Should I worry about this E2 level?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Helboi

I won't go into too much background on this one (unless it's needed to answer my query), but basically I've been on TRT for about 4 1/2 months and I'm just now switching providers. My first provider uses just the standard E2 test and here were my last results from them (May 1): 14.3 pg/ml on a range of 7.6-42.6 pg/ml. My new provider uses the sensitive E2 test and here were my results from them (June 11): 28.8 pg/ml on a range of 8.0-35.0 pg/ml.

I had thought that the sensitive test would actually show a lower number than the regular E2 test, so I was surprised to see it so much higher. My new doc says not to worry, it's still within range. But I'm thinking that's a big jump from just a month ago and that it's still very close to the top of the range.

Opinions?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bigfred32

How do you feel? I personally feel best when my e2 is alittle on the high side. I learned something recently from a post by Nelson on T to e2 ratios that make perfect sense and based on how I feel im within that range.
Divide your total T by e2 and you want to keep your ratio somewhere between 14 and 20. Im at 17 even though on the ultra sensitive test im alittle above the top of the range and have no side effect symptoms but feel optimum.

Helboi

I feel pretty good overall, but I know I could feel better. My mood is still fluctuating a lot (but I've had a long history of mood disorder, so it's difficult to separate that from anything related to my TRT). I do get hot flashes still, and sweats from time to time at night, which I think might be the E2 level. I am taking Zinc (50-100mg daily) and DIM w/I3C (200mg daily) to help with E2 levels, but I can't say how much they're helping. I really don't want to take an E2 blocker, but worry I might need to.

Helboi

Oh, and as for the ratio, my total T is 788 on the day before my injection. So that divided by my E2 results would be 27.36...so over your range of 14-20.

bigfred32

I read a thread on the ratios last week and I apologize but I cant readily find it. My T is 729 and e2 runs at 42 on ultra sensitive test. I feel great and the ratio is around 17.
I have had too high e2 and felt like crap but once I brought it down by adding .25mg AI every 3-4 days and lowering my T dose alittle it brought everything into Nelsons range.
Like I said I just learned this but I know how I feel. I understand low e2 and high e2 is equally bad and both effect how you feel. I use a trandermal so tend to convert more e2 but a tiny bit of AI keeps it managed.
Unless my understanding is off, it would seem that your T to e2 ratio is alittle low and could come up alittle.
If I can find the thread I will forward it to you

Last edited:
Im also buying in to the T:E ratio theory. That thread is a good read if you hone in on Nelson's posts. I for myself and reading boards there's a lot of "my libido isn't back"...those sorts of posts or just not feeling optimal even with high TT and/or FT numbers but you'd see sensitive E2 values in the accepted 21-30 (ish) range.
I know I'm not doing really well at 31 so I'm letting E2 come up, I'm currently using just .15mg Anastrozole once per week. I know I've been tanked out in the past and was not doing well at all. Right now my ratio is about 26 (814/31) so I'm heading up to 40 I think is my target for E2.

Helboi

I read through the thread but didn't really glean much more from it than what you said here. So since my ratio is over 27, does that indicate that my T should still go up in relation to my E2? Or should I focus on bringing the E2 down...which one needs action? Or does it at all?

ERO

Honestly, I would switch doctors ASAP rather than try to figure out how to work with the one you have. I have no affiliation with Defy Medical, but definitely recommend them. You can do everything via phone and email and they know what they are doing.

I read through the thread but didn't really glean much more from it than what you said here. So since my ratio is over 27, does that indicate that my T should still go up in relation to my E2? Or should I focus on bringing the E2 down...which one needs action? Or does it at all?

In this scenario you'd want to raise your E2 level.

SomeG

I was on HCG Monotherapy and just switched to Test + HCG -- all without an AI

...and I have had E2 levels as high as 53 but haven't had any noticeable side effects, but honestly, I wonder if I should worry in the future.

Unfortunately, my doctor is very hesitant to prescribe an AI. He often goes on about the benefits of estradiol- bone density, sex drive, etc, etc

I wonder if the alternatives - DIM, I3C, etc are any good.

I've looked around and am unsure, based on the papers I've seen.

Nelson, any ideas?

CoastWatcher

I was on HCG Monotherapy and just switched to Test + HCG -- all without an AI

...and I have had E2 levels as high as 53 but haven't had any noticeable side effects, but honestly, I wonder if I should worry in the future.

Unfortunately, my doctor is very hesitant to prescribe an AI. He often goes on about the benefits of estradiol- bone density, sex drive, etc, etc

I wonder if the alternatives - DIM, I3C, etc are any good.

I've looked around and am unsure, based on the papers I've seen.

Nelson, any ideas?

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?2960-Copper-DIM-to-Manage-E2&highlight=DIM

A lively exchange on DIM and copper as possibilities in managing E2.

What were your total testosterone values when you posted the higher estradiol readings?

Finally, you might consider copying your post into a new thread of your own in order to generate a greater response.

Last edited:
For me and I am not married so I like to keep woody ready at all times and when my E2 gets high I have ED issues ! Although when I 1st started TRT my E2 shot up to 70 in 6mths. and had no effect but now after 3 yrs my ED is in direct relation to my E2 level ! I think most men fell 25 again when they 1st start TRT it was actually embarrassing to me I would be in a restaurant and would have to wait for swelling to go down to leave ?

I am best in an ultra sensitive test range from the lab I use at 25 to 30 and give blood EOM to address red blood cell issues and it is all around good health for an oil change :)

Impressed some women and others thought I was a nut job . . . lol , I am a little crazy and love it that way ! I would say I feel 30 now !

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me