Supplement To The Step By Step Keto Diet

Buy Lab Tests Online

TwieeR

guys..
how to do proceed with the diet, it does not cover the lingering questions that are asked over and over again in this forum. I will attempt to cover as many lingering questions as possible.

Please don't PM me your personal questions. Please ask them in the thread or in a new topic so everyone can learn.

The following topics are covered and you can find them listed in order.

1 Keto – A brief description
2 Side effects
3 Ratios and Macronutrient tips
4 Carb Up
5 Water
6 Ketostix
7Alcohol
8 Vegetables
9 Pre WO nutrition
10 Post WO nutrition
11 My workout plan (personal advice)
12 Gum
13 Caffeine
14 Diet drinks
15 The “right” age
16 Bulking on the CKD
17 Sugar Alcohols
18 How Many Carbs?
19 Choosing the “Right” Carbs

1 Keto – A brief description
Body fat is a survival mechanism of the body. We use carbohydrates as a primary source for fuel, and in a shortage, we will result to whatever other sources we can use for energy. First we will tap into glycogen, which is stored glucose in our muscles and liver as an emergency source of energy. Once those stores are depleted, the body must turn to another source. What better than our body fat? In eating a high fat, moderate protein, and minimal carbohydrate diet, we can get our body into the mode for burning fat and include these principles in a caloric deficit plan in order to stimulate the body to metabolize adipose tissue.

2 Side Effects – What happens?
Many tend to get bad breath, bad smelling urine, and/or yellow/neon colored urine. You will most likely find yourself urinating more frequently. Upon transitioning when entering the diet into ketosis, one may feel slow or sluggish as the transition takes place then as ketosis is achieved normal energy levels shall return. Some people claim they feel “dumb” for a while when first transitioning into the diet; it’s only your body transitioning on the fuel it uses. Others feel more focused and able to concentrate when in phase with Keto. Upon exiting Ketosis, some people feel bloated, tired, or sometimes a little sick to the stomach. To prevent the latter, read in the section in this article about carbing up. It’s perfectly fine to feel tired upon transitioning into Ketosis or carbing up. Not all of these apply to everyone, hence side effects.

3 Ratios and Macronutrient tips
The Step by Step Keto Diet Plan thread details the intake your body will need for this diet. The typical ratio for this diet is outlined at 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carbs. The working ballpark ranges are about so: 55-65% fat, 30-40% protein, and 5-10% carbs. The diet should be modified for your needs as time goes by.

Adjusting your ratios
-If you feel low on energy, up your fat intake a little bit and reduce protein intake a little bit.
-If you feel that your recovery time is slow, increase your protein a little bit, and lower your fat a little bit.
-If you feel you are unable to concentrate, are losing focus, or feeling lightheaded, up your carbohydrate intake a minor amount, and reduce where ever else you feel able to.

Remember, it’s still a diet, so while you may be following strict eating habits on limiting carbs and in taking more calories from fat and protein, at the end of the day it’s calories in versus calories out. More calories in than more calories expended equals weight gain.

4 The Carb-Up – differs from person to person.
The carb up is very subjective to the person dieting. It varies from person to person. Many find they must eat a strict diet to prevent regain. Others find this is an excellent opportunity to have whatever they want for the entire period and not regain any weight. What’s most important is moderation and counting protein. Avoid binging yet make sure you eat sufficient amounts of carbs and your adequate protein levels. A tip before beginning the carb up is to eat a couple fruits an hour or two before hand. This is mentioned in the Step by Step article but is not nearly stressed enough. I’ve found skipping this will usually lead to upset stomach or food coma (too many carbs all at once causing high levels of insulin cause you to take a nap)

5 Water – Especially important on a Ketogenic diet
You will tend to find yourself more dehydrated on this diet simply because when ketones are utilized they require water to be removed from the body. One will find that they are urinating more often while on this diet due to water depletion. Water levels vary from person to person, the recommended dosage of water a day is approximately 1 gallon (I’d say at the least). When in Ketosis, the darkness or lightness of the hue on your test strip will tell you if you are drinking adequate amounts of water. Dark purple means you should be drinking more water.

6 Ketostix – All you need to know about them
Ketostix are urine analysis strips that detect traces of ketones in the urine. They can be purchased at your local pharmacy or drug store. As long as you have a trace when testing, your body is utilizing ketones and fat is being broken down. The scale on the bottle is merely the concentration of ketones detected. If you read dark purple, it surely must be because you aren’t drinking enough water. As long as you have any trace you can be sure you are in Ketosis since the body removes excess through the urine, it could very well be possible that ketones are in your body but not being expelled or production may have halted (insulin spike from high amounts of carbs for example).

7 Alcohol – Can I have it?
While alcohol isn’t the best thing to drink when doing any kind of dieting, cutting or bulking, we sometimes like to have it. Remember, your body will first get rid of alcohol before it begins to repair your muscles. My only advice to you is not to go crazy. Alcohol is still calories—7 calories per gram that is. While alcohol seems to not significantly affect your diet, it’s probably best to stay away from it or not to drink it too often. One must remember that alcohol is a poison and the body will stop all other processes to begin expelling the toxin from the body. If you are serious about dieting, alcohol will be avoided in all cases.

8 Vegetables – Essential to a Ketogenic Diet
In my opinion vegetables should be included in ALL types of diets. Cutting, bulking, and even maintaining. There are loads of benefits from eating these! They are low calorie fillers, they have the fiber we need, vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and phytochemicals. Not to mention scientists find a possible connection that they are inhibitors to cancer! What more can we ask for? Eat them all up. Eat a variety. They’re good for you. Do what your mother told you! Eat them as salads, even better! Load that olive oil or fatty dressing you love. It can only help you on this diet. Not only that, since we restrict carbohydrate intake, we usually see less fiber in our daily choices of foods. In order to include more fiber in our diets, we must include vegetables not only for fiber, but for all the reasons mentioned above!

9 Pre Workout – nutrition
While some find it productive, and others find it counter-productive, you must really try new things to discover what works best for you. Through experimentation and applying a tiny bit of the TKD concept, I usually consume 10-15g complex carbs about 30 minutes prior to my workout and have found it gives me the oomph I need to hit it hard. Add protein to it if you’d like. Others say that when this happens, they feel bloated and unable to concentrate. It really depends on your sensitivity and experimentation. You need to play with the diet to get it to work the best for you.

10 Post Workout – nutrition
Post workout you should consume protein and carbohydrates. Add approximately 10-15g of simple sugar (dextrose works best) or a 15-20g mixture of both simple and complex to your shake. It really depends on the person taking it. You need to discover your tolerance to insulin response. Sometimes jumping to the upper levels of the PWO carbs will kick you out of ketosis. Gradually work your sensitivity. For beginners, I would highly suggest starting out at around 8g carbs PWO, and gradually working up to the desired range. Try to avoid fat after your workout and allow your PWO shake to digest and then have a meal with all the fat you’d like (but of course follow your plan!).

11 My Workout plan – Just a suggestion
While a workout plan is stated for you in the step by step article, the way I’ve had tremendous success is the following. I usually begin Keto phase on Sunday and end on Friday noon. Sunday I would begin with my weakest body parts as far as resistance training goes, then do 25-30 minutes of med-high intensity cardio on the stationary bike with high resistance. Depending on the intensity of my workout that day, I would see traces of ketones the following morning. Then, I would proceed to doing weights for the rest of the week with 20min cardio at least every other day. With my plan mentioned, its main goal is to get into ketosis as soon as possible to begin fat burning and then use the rest of the days for resistance training and some cardio. My real plan is much more intense, but what I have described may be sufficient for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale