Post Thyroid Surgery, Thyroid Test Results while on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

captq

I had 1/2 of my thyroid removed about 3 months ago and just had the following tests done.

T3 total 1.1 out of a range of .6-1.6

T4 .9 out of a range of .6 - 1.5

TSH 1.63 out of a range of .3 - 4.5

A1C 5.1

Hemoglobin 16.3

Hematocrit 48.1

PTH 24

Ionized Calcium 1.18

So the question is have I dodged the synthroid bullet or do I possibly need thyroid supplements or is it too early to tell?

My endo is a great guy and says hey all in range so all is well but I do sometimes get unusually tired.

I'm 54 in good health otherwise and have been on TRT for 18 months and am now on a dose of 100MG weekly self injection IM

I have not done the taking the temperature thing yet

The original reason for the surgery was to take out an overactive parathyroid but it was embedded in the thyroid gland so the surgeon made the call to take that half out.

Thanks for the help Team

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

captq

Nelson

Yes good question we get so involved in the numbers we forget success is feeling good.

I feel good just get very tired sometimes especially at the end of my TRT cycle but that is going to change now I'm moving to twice a week.

captq

You are IM, right? Considering subQ?

The nurse that did the instruction for the injections at the doctors freaked out when I mentioned SubQ.

"I've never heard of such a thing, you never inject testosterone subq it's very dangerous"

So I got chased off that idea.

Do I just use a shorter needle and inject like it's an insulin injection into body fat?

It would certainly eliminate the problem of scarring.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Captq

You may want to read this interesting recent presentation at a conference:

Parathyroidectomy in men with primary hyperparathyroidism may be associated with resolution of erectile dysfunction among those who report this condition preoperatively, a small pilot study suggests.
The association between parathyroidectomy and the resolution of erectile dysfunction has not been formally studied before but has been noted anecdotally, Jenny Y Yoo, MD, from the University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, said during her presentation at the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons (AAES) 2015 Annual Meeting.
"Our intent in this pilot study was to ask a question not previously investigated and to prompt further interest in this potential relationship," Dr Yoo said.
Asked to comment, Cord Sturgeon, MD, associate professor of surgery at Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, told Medscape Medical News, "It's uninvestigated. It's not something that appears in the textbooks as a resolvable symptom associated with hyperparathyroidism. So, it's exciting that we're seeing for the first time some data in that arena. What it calls for is a more focused evaluation of these symptoms that are not really spoken about, that we as physicians don't understand."
However he cautioned that the data — based on self-report of symptoms and medication use — are preliminary. "When you see data like this…it makes you think we'd better study this in a prospective way with validated tools.…But I think this is something that could be important."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/845134?src=wnl_edit_tpal

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Can't really do much with the total serum numbers that you provided. They "might" give a round about idea where the free serum is sitting (50% of ref range on Total T3), but it's all speculation.

If you don't mind, run Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, and TPO & TgAb antibodies (if they haven't been run?).

I'd rather you take a look at the NDT's as an option to thyroid medication (if needed), but that's just my preference. At least read up on the naturals, and also other T4 only synthetics and/or T3 cytomel. Once we see your free serum & RT3 comparison, let's see how you feel and where you are looking to go.

captq

Chris Thanks for taking a look.

My Endo referred to this as a "full panel" lol guess we are missing a few things.

OK I'll get those from my doc and post the results when I get them.

I bought but was not taking when these tests were done the "integrative therapeutics" BMR Complex Thyroid Support Formula are you familiar with this supplement?

And what are NDT's?

Again thanks for the help

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale