Alcohol after strength training...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I remember reading a story...or possible "myth"...regarding Arnold and Franco consuming large quantities of beer post workout. Of course, these guys were taking outside androgens so they did not necessarily have to worry about dropping T. I would imagine the benefit comes from the rapid uptake of alcohol+sugar into the surrounding tissues which promote a "glycogen"- like effect on the muscles. Not to mention the decrease in post WO pain.

Interesting data on the possibility that alcohol destroys androgen receptors therefore the reason for higher T concentrations during the observation.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I like my alcohol and probably have a bit more than the average guy and it has never effected my blood work or workouts in any way.

I have read studies where they concluded that drinking alcohol and smoking had no effect on suppressing androgen levels.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Gene

I like my Patron, but I take it with the knowledge that I monitor my estradiol/testosterone and supplement my testosterone

http://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056/NEJM197610072951501

Effect of Alcohol (Ethanol) Administration on Sex-Hormone Metabolism in Normal Men

Abstract

To determine whether ethanol per se affects testosterone metabolism, alcohol was administered to normal male volunteers for periods up to four weeks, resulting in an initial dampening of the episodic bursts of testosterone secretion followed by decreases in both the mean plasma concentration and the production rate of testosterone. The volunteers received adequate nutrition and none lost weight during the study, which tended to exclude a nutritional disturbance as the cause of the decreased testosterone levels. The changes in plasma luteinizing hormone suggested both a central (hypothalamus-pituitary) and gonadal effect of alcohol. In addition, alcohol consumption increased the metabolic clearance rate of testosterone in most subjects studied, probably owing to the combined effects of a decreased plasma binding capacity for the androgen and increased hepatic testosterone A-ring reductase activity. These results indicate that alcohol markedly affects testosterone metabolism independently of cirrhosis or nutritional factors. (N Engl J Med 295:793–797, 1976)

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa26.htm

Alcohol and Hormones

Alcohol is directly toxic to the testes, causing reduced testosterone levels in men. In a study of normal healthy men who received alcohol for 4 weeks, testosterone levels declined after only 5 days and continued to fall throughout the study period (17). Prolonged testosterone deficiency may contribute to a "femininization" of male sexual characteristics, for example breast enlargement (18).
In addition, animal studies have shown that acute alcohol administration affects the release of hormones from the hypothalamus and pituitary (5). Even without a detectable reduction of testosterone levels, changes in these hormones can contribute to the impairment of male sexual and reproductive functions (19). Alcohol also may interfere with normal sperm structure and movement by inhibiting the metabolism of vitamin A (20), which is essential for sperm development.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1530-0277.2001.tb02361.x/abstract
"Conclusions: We have demonstrated that EtOH can directly inhibit muscle protein synthesis under in vitro conditions. Neither EtOH nor its metabolites altered basal protein degradation, although EtOH did compromise the ability of both insulin and IGF-I to slow proteolysis. This impairment seems to be mediated by different defects in signal transduction."

in other words: don't drink within 3 days of your last workout if you want maximal muscle growth

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me