Whey Protein

Buy Lab Tests Online

OMI100

Vince, Based on your comments I ordered musclefeast.com Premium Blend Protein (Chocolate) 5lbs.
Mike7, True Nutrition's protein site looks interesting. I will call them up Monday and see if they can custom make a batch identical to the musclefeast product. (From an Amazon review: "I found this product from another website that gave it high ratings. Premium Protein Blend consists of three types of protein in equal proportions (1/3 hydrolyzed whey, 1/3 whey isolate, 1/3 micellar casein) that provide fast, medium and slow digestion and utilization rates.")
Will compare cost and taste, etc. then.
I try to get to the gym at lunch during work. I have a 5 LB tub of some protein almost used up in the office.
At home I have been using a double shot with almond milk for breakfast, and I have another late in the evening before bed.
And I ant no young kid:) so gotta do all I can do:)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I rarely examine all the ingredients or analyze, any way, but the Body Fortress brand, I find that at Wal-Mart and I like it, the vanilla/creme has good flavor and mixes easy with little texture of grit and @ $19 is affordable for me. 60g of isolate and 9g of BCAAs works well enough for me that I keep buying it.

OMI100

O.K. Ordered:
1. Muscle Feast - Premium Blend Protein (Chocolate) 5lbs - $70. 00 Prime
33% micellar casein 33% whey protein isolate 33% hydrolyzed whey protein 1% Lecithin natural flavoring, natural sweeteners

2. True Nutrition custom blend - $93.00 shipped.
Whey ProteinIsolate Cold-Filtration [Milk] (30%)
- HydrolyzedCasein [Milk] (30%)
- MicellarCasein [Milk] (30%)
- CalciumCaseinate [Milk] (10%)
- TrueFlavor™Chocolate Fudge Brownie (Light)
- Plastic Jugw/ Free Scoop

Will see how they taste and do after I get them. One order stays at the house, other order goes to the office...

OMI100

O.K. The Muscle Feast - Premium Blend Protein (Chocolate) 5lbs has bad taste and needed additional sweetener to make it drinkable. That fact was noted on some of the Amazon reviews. I mixed it with almond milk and had it for breakfast at around 0600. Did the trick till 1000 - 1100 in the morning. So it carried me up to lunch.

I still have most of the custom blend as I got side tracked from gym and went the way of eating out:( It also does have a mild after taste but no where near the Muscle Feast product. It mixed well with plain water, but I have a box of powdered milk that will go to the office and I will add some powdered milk to give it a bit more taste next week.

I have almost used up the Muscle Feast so I just ordered:
1. EAS 100% Whey Protein, Chocolate, 5 Pounds
2. Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein, Chocolate Supreme 4 Pound
Total cost $99.00 or $11.00 LB

Will mix them together and mix the whey and casein both together for a combo mix.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Whey is more effective before a workout than after

If you drink a small whey shake before doing a strength workout, your muscles will get more out of it than if you drink the shake after the training session. Sports scientists at the University of Birmingham found evidence of the superior effect of pre-workout shakes when they did experiments with 17 subjects in their twenties.
http://www.ergo-log.com/wheypreorpost.html

mr.clean

Hey guys I have been using Protein Factory for the last couple of years.
Alex the President/Owner is a little different approach to his products.
Like in some of the other threads it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
He has a couple of blends that I like but they sell out fast.
Because of this I end up buying things that are in his blend and mix them my self.
Something that you have to get used to is the taste. These things do not have the taste of all the other supplement companies.
Some of it does not taste great. I mix everything with water and have it within 15 min of my workouts. Then with lunch and a normal dinner with family.
Just recently I have been noticing that I can not eat any dairy products such as cheese and milk. I did not eat alot in the fist place but have noticed that digestion has not been the best. But with these I do not have issue.
www.proteinfactory.com

mr.clean

If your looking for something that is no frills and you get what you pay for and not any filer or other things that most of the supplements vendors put in their products that are not really needed.
Check out proteinfactory.com.
I have used them for the last couple of years. Just a reminder most supplements vendors make their stuff taste great. Alex makes flavors but most of the time I mix mine with water. I think of the body as a fine tuned automobile and we need to put the best things in it to run not a lot of extra fillers that are not needed.
He sells whey that comes from Australia whey from there the cows are not treated with hormones and are only grass fed. I usally like some of the blends that contain bio serum, hydro whey, isolate and also Heliogen Casein . I also like some of his othe products. Decent prices.

