Can Losartan decrease high hematocrit caused by testosterone replacement?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bambi

Losartan and Olmesartan

I started on Olmesartan about three years ago. No digestive issues. One thing I noted and yet no Physicians take note of it: After I started on Olmesartan, I started rapid weight gain. 42 lbs in two years. I am now on lorsartan, which I switched over to for pleiotrophic benefits.

One question and it may deserve a different thread : Statins. Lipitor tore up my muscles, Livalo was better but after two months I grew intolerant of it. I tried some of my wifes Pravastatan and it seems better. I have spent awhile researching it, Fluvastatin seems good (on paper) and almost no muscle side effects - Any inputs on statins ?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
My PCP has me on 4mg of Doxazosin for borderline HBP I also always have high Hematocrit 53.3 levels
I've been donating blood constantly for many years
Wonder would it be a good idea to ask my PCP to switch me over to Losartan instead ?
The 4mgs of Doxazosin don't seem to be working to great and really lowering my BP

Worth a try. Have you switched? Thanks

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Anabolic effect of blood pressure drug losartan due to myostatin inhibition

Sometimes people who use blood pressure drugs become a little fitter and stronger. Some - not all - blood pressure drugs seem to inhibit the break down of muscle tissue as well. Danish researchers, who studied the effect of blood pressure medication losartan on the muscles in healthy men, have found out the mechanism behind the muscle-strengthening effect of this drug: losartan is a myostatin inhibitor.

Losartan & muscles

Anabolic effect of blood pressure drug losartan due to myostatin inhibition
Losartan lowers blood pressure by blocking the angiotensin II receptor type 1 [AT1R]. That receptor is, as the name implies, intended for angiotensin II, a blood pressure-increasing protein that the body itself produces.

More here

You discuss that that with your GP. Since I take telmisartan in the morning and its effect will fade away until the next morning I take a calcium channel blocker at night (Amoidipine 5mg).

HealthMan

Out of everyone here only the OP mentioned losartan reduced their hematocrit.

Who else has run losartan and can vouch for it?
I have use losartan and telmisartan and they did nothing to my hematocrit. Same for metformin. Only thing that lowered my hematocrit was testosterone dose reduction

Chewy55

Out of everyone here only the OP mentioned losartan reduced their hematocrit.

Who else has run losartan and can vouch for it?
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to say how Losartan worked for me. My hematorcrit was 57 so I donated blood and that brought it down to 50.6. Let's just say donating wasn't a pleasant experience so I wanted to avoid doing it again. I went on Losartan three months ago. So just using losartan and no blood donations my last blood draw last week my hematocrit was 48.8.

Match

According to what I read on the same site quoted about Losatan and muscles, Creatine also blocks myostatin, favoring more muscles

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me