How to lower blood pressure naturally

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
This is a very good summary table that lists the different non-pharmaceutical approaches to lowering blood pressure naturally.

Source: http://www.rhc.ac.ir/Files/Download/pdf/nursingbooks/Advancing Medicine with Food and Nutrients-2013-cd.pdf
lower blood pressure naturally.jpg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Midnight

Thanks Nelson. If someone is interested in a supplement to help lower blood pressure, this one has really helped a couple of people that I know. "Twin Lab Blood Pressure Success" . I don't have an issue with blood pressure, but if I did, I would definitely give this one a try.

Hasty

Thanks for the info, it's good to see everything boiled down and concise. I would add that eating or preferably juicing full beats is very helpful for treating high blood pressure. The nitrate content is high and definitely effects blood pressure in a good way. They do have a lot of sugar, however. Also, I believe the sodium reduction tactic is up for debate nowadays, I recall a sciency-friend reporting that sodium restricted diets lower blood pressure very insignificantly (seems to be some recent studies in the news about this, too). I've been told adequate magnesium, niacin, and l-arginine can help some people. It is also worth noting that blood pressure itself is a matter of debate among scientific organizations and even between countries. The US standard for pre-hypertensive and hypertensive BP is a bit lower than several other industrialized, comparable nations. The human body is confusing...

croaker24

Hasty -

Good summary. There is a very large blood pressure study, funding by NIH, now ongoing:

https://www.sprinttrial.org/public/dspHome.cfm

The goal of the study is:

Will lower blood pressure reduce the risk of heart and kidney diseases, stroke, or age-related declines in memory and thinking?

I think lot of the confusion stems from the fact that many blood pressure trials overlooked findings that many people were just fine with a higher blood pressure while others have issues. There is also the question of whether blood pressure medications confer the same level of benefits as simply losing weight and using diet and exercise to control your blood pressure. I would also say that that latter question is applicable to supplements also.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Br J Nutr. 2015 Sep 2:1-7. [Epub ahead of print]

Total, insoluble and soluble dietary fibre intake in relation to blood pressure: the INTERMAP Study.

Aljuraiban GS et al

Abstract

Prospective cohort studies have shown inverse associations between fibre intake and CVD, possibly mediated by blood pressure (BP). However, little is known about the impact of types of fibre on BP. We examined cross-sectional associations with BP of total, insoluble and soluble fibre intakes. Data were used from the INTERnational study on MAcro/micronutrients and blood Pressure (INTERMAP) study, including 2195 men and women aged between 40 and 59 years from the USA. During four visits, eight BP, four 24 h dietary recalls and two 24 h urine samples were collected. Linear regression models adjusted for lifestyle and dietary confounders to estimate BP differences per 2 sd higher intakes of total and individual types of fibre were calculated. After multivariable adjustment, total fibre intake higher by 6·8 g/4184 kJ (6·8 g/1000 kcal) was associated with a 1·69 mmHg lower systolic blood pressure (SBP; 95 % CI -2·97, -0·41) and attenuated to -1·01 mmHg (95 % CI -2·35, 0·34) after adjustment for urinary K. Insoluble fibre intake higher by 4·6 g/4184 kJ (4·6 g/1000 kcal) was associated with a 1·81 mmHg lower SBP (95 % CI -3·65, 0·04), additionally adjusted for soluble fibre and urinary K excretion, whereas soluble fibre was not associated with BP. Raw fruit was the main source of total and insoluble fibre, followed by whole grains and vegetables.

In conclusion, higher intakes of fibre, especially insoluble, may contribute to lower BP, independent of nutrients associated with higher intakes of fibre-rich foods.

KEYWORDS:

BP blood pressure; DBP diastolic blood pressure; SBP systolic blood pressure; Blood pressure; Dietary fibre; Insoluble fibre; Soluble fibre

Fitness01

Lose extra pounds and watch your waistline. Blood pressure often increases as weight increases. ...
Exercise regularly. ...
Eat a healthy diet. ...
Reduce sodium in your diet. ...
Limit the amount of alcohol you drink.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
An Update on Nutrients and Blood Pressure.

Chan Q, et al. J Atheroscler Thromb. 2015.

Abstract

Adverse blood pressure (BP) is a major independent risk factor for epidemic cardiovascular diseases affecting almost one-quarter of the adult population worldwide. Dietary intake is a major determinant in the development and progression of high BP. Lifestyle modifications, including recommended dietary guidelines, are advocated by the American Society of Hypertension, the International Society of Hypertension, the Japanese Society of Hypertension, and many other organisations for treating all hypertensive people, prior to initiating drug therapy and as an adjunct to medication in persons already on drug therapy. Lifestyle modification can also reduce high BP and prevent development of hypertension. This review synthesizes results from the International Study of Macro/Micronutrients and Blood Pressure (INTERMAP), a cross-sectional epidemiological study of 4,680 men and women aged 40-59 years from Japan, the People's Republic of China, the United Kingdom, and the United States, published over the past few years on cross cultural BP differences. INTERMAP has previously reported that intakes of vegetable protein, glutamic acid, total and insoluble fibre, total polyunsaturated fatty acid and linoleic acid, total n-3 fatty acid and linolenic acid, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, and non-heme iron were inversely related to BP. Direct associations of sugars (fructose, glucose, and sucrose) and sugar-sweetened beverages (especially combined with high sodium intake), cholesterol, glycine, alanine, and oleic acid from animal sources with BP were also reported by the INTERMAP Study.

Full paper:
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jat/advpub/0/advpub_30000/_pdf

Lose extra pounds and watch your waistline. Blood pressure often increases as weight increases. ...
Exercise regularly. ...
Eat a healthy diet. ...
Reduce sodium in your diet. ...
Limit the amount of alcohol you drink.

