer.

If not, give Caber a 30 test again at .25 mg twice weekly like Monday morning and Thursday night and see if you get better results.

IF you do, then you will know...if you don't then Caber isn't doing of you like it does for some of us.

dallas101346

Would increasing dopamine be a good thing for anyone? I dont think I have a deficiency or anything but would it be worth it to follow some of Nelson's ideas regardless?

dallas101346

Would increasing dopamine be a good thing for anyone? I dont think I have a deficiency or anything but would it be worth it to follow some of Nelson's ideas regardless?

kaz

@Pacman, can you provide an update on what happened with Cabergoline? Did you stop after three doses and things went back to before you started? Did it start to help later on?

Thank you.

kaz

Okay so this is a weird question I am asking, because all current research shows exactly the opposite of what I am experiencing. I have taken 0.25 mg of Cabergoline 3 times already, each dosing 3 days apart from each other. Since I started, my sex drive and function dropped to nearly zero. I'm not kidding. Erections are not spontaneous and have to be manually attained, even in a mental state of "arousal". I feel very much pre-TRT sexually speaking for this past week and a half. I do not know if this is causation or correlation. In all other aspects (mood, energy levels, etc..) I feel fine. I have searched Google and couldn't find anything. The only other variable that changed over the past two weeks is that I started working out more often and intensely at the gym. Other than that, all other variables have remained the same from before I started Cabergoline to after starting it.

I have started taking Cabergoline under my doctor's recommendation in order to increase sexual pleasure and orgasms. It did neither, and I even feel a decrease in sex drive (but I am unsure if the new med is the cause of it, as I wrote above in the previous paragraph).

Can anyone here provide me with some thoughts/hypotheses as to what might be happening?

It's been a while, but would you mind sharing an update on what happened after your 3rd dose? Did things subside? Did you keep taking it? Any insights would be helpful!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me