I tried some pure whey, no fillers, no flavors, it was wretchedly undrinkable. I tried it needing to get away from some that 5g of sugar per serving, found something decent with 2g that is drinkable.

mr.clean

I usually do a blend from protein factory or mix it with some sweet potato powder. Also came to the conclusion that our body is a fine tuned automobile. Better things we put into it the better off it is. The problem is the taste buds get in the way. If we can get past that the better off.
One of the toughest protein drink that I every had to do was Salmon protein. Chocolate flavored. I ended up mixing it with some Oat powder and it took some of the sting out of it but choked it down:p

THROWBACK

I have been a client of proteinfactory.com since they opened shop over 10yrs. ago. Alex is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to the ins and outs of the industry. I trust his powders 100%. I prefer the native whey isolate and the New Zealand whey isolate. During my largest years size wise I would sometimes consume a pound of whey isolate on top of my 4-6 meals a day. They were extremely clean and easy for me to digest.

I have never used Advocare products. Here is a place that you can check out lab testing results on numerous commercial proteins that are on the market.

Paul

THROWBACK

Sorry about not posting the lab link that tests protein powders in the above post. I only had 3 post and I got an alert that let me know that I had to have 4 post before posting links. Anyhow..I think it should work now.

This place tests numerous protein powders as well as other supplements and post the results on their site:
https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Paul

I have not been lifting after a couple of setbacks. Namely I kept tweaking my hamstring trying to do HIIT sprints. I've stayed off of it for a couple of weeks outside of shooting hoops. Instead I've been doing a morning 4 mile fasted walk.

I have been trimming a bit anyway even with the long walk.

I have IsoPure Zero Carb I assume that with lifting, I want to do the same thing as when I walk. First thing in the morning, with nothing except a glass of water Pre-Workout. Bear in mind I still have weight to lose and eat ketogenic anyway but everything I've read says that Protein also causes an insulin spike so the advantage to the fasted walk, should hold true for the lifting I'd assume. That is I might not lift as much weight, or be able to go as hard in a fasted state, but it would seem to be better for fat loss an I correct?

I've not been taking shakes but I assume even with relatively high T I should take one of those two-scoop 50G servings of Isopure after lifting? I am guessing the insulin spike Post-Workout is offset by the benefits of the Protein for recovery?

Or should I wait to take Protein until after I reach my weight-loss goals?

THROWBACK

Maybe switch over to a micellar casein if you get to much of an insulin spike with whey iso. I would consume protein after lifting for certain. That would help retain the muscle while trying to drop fat.

Paul

I seem to like Optimum Nutrition brand of Whey, I ordered a bottle from Legion, they're Whey+ and it's almost wretchedly undrinkable, I won't order that again, especially at $40, 2lbs. Still looking for great taste and less sugar which may be a fantasy, but some def taste better than others.

mr.clean

Hey guys
I have been using this guy protein for the last couple years. He does have a lot of info at his site.
I like his protein blends and they all mix with water. His Blends with beef are interesting. I usually create my own blend.
He now has this
http://proteinfactory.com/product/3xl-cinnabun/

I try to create mine with little Casein that actually has a little longer digestion. I usually consume after workout in a window of 15 min and drink on the way to work.

Vince you make like the bio-serum-1

Nelson I just finished watching the video you posted from Jerry and saw this earlier in the thread. How much of this do you supplement? Post Workout? Do you take the whole two-scoops? This is what I was using before I stopped and restarted. When I restarted I wasn't taking Protein and ended up tweaking my handstring twice doing wind sprints so I've been laying off for 3-4 weeks while I was waiting to get greenlighted to go back on Test.

On the one hand he mentions a lot of additives being junk but at the same time he was high on Leucine which this contains (among many others). I was a relative beginner but was seemingly adding some nice muscle when lifting and I'm starting to think this stuff was just as important as the Testosterone (i.e. taking T does not alleviate a need for Protein)

Two servings per day (one close to post-workout) would yield 100g of Protein and maybe between 50-75 if there is some junk but at 6'1" 240 and needing to lose some fat I would assume I would be somewhere around 150g per day or am I off.

I don't see anyone talking, specifically, of undenatured whey. I've been studying the simple fact that my ON Whey get's my hear racing...palpitations and increased heart rate. Related or not I've recently twice for the first-time in my life, had high (146) BP readings.
Studying how these are produced the heat and chemicals resulting in a MSG (like) or Glutamine(?) acid content that can aggravate people. Once I started googling "high heart rate + whey", there's a lot of hits there that make for interesting reading.
Reading then the undenatured is a cold filter process that doesn't destroy and breakdown things through heat/pasteurization, and so forth. I'm going to have to try an undenatured variety, these palpitations aren't, comfortable. For awhile I was thinking, sugar, sugar/sweetners are aggravating....maybe that's just part of the problem.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me