Another newbie

Buy Lab Tests Online
Greetings all,

Introduction/about me:

I'm a male, 42, married, with the required 2.2 children. For many, many moons, I've experienced the normal litany of low testosterone symptoms:

fatigue
depression (medicated)
a Wile E. Coyote like anvil drop in sexual desire and performance
obesity - even with diet and exercise modifications undertaken over a period of years
brain fog/slow down in cognitive abilities/decreasing work performance

After reading Nelson's book, it all started to make sense.

I am now under the care of a doc who is good with TRT - including allowing the patient to inject at home. Lucky me! I'm just awaiting my 'script to be filled.

I look forward to learning more, and discussing my journey. When I have the numbers in front of me, I'll start adding those.

Thanks in advance for all the good counsel.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Greetings all,

Introduction/about me:

I'm a male, 42, married, with the required 2.2 children. For many, many moons, I've experienced the normal litany of low testosterone symptoms:

fatigue
depression (medicated)
a Wile E. Coyote like anvil drop in sexual desire and performance
obesity - even with diet and exercise modifications undertaken over a period of years
brain fog/slow down in cognitive abilities/decreasing work performance

After reading Nelson's book, it all started to make sense.

I am now under the care of a doc who is good with TRT - including allowing the patient to inject at home. Lucky me! I'm just awaiting my 'script to be filled.

I look forward to learning more, and discussing my journey. When I have the numbers in front of me, I'll start adding those.

Thanks in advance for all the good counsel.

Did you get a diagnosis for you hypogonadism?

Did you have your Thyroid evaluated thoroughly?

Welcome to the forum my friend!

Thanks for the warm welcome gents!

Gene - I did receive a diagnosis of hypogonadism - total T was 203, 221, 305 on three separate draws over almost 24-months. The 305 "outlier" was likely because of some supplements I had been taking during several months leading up to the last draw. I had also begun a weight lifting program along with aerobic exercise.

My thyroid levels have been evaluated by TSH levels only (normal) - no T3 or T4 that I can recall. Funny you should mention that because I heard a "radio doctor" interviewing an endo about T3 and T4 levels and a "sweet spot" ratio between the two. I brought up the thyroid concnern during my discussion with my doc since hypothyroidism and hypogonadism can have similar symptoms. My doc, while not dismissive, did say that his primary marker is TSH. If I had concerns, he'd happily call for T3 and T4 on the next draw. He also noted that I did not voice any complaints about other hypothyroid symptoms - e.g. cold intolerance, dry skin, brittle nails. I got a chuckle when I told him my periods were normal and regular. :p

Last edited:

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
TSH is a very poor marker for evaluating thyroid health.

One needs to see:

TSH
Free T4
Free T3
Reverse T3
Complete thyroid antibodies

This will tell you how your thyroid is functioning.

There are times where everything will look good till you see RT3 and it tells a different story.

Let me know when you start your Testosterone replacement protocol and what was prescribed.

Welcome to our Forum mcowingsfan! ;) Feel free to Ask Questions, Hangout and Read our Content. We are all here to share information from our own, personal experiences.

Journey Log - 1

Hello again all!

Today I began my TRT journey - Monday, October 7, 2013.

Protocol: 100mg testosterone cypionate 1x/week.
I've already revised this to 50mg 2x/week. I made this choice after reading Nelson's book, reading the posts and advice in the Facebook group, and speaking with the Pharmacist (compounding). My bottom line was trying to smooth the roller-coaster like effect of 1x/week injections. I have two young children (daughters - hence the reason for declining gels/creams/etc) and a fairly stressful job. Adding a roller-coaster ride did not seem like a bright idea. Tempering the "enhanced assertiveness" is and will remain a focus point.

Took some body measurements as well - my intent is to track these as I journey down this road:
Chest: 45.5"
Waist: 45.75"
Hips: 42.75"

I have one of those Weight Watchers scales that measures body fat. Once I find the instructions, I'll add that result to the data.

Next blood draw is in two months.

Thanks again to everyone for their support, and good counsel. I'm eager, cautious, and anxious all at the same time - this is not related to the injection BTW. Just my mental state as I begin.

Site Suggestion: Would it be possible to add a forum/sub-forum that allows people to post their own journey? It may be beneficial to those who visit and lurk.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Hello again all!

Today I began my TRT journey - Monday, October 7, 2013.

Protocol: 100mg testosterone cypionate 1x/week.
I've already revised this to 50mg 2x/week. I made this choice after reading Nelson's book, reading the posts and advice in the Facebook group, and speaking with the Pharmacist (compounding). My bottom line was trying to smooth the roller-coaster like effect of 1x/week injections. I have two young children (daughters - hence the reason for declining gels/creams/etc) and a fairly stressful job. Adding a roller-coaster ride did not seem like a bright idea. Tempering the "enhanced assertiveness" is and will remain a focus point.

Took some body measurements as well - my intent is to track these as I journey down this road:
Chest: 45.5"
Waist: 45.75"
Hips: 42.75"

I have one of those Weight Watchers scales that measures body fat. Once I find the instructions, I'll add that result to the data.

Next blood draw is in two months.

Thanks again to everyone for their support, and good counsel. I'm eager, cautious, and anxious all at the same time - this is not related to the injection BTW. Just my mental state as I begin.

Site Suggestion: Would it be possible to add a forum/sub-forum that allows people to post their own journey? It may be beneficial to those who visit and lurk.

Sounds like a good start.

Are you taking HCG to keep our testes alive and other things?

How about E2 management? What was you baseline Estrogen level before you started?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me