Whey Protein

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

covino33

Two of my meals are Whey protein isolate(I am lactose intolerant) and a 2-3 tbsp. of mac nut oil...

I follow a low carb diet...

I have been hearing whey protein causes insulin to raise is this true or will the fat from the oil minimize that?

ERO

Whey protein does cause insulin to rise, but the protein insulin spikes are also followed by a big glucagon spike - insulin's anti-hormone - so it's a much different reaction than eating a bowl of pasta.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Everything You Need To Know About Protein

People like to argue about fats and carbs.

However, almost everyone agrees that protein is important.

But what exactly is protein? How much protein do you really need? And does protein timing matter?

Those are just a few of the things you're about to discover in this extensive, research based protein guide.

Download report here: http://muscleforreal.com/protein/

masfield

man, this whole macro nutrients thing is uber confusing. regarding the link nelson posted, the paper suggests that anywhere b/ 70 and 120 g protein is plenty for a 160 lb person. and it cites studies to buttress this statement. but go elsewhere and you'll find 160 g recommended for a 160 lb person, with studies that'll support that amount too. and there are studies recommending higher amounts, too.
what conclusions can we draw from this? that nobody really knows nothing?
yesterday for the first time in decades i ate exactly what one study said to eat for my 170 lb needs, with adding a little mass factored in:
170 g protein
50 g fat
278 g carb
and now i'm being told that's all wrong?
maybe the only thing to do is pick a couple o numbers, stick with them and to hell with the rest. that said, it sure would be nice if we could all just get along.

j4ever

man, this whole macro nutrients thing is uber confusing. regarding the link nelson posted, the paper suggests that anywhere b/ 70 and 120 g protein is plenty for a 160 lb person. and it cites studies to buttress this statement. but go elsewhere and you'll find 160 g recommended for a 160 lb person, with studies that'll support that amount too. and there are studies recommending higher amounts, too.
what conclusions can we draw from this? that nobody really knows nothing?
yesterday for the first time in decades i ate exactly what one study said to eat for my 170 lb needs, with adding a little mass factored in:
170 g protein
50 g fat
278 g carb
and now i'm being told that's all wrong?
maybe the only thing to do is pick a couple o numbers, stick with them and to hell with the rest. that said, it sure would be nice if we could all just get along.

I would not sweat it to much, IMO most people would do just fine at 1g protein per lb of bodyweight, just eat a good meal plan structured for your goals and train consistently.

masfield

pretty good common sense stuff. but again you can see why the common man, ie me, gets so confused. i like that aa boils it down to desired weight. but, gee, it's so ridiculous that his charts express protein needs in g / kg, when everyone in the audience only thinks in terms of g / lb and even AA switches in his talk from kg to lb like their interchangeable. just adds to the confusion, at least for pea brains like me it does. thanks for the post, tho :)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me