I agree with you, if your cholesterol is high your blood pressure increases

Jull

I heard about DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet to keep the blood pressure in control.

• DASH-approved foods include fruits and veggies, whole grains, lean proteins, and low- or no-fat dairy products.
  • A typical day on the DASH diet involves three full meals and two to three snacks. The center of each meal should be colorful, fiber-rich vegetables, with a small portion of lean protein to finish out the meal.
  • Nuts, seeds, and fresh fruits are the recommended snacks.
  • The DASH diet does not focus on food deprivation, but instead encourages eating enough to keep you full while cutting out sodium and artificial sugars. (http://www.healthline.com/health/high-blood-pressure-hypertension/lower-it-fast#DASH5)

watsonjack

One cup of fat-free plain yogurt provides 49% of the calcium, 12% of the magnesium, and 18% of the potassium you need every day.Cool and creamy, yogurt is a star ingredient in mineral-rich breakfasts, in sauces and salad dressings, and even in entrées. Most brands of regular yogurt tend to be a bit higher in calcium than Greek varieties. You can control the fat and nutrient content by making your own yogurt at home for your high blood pressure diet.

wheatwood

Walk and exercise regularly, watch your diet especially your sodium intake. learn how to manage stress, deep meditation could help.

John Bell

Banned
For those ones who snores - it's one of the main symptoms of obstructive sleep arnea. Many OSA sufferers also had high levels of aldosterone, that can boost blood preassure, that's why about a half of them have high blood preassure. So, if it's a reason of high blood pressure, the best way is treating sleep arnea.

Jerry342

Thanks for information. I think exercises impact gradually on lowering blood pressure. In fact it all depends upon changing lifestyle and eating habits.

Gman86

Lot of misinformation on this thread. Having high cholesterol absolutely does not increase BP. That doesn’t even make sense if u understand how cholesterol works in the body. Go look at the thousands and thousands of people on carnivore, and look at their blood pressures. That will easily put that myth to rest.

The other myth is that u need to lower ur salt intake. Absolutely wrong. U need to use the correct salt, and increase potassium. Salt is very vital for healthy BP levels. Consuming too little salt each day can actually INCREASE BP. What’s important is that the salt u take is salt with as many of the natural minerals still in it as possible. Think there’s supposed to be close to 80 minerals in real salt. Without those minerals, yes, fake salt can definitely increase ur BP.

I’ll post a video on salt and BP and how to get fluid into the cells, that has allowed me to improve my BP greatly. My BP currently sits around 110/60. I generously salt my food at every meal. My cholesterol is also relatively high, which I’m very happy about. Cholesterol is extremely important for overall health and decreasing overall mortality risk. I’ll post my BP in both arms from 2 day’s ago.

Here are some actual ways to lower BP that really work:

-Lifting weights regularly
-Cardio regularly
-Optimizing sleep
-Lowering stress
-Keeping HCT below 55, and more importantly not having platelets too high
-Using only natural sea salt, and using a generous amount on ur meals. I personally use Celtic sea salt.
-Obv improving diet as much as possible. I saw a fairly significant drop in BP when I started eating mostly carnivore with a moderate amount of carbs from healthy sources such as white rice, organic raw honey and select fruits. Zero processed foods. Only dairy is from raw grassfed whole milk.

And here is one of the biggest tips that I’ve found. I only drink mineral water from glass bottles. I drink 2 of them a day. As soon as I open one, I put some liquid magnesium chloride in, and also some Celtic sea salt. For anyone wanting a quick way to lower BP, try this. The main ingredients are most likely the magnesium and sea salt. Not sure how vital the mineral water is with this combo, in regards to lowering BP. I personally use Remag for my liquid magnesium chloride choice. Also, in the morning as soon as I wake up, I’ll put some Celtic salt under my tongue, let it dissolve, and then drink a huge cup of mineral water with some liquid magnesium chloride. I’m talking a huge cup. Basically a full glass bottle of mineral water first thing in the morning.

Attachments

• ADBF0F49-5199-4472-A2E6-6680F58665DD.jpeg
    ADBF0F49-5199-4472-A2E6-6680F58665DD.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 228
  • B1C26E38-EDD0-4EF4-A3A2-B1D357881BAB.jpeg
    B1C26E38-EDD0-4EF4-A3A2-B1D357881BAB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 167

Gman86

38DF07AB-A55E-49A3-BF45-F8B3B5A729F8.png
11175B58-CC1E-485E-8854-08FC34497B92.png
I actually saw on another thread here a guy basically reporting that using the same combo of magnesium, salt and water, as well as improving his diet, lowered his BP pretty drastically. He also salts his food pretty heavily. @Jon H

Last edited:

Gman86

288080BB-02AC-4205-AB4D-56E23384D318.png
288080BB-02AC-4205-AB4D-56E23384D318.png
Anyone got any tips on how to raise BP, all my tips and tricks look they’re starting too work too good lol. Just took BP in left and right arm at work. Almost 5pm in the afternoon.

HCT is around 51-52 currently. Platelets are on the lower end of the range. And here’s my latest cholesterol numbers. Just so people don’t instantly blame HCT and cholesterol for their BP issues anymore while on HRT.

Attachments

• 141375CD-8790-41BF-97D6-237E255E5DBD.jpeg
    141375CD-8790-41BF-97D6-237E255E5DBD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 143
  • FF3E4D90-CFE5-420C-983A-F56C7C3FA190.jpeg
    FF3E4D90-CFE5-420C-983A-F56C7C3FA190.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 197
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men