Why is 200 mg/wk the "upper limit" for TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

JQ88

Hey Gallan... Are you splitting up your injections?

100mg (2x/wk) puts my trough at 900 as well... Although I am low shbg and sensitive to Estradoil.

I like 100mg (2x/wk). It's a solid dose. Done playing around with 16mg daily and shit like that.

I definitely need an AI. Labs and how I feel will determine if it's 2x/wk, e3d, or MWF (.25mg).

But I'm staying right here!

We're you ever on an AI?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

gallan

Banned
Hey Gallan... Are you splitting up your injections?

100mg (2x/wk) puts my trough at 900 as well... Although I am low shbg and sensitive to Estradoil.

I like 100mg (2x/wk). It's a solid dose. Done playing around with 16mg daily and shit like that.

I definitely need an AI. Labs and how I feel will determine if it's 2x/wk, e3d, or MWF (.25mg).

But I'm staying right here!

We're you ever on an AI?

Yes..I do 100mg twice a week and any amount of anastrozole(even the smallest dose) crashes my estradiol.

JQ88

Great stuff man.

Do you know your shbg figure???

Adex always crashed me as well.

But I actually don't think it will at 100mg (2x/wk).

I'm guessing your shbg is >25

I could be wrong.

JQ88

Haha NOOOOOO.

You're fine.

It's just that lower shbg guys are more sensitive to estrogen as they have more free t and free e floating around.

For example I am low shbg and 900 TT takes my free t Above range but Estradoil complications come with it.

I'm gonna start at .25mg twice a week and see where it takes me.

I love the benefits from 200mg/wk and will deal with a little AI if that's the price I pay.

mike7

I think all of you guys would enjoy reading this study that found that 125 mg per week (Total blood level of testosterone of 542 ng/dL) is the lowest dose needed to achieve statistically significant decreases in fat mass and increases in lean body mass. Of course, if you use 100 mg per week of TRT plus HCG, this combo MAY equate to 125 mg per week (speculative).

Responses of different doses of testosterone injections on body composition, strength, etc.
They had a big jump going from 50mg to 125mg and then on to 300. Interesting study... Maybe it's time I upped my dosage from 100mg/week.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
OP update:

Here are the salient results from my labs taken 1/20/15 after 1 year on TRT with a weekly protocol (split Mon/Fri) of 200 mg. test cypionate, 1000 iu HCG, 1 mg. arimidex, plus 1-2 pumps per day of Androgel (the last five months), and the occasional week of 300 mg. test cyp (when I've got surplus from under-injecting at the end of a 10 week cycle).

Total test: 1202 ng/dL [ref range 348-1197]
Free test: 28.5 pg/mL [ref range 7.2-24.0]
PSA: 0.6 ng/mL [ref range 0.0 - 4.0]

Cortisol: 4.0 ug/dL [ref range 2.3-19.4]

DHEA-Sulfate: 302.4 ug/dL [ref range 71.6-375.4]
Vitamin D, 25-hydroxy: 105.0 ng/mL [ref range 30.0-100.0]
IGF-1: 162 ng/mL (last year 174) [ref range 67-205]

Total cholesterol: 199 mg/dL
LDL-P: 1830 nmol/dL (last year 2363)
LDL-C: 126 mg/dL (last year 165)
Small LDL-P: 831 (last year 837)
HDL-C: 44 mg/dL (last year 48)
HDL-S: 30.3 umol/L

Homocysteine: 7.1 umol/L (last year 7.4) [ref range 0.0 - 15.0]
C-Reactive Protein: 0.50 mg/L (same as last year) [ref range 0.00 - 3.00]
Hemoglobin: 17.4 g/dL [ref range 12.6 - 17.7]
Hematocrit: 51.1 [ref range 37.5 - 51.0] [gave blood after lab tests]
Hemoglobin Alc: 5.1 (last year 5.3) [ref range 4.8 - 5.6]

Glucose, serum: 81 mg/dL (last year 98) [ref range 65-99]
Insulin, fasting: 10.3 uIU/mL (last year 19.1) [ref range 2.6- 24.9]

TSH: 0.013 uIU/mL [ref range 0.450-4.5]
T4, free: 1.11 ng/dL [ref range 0.82-1.77]
Triiodthyronine [T3], free, serum: 5.0 pg/mL [ref range 2.0 - 4.4]

Where are your E2 Sensitive and SHBG labs?

Although they are a minority, some men are hyper metabolizers of drugs and may require TRT doses in the range of 225-300 mg per week. I have met a few of these men.Are you a fast metabolizer of medicines?
Excellent point.

Some men are what we call Hypermetabolizers, and some are Hyperexcreters (into the urine). But we handle this by using various strategies in the TRT regimen, such as shorter dosing intervals, and using shots instead of gels (although--as always--everyone is different).

The only way to tell is some one is a Hypermetabolizer or Hyperexcreter is through evaluation of a 24 hour urine panel, such as the one I use from Rhein Consulting Laboratories.

Vitamin_C

H&H are right near the top end of the ranges. Need to keep an eye on those. And that TSH level has to be a mistake because that would indicate some serious thyroidtoxicosis .

Last edited:

Leno78

Here is the email I got from my doctor about this
"The total amount of testosterone per ML is 250mg. At 1.5ml, you would be getting 375mg of testosterone (300mg of testosterone cypionate and 75mg of testosterone propionate)."

Sound like a lot to me for a 1st timer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale