Are you tired even with normal testosterone? Adrenal fatigue may be the problem.

Buy Lab Tests Online

ERO

What was your DHEA-S level at the time you started taking DHEA? Mine is: DHEA-S 213.6 MCG/DL range = 48 - 244 at the high end of the range. Not sure if I'd be getting getting to much and the harm, if any. What were you taking for both?

Lastly, have you since retested your Cortisol to see if this protocol made a difference (other than your sleep patterns)?

I do take a sleeping me when I just can't sleep (and I try to avoid taking them at all costs). And I also take an antidepressant - Viibryd .30 mg daily.

I did re-test cortisol and now my highest level is morning or mid-day instead of at night. My DHEA-S level before supplementation was at the bottom of the normal range and now it is mid to upper quartile. I just take 25mgs once a day with dinner to help control a nighttime cortisol spike. You will see some clinics swear that one cannot absorb DHEA from pills or capsules and that you should use a trans-dermal instead, but that seems to vary from person to person like everything else. I can raise my levels quite easily with pills, but I am sure for some folks, pills don't work very well or maybe not at all.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Will Brink

4-Tube Cortisol-Salivary

ABOUT THIS TEST

This test for adrenal insufficiency includes 4 measurement during a single day of your salivary Cortisol level. Cortisol, also known as the "stress hormone" can be either too high or too low which may be a sign of adrenal distress. This is a take home kit.

I need to do this test some time myself.

driscojf

I had all the symptoms of low T so I started HRT with Defy about a year and a half ago. It definitely helped me quite a bit, but I still felt something was missing. My mood improved but my libido was still pretty low and I still didn't feel the zest for life was what it once was. A few months ago I did the cortisol salivary test and it showed stage 2 adrenal fatigue. I began taking Ashwaghanda, and almost right away felt a difference. The lesson for me in all of this is that you have to educate yourself and be willing to try different things relative to exercise, blood work, supplements etc. Excel Male has been a great resource for this. I've got some good stuff from Will Brink's site as well!

SomeG

Can't wait to check this out.

A year into TRT and stronger and healthier... and about 4 months into treatment for hypothyroidism... At age 42, I almost feel like I have my life back... Mornings, especially.

Still have adrenal issues to deal with -high cortisol levels that strangely seem to only show up in salivary tests, but not blood tests or urine.... Has anyone heard of this?

Thankfully, I have a primary care doctor, a urologist, and an endocrinologist that help together on all this now.

ERO

Have you tried off-setting your high cortisol with DHEA? I had late night cortisol spikes causing insomnia but now I take DHEA before bed or with dinner and it has solved the issues a good 95+% of the time. You can check DHEA-S via blood test and a good starting dose is often 25 mg AM and 25 mg PM. Micronized DHEA is typically better absorbed.

SomeG

Thanks.

I forgot about DHEA. Will try that.

The other things that have been helping recently have been meditation, running, lifting, and an herb called ashwagandha. Ashwagandha is supposedly and adaptogen that acts as a buffer to stress responses. It took a couple weeks of it to feel any different-it's slight but noticeably helps.

Sakuraba39

Be careful as over-exercising could exacerbate your adrenal fatigue. Your adrenals/CNS don't know the difference between stress from exercise, sex, or the bank foreclosing on your house (eustress/distress).

raulman554

definitely. In this world we have to be aware of what we do with our body.

Excellent information. And is in need of it.
definitely. In this world we have to be aware of what we do with our body.

Ashwagandha increases DHEA in the body.
Maca Root boosts libido.
Bacopa boosts memory.
Mucuna Prierens boosts Dopamine.
Curcumin boosts Dopamine and Serotonin.
Bioperin boosts bioavailability of ingested herbs.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me