58 Yr Old - High DHT - Low Free T- Need Help & Suggestions

Buy Lab Tests Online

T1000

Okay guys, here's a little background...I'll be 58 next month. About 13 months ago I started lifting weights after being away from the gym for 25 years. I'm 5' 11" and at that time was weighing 168 lbs.

I started putting on muscle right away and I was happy with my progress until I began to experience erectile dysfunction.

So, I had a blood test done in July of last year. My serum T and free T were extremely low, but my DHT was high so I knew that accounted for my muscle gains, but I couldn't figure why the ED?

I got my local "country doctor" to prescribe a 15% compounded testosterone cream with chrysin last August and I've used it ever since. My serum T went up and my DHT is off the charts, but my ED didn't improve much.

Recently, I started Gene's N.O. Stack (about 3 weeks ago) and BOOM! My ED problems are over. I'm happy and my girlfriend is happy. Thanks, Gene!

So, I've packed on some muscle and currently weigh 180 lbs. My concerns are that my DHT is so high and my Free T remains stubbornly low. Here's my numbers. What do you guys think?

07/14

05/15

Serum T

Free T

DHT

SHBG

Estradiol

DHEA

IGF-1

n/a

Hemacrit

PSA

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
T1000, have you ever thought about injecting testosterone instead of using gels, most see a lot better results with injecting.

ERO

As long as your PSA is in-range (and it is awesome at under 1), I would not worry about the high DHT number at all. You definitely do not want low DHT.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Yes, you are converting at a higher rate to DHT subcutaneously.

The skin has a high amount of the enzyme 5 alpha reductase which converts testosterone into DHT.
As Vince noted, you can go to injections which will lower this conversion and hence lower DHT.

Many men like higher levels of DHT as it's not a real health threat. Many experience a much stronger libido and gains in strength and lean muscle mass.

Remember, DHT is 7 to 8 times more androgenic than Testosterone!

T1000

Serum T = 1200

I'm still using the compounded 15% testosterone cream with chrysin. I began taking some nutritional supplements about 3 months ago to increase testosterone and reduce estrogen. I just had my Serum T, Free T, and PSA checked.
As you can see, my Serum T and Free T are off the charts. Is this a bogus reading or could it indicate that my testicles are producing testosterone in spite of the 15% T-cream?

07/14

05/15

09/15

Serum T (348-1197)

Free T (7.2-24.0)

DHT

na

SHBG

na

Estradiol

na

DHEA

na

IGF-1

na

na

Hemacrit

na

PSA

Re-Ride

Doubtful. Your axis must be shut down from exogenous T. Check hematocrit to be on the safe side. If I was getting results with no symptoms I would be fine with the 5/15 serum levels. Perhaps there is less conversion to DHT now.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me