Should I take N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC) while on testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Should one take extra zinc and copper while taking Nac? Been reading that it can cause the body to become deficient in minerals and vitamins but my liver enzymes are slightly elevated . Also will Nac affect how the body absorbs supplements and medications?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
[h=2]European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
October 1990, Volume 39, Issue 1, pp 29-31

Does N-acetylcysteine increase the excretion of trace metals (calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc and copper) when given orally?

Summary[/b]N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) is known to decrease the exacerbation rate in patients with chronic bronchitis. It has also been shown that NAC has both an oxygen-radical scavenger and a heavy-metal chelating effect in high intravenous doses. In a study lasting 5 weeks, 10 healthy volunteers were treated with NAC 200 mg t. d. s. for two weeks. The concentrations of trace metals (Ca, Mg, Fe, Zn & Cu) in plasma were measured weekly and daily in a morning spot urine during the investigation.
No significant change in plasma concentration or excretion was found during the two weeks of treatment, implying that additional administration of trace metals is unnecessary for patients treated perorally with a therapeutic dose of NAC.

Not trying to sound stupid here just trying to learn. The study you showed was using 200 mg dosage. So just make sure I'm interpreting this correctly 1200 mg orally daily long term shouldn't increase my need to supplement zinc or affect my bodies abilities to absorb medications? Thanks again for always providing valuable education to all of us on trt.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Sportsfan8724

That is a good question not researched so far.

I take 1200 mg per day and have not seen problems with medications I take.

The effect on zinc is unknown. It would be nice to test it before and after to be certain.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me