Managing hematocrit levels with red blood cell donation

Buy Lab Tests Online

bigfred32

I gave blood today to manage my HEMO, but the nurse at red cross was trying to explain a red blood cell filter called ALYX system where they filter your blood just removing the red cells and returning your whole blood back.

You can only give blood every 120 days with this instead of the standard 60 or so.

They apparently take double the amount of red cells, effectively lowering HEMO greatly. I seem to have a blood type in demand for this so the were asking me to do it.

It takes alittle longer to due and I didn't have the time today so I just did a regular donation, but has anyone tried this and is it worth the extra time involved by stretching out the number of donations a year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Midnight

Hello BigFred - I donated double red cells for the first time approximately 4 months ago. I am due for another donation and will continue donating using this method. It's much more convenient, because you only need to donate 3 times per year. I also had a good feeling after the donation, since they not only return your whole blood back to you, but it is also mixed with a bag of saline, which actually made me feel more energized and less dehydrated. I'd recommend that you give it a shot next time and I think you'll be pleased with the results. I was told this form of donation is much better for the recipient as well, since there will potentially be less donors needed.

DS431

Will double red donations work better for reducing Hematocrit levels? I'm scheduled to donate double red on 21 March.

My mistake, the above entries dated 26 and 28 Feb pretty much answered my question. I'll read more previous posts before posting questions again. Thank you BigFred32 and Midnight for posting.

Last edited:

Markee

Just wondering if there is any direct evidence or even research showing that donating double red cells is more beneficial to managing Polycythemia or TRT induced Polycythemia then standard donations ?

jimithing

I've donated single units for many years with no issues. I did a double unit one time, felt like crap for a week or so, just really tired mostly and a headache the second day. Im pretty active so I guess that's what was so frustrating for me.

croaker24

I've donated single units for many years with no issues. I did a double unit one time, felt like crap for a week or so, just really tired mostly and a headache the second day. Im pretty active so I guess that's what was so frustrating for me.

Maybe because you tanked your ferritin?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching