Anybody start TRT in the 500's?

Buy Lab Tests Online

mike7

Just curious if anyone started TRT with their total T in the 4 or 500's? What were the results in terms of how you felt before and after?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
There are no clinical guidelines on what Testosterone serum levels need to be in order to start TRT.

If there are symptoms of Hypogonadism in a middle aged man with serum levels in the low 400's may make them a candidate for TRT assuming all other causes of the symptoms have been ruled out.

The fact is, low normal levels in men will only lead to lower levels and the negative health effects that brings so if a good Doctor and Patient know this then it may make sense to start a TRT protocol to get serum levels back to nice youthful levels.

mike7

The fact is, low normal levels in men will only lead to lower levels and the negative health effects that brings so if a good Doctor and Patient know this then it may make sense to start a TRT protocol to get serum levels back to nice youthful levels.
That's the line of reasoning that I've come up with. My levels will continue to fall and I'm just wondering who else has started TRT in a similar predicament and what their results were?

Total testosterone: 524 ng/dl (241 - 827)
Free testosterone: 76.2 (46 - 224)

I've had some say my levels should be fine and others recommend TRT... I'm kind of in the no man's land of being not quite "low", although I have quite a few symptoms, and being able to keep going on what I'm producing naturally. Middle of the road is a tough place to be.

mike7

If your BMI is over 27 (not because of muscle but fat), decreasing weight is the best way to increase testosterone when you start at the mid range.

Calculate Your Body Mass Index
According to that my BMI is 25 (6' 3" 200lbs). I'm in pretty good shape, lift weights and train BJJ, but carry a little fat around my belly and lower back/love handles.

My guess would be around 15% body fat from looking at chart pictures and comparing myself to what they show.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
mike7

If your score is low in this questionnaire and high on ADAM, I would talk to your doctor about TRT.

http://defymedical.com/services/sexual-health/326

ADAM questionnaire about symptoms of low testosterone
(Androgen Deficiency in the Aging Male)

This basic questionnaire can be very useful for men to describe the kind and severity of their low testosterone symptoms.

1. Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)? Yes No
2. Do you have a lack of energy? Yes No
3. Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance? Yes No
4. Have you lost height? Yes No
5. Have you noticed a decreased "enjoyment of life" Yes No
6. Are you sad and/or grumpy? Yes No
7. Are your erections less strong? Yes No
8. Have you noticed a recent deterioration in your ability to play sports? Yes No
9. Are you falling asleep after dinner? Yes No
10. Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance? Yes No

If you answered Yes to number 1 or 7 or if you answer Yes to more than 3 questions, you may have low Testosterone.

Smokin Joe

mike7, I started TRT at a total T of 515 and a free T of 7.0.
While on TRT my Free T went to 14.5 and my total T around 700.
I felt great.
I had to come off for a while and now I am back at 517 total and 7.0 free T.
By late afternoon I feel like crap.
I have finally made up my mind that I am going to have a biopsy though my PSA was recently 2.0 after a spike of 10.4.
Personal choice but I think the TRT is worth it especially after you have experinced the benefits.
Good Luck.

mike7

mike7, I started TRT at a total T of 515 and a free T of 7.0.
While on TRT my Free T went to 14.5 and my total T around 700.
I felt great.
I had to come off for a while and now I am back at 517 total and 7.0 free T.
By late afternoon I feel like crap.
I have finally made up my mind that I am going to have a biopsy though my PSA was recently 2.0 after a spike of 10.4.
Personal choice but I think the TRT is worth it especially after you have experinced the benefits.
Good Luck.
I'm new to this and all the different measurement, scales, etc. Would converting my free test to that level come in at 7.62? Are there any type of age ranges for free test like there are for total?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Free Testosterone is just a percentage of the total Testosterone that is available for receptors to use. The score is dependent upon the Total amount.

mike7

Free Testosterone is just a percentage of the total Testosterone that is available for receptors to use. The score is dependent upon the Total amount.

Gotcha. I figured out where I'm at on each scale in terms of a percentage. Neither one look great to me.

TT = 48%
FT = 16.9%

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale