High H&H - Lower dose help?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Most recent labs

Hemoglobin 18.39 (13.6-18) High
Hematocrit 56.91 (39.8-52) High
Total Testosterone 810 (250-1100)
Free Testosterone 191.2 (35-155) High

I inject 3x a week for a total of 80 mg per week. Blood was taken the day after an injection. Pretty low dose, but with my Free T that high, is it logical to think that I don't need that much and could drop back some in the hopes of decreasing my H&H? (I donated blood after these results and got it down to 50).

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Donating blood is the only way to bring hematocrit down. The good news is that it seems that after a few months (or over 2 years), there is an adaptive response from the body that makes this problem less of an issue.

Hematocrit may stabilize after long term testosterone replacement

Although this study was done in mice, it may explain why hematocrit may eventually decrease and stabilize in men on TRT. I am one of those men who only went for therapeutic phlebotomy twice. There seems to be an adaptive mechanism that makes red blood cells get change form while hematocrit stabilizes.

Guo W, Bachman E, Vogel J, Li M, Peng L, et al. The Effects of Short-Term and Long-Term Testosterone Supplementation on Blood Viscosity and Erythrocyte Deformability in Healthy Adult Mice. Endocrinology.http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/en.2014-1784

Testosterone treatment induces erythrocytosis that could potentially affect blood viscosity and cardiovascular risk. We thus investigated the effects of testosterone administration on blood viscosity and erythrocyte deformability using mouse models.

Blood viscosity, erythrocyte deformability, and hematocrits were measured in normal male and female mice, as well as in females and castrated males after short-term (2-weeks) and long-term (5-7 months) testosterone intervention (50 mg/kg, weekly).

Castrated males for long-term intervention were studied in parallel with the normal males to assess the effect of long-term testosterone deprivation. An additional short-term intervention study was conducted in females with a lower testosterone dose (5 mg/kg).

Our results indicate no rheological difference among normal males, females, and castrated males at steady-state.

Short-term high dose testosterone increased hematocrit and whole blood viscosity in both females and castrated males. This effect diminished after long-term treatment, in association with increased erythrocyte deformability in the testosterone-treated mice, suggesting the presence of adaptive mechanism.

Considering that cardiovascular events in human trials are seen early after intervention, rheological changes as potential mediator of vascular events warrant further investigation.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me