latest labs high (E2) Levels and high T number

Buy Lab Tests Online

hondadude

Hi all,
I just recently had my latest labs done and my total T level was very high. It made a huge leap from the previous month or so. My total T was 1397 and off hand I can't remember the free T, but the doctor said it was still in normal range.

My Estradiol level was high, I believe it was 42, so they gave me a script for Anastrozole to take 48 hours after weekly injection. I am to take half a 1mg pill once a week.

My live and kidneys functions were normal.

Anyone take these Anastrozole tablets and is there any side-effects? My doctor was sort of shocked at how the number increased so high.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Was the lab the used to measure your estrogen levels the "Sensitive" lab?

If not, and they used the standard default lab, it's designed for women and over estimates values so in reality if you didn't use the "Sensitive" lab you could be in the optimal range and not know it and are using a drug to further lower you estrogen levels...seen this happen many many times.

hondadude

nah, I don't believe it was a sensitive test. it says Roche methodology. I just know it has been increasing every month and been having nipple sensitivity along with bloating/water retention. I haven't taken any yet. You think half a mg per week would cause it to crash that much? I would like to get this bloating under control.

hondadude

Honestly today is the first day I've heard of ultra sensitive test. I should read up more often. I just assume that my doctor would automatically know this stuff. Thanks for the info btw.

I just wonder if I need to go further out than per week on the injections, but if my free T is in normal range then I guess the total number isn't as important. I was doing a 10 day injection, but my Sex Hormone Binding was very high, so that's why we went to the weekly. It has come down.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Definitely need to manage any AI administration by the results of an E2 Sensitive or Ultra-sensitive assay. That other labs are structured for serum levels with females.

hondadude

Thanks all. I have an appointment next week to get the ultrasensitive test. So will see what happens then. Thanks for the information.

I recently dealt with a very similar situation. My E2 spiked when I started HCG. I went from E2 at 20 (Roche) up to 49, gained 14lbs of water, and had sensitive/itchy nips. An OTC diuretic called "Diurex" (from walmart) helped me manage the water retention while my weekly .5mg Anastrozole did it's thing. I had my sensitive testing with Defy. All is extremely good now. Hang in there...

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?3110-E2-Spike-on-HCG-Anastrozole-Dose-s

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me