Are you tired even with normal testosterone? Adrenal fatigue may be the problem.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
View attachment 1164

Adrenal fatigue is a collection of signs and symptoms called a functional somatic syndrome where there are imbalances that cause the reserve present in the adrenal gland to be depleted below the necessary level. When evaluating healthy adults, some studies have found that 40 percent of people 60 years of age or older may present with what is called stage 3 adrenal deficiency and depression.

Overall , adrenal fatigue is going to affect most people during the course of their lifetime. Signs and symptoms include feeling tired, run down, difficulty getting up, feeling depleted in the morning and feeling more energetic at the end of the day. Many people use caffeine as an antidote to help to deal with this problem.

The adrenal glands produce both cortisol and DHEA. Cortisol is going to be a catabolic hormone and DHEA is going to be an anabolic hormone. As we see as stressors increase, there is a decrease in the production of DHEA and an increase in the production of cortisol, so less anabolic "pump you up" and more catabolic "tear you down" hormone levels.

When stressors appear, the classic fight or flight response makes your cortisol levels to go up and then over time they come back down. But as we experience chronic stressors that go on for long periods of time, those cortisol levels stay elevated so they don't drop back into normal range. This extended increase in cortisol levels eventually fatigues the adrenal glands, so they start producing less cortisol. With less morning time cortisol, our energy levels are impaired. Cortisol imbalances also affect how your thyroid gland works in ways that worsen fatigue symptoms.

Watch this training video on how to interpret cortisol and DHEA saliva testing. You will find it extremely useful.

https://www.gdx.net/learngdx/clinical-concerns/adrenal-fatigue

Attachments

• adrenal thyroid axis.jpg
    adrenal thyroid axis.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 4,003
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Will TRT affect the cortisol/DHEA values in this saliva test ?
Does the testosteron have an feedback in the "hormoncascade" ?
I would like to order one of these testkits, as i might suspect adrenal fatigue for being reason
for my initial low T.
Can someone tell my how the test is done ? I live in Norway.

Nelson

I definitely got into this hole with adrenal fatigue etc.

The definition by Dr. Marino "hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis dysregulation" seems more accurate and definitely hits on my situation.

Even after treatment and marked improvement in symptoms.....my feeling, both for myself and others, is that once body is conditioned to be stressed it tends to want to stay there even when the stressors have been mitigated to a large degree.

How does one tune themselves down when after many many years of being stressed.....it has just become their natural state.

Tried therapy and meditation.....it had modest at best results For a type A non-artsy person it tends not to be logical nor comfortable.

SomeG

Nelson,

Thanks for this.

High cortisol (27.89 ug/dL), low testosterone (250 ng/dl) , and relatively high prolactin (19.9) and TSH (3.730 uIU/mL) were all 'flagged' by my first blood tests done by my primary care doctor and my endocrinologist, and yet neither was willing to do anything for me (nothing at all.. as an aside, can you imagine female HRT patients being shunned /ignored like this?? .).

It took a third doctor (urologist) to finally take my concerns seriously...

--cabergoline has already helped with some libido related issues.

I am also hoping that the HCG monotherapy treatment (with an AI only if I alert him of breast sensitivity) that I have just started will at least help with my major symptoms of lethargy, low libido, low mood, etc.

depending on how my labs turn out at the start of next month turn out - and how I feel by then. I will definitely bring up cortisol-TSH related issues. [I have already noted that thryoid issues (hypo and hyper) are very common among my siblings.. but my thyroid values keep on changing, based on his labs]

Thanks.

SomeG

Nelson

I definitely got into this hole with adrenal fatigue etc.

The definition by Dr. Marino "hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis dysregulation" seems more accurate and definitely hits on my situation.

Even after treatment and marked improvement in symptoms.....my feeling, both for myself and others, is that once body is conditioned to be stressed it tends to want to stay there even when the stressors have been mitigated to a large degree.

How does one tune themselves down when after many many years of being stressed.....it has just become their natural state.

Tried therapy and meditation.....it had modest at best results For a type A non-artsy person it tends not to be logical nor comfortable.

SuperDutyDave,

I've been through two years of awful financial stress. For a while my stress was eating me up on the inside -- to the point where I was regularly angry enough that I had to go to the gym two times a day.. and then regularly breaking down physically and stress-wise....

My best calm has come from the writings of the Dalai Lama...and although my stress is no longer eating me up physically anymore, I feel very much worse for the wear.

G

I had over a decade of super high stress and finally the body physically starting to react badly. I understand the anger feeling I had it huge.

I changed my entire life over and things are better, both with lifestyle change and TRT therapy. But even now still feel like I idle at a much higher than normal pace and can get agitated quite easily. One issue is poor sleep. Nothing seems to help it but ambien

Hmmmmm :(

CoastWatcher

SuperDutyDave,

Did you introduce/increase exercise, physical activity? I resisted it for a long time and was foolish to have been stubborn. It made a world of difference.

G

I had over a decade of super high stress and finally the body physically starting to react badly. I understand the anger feeling I had it huge.

I changed my entire life over and things are better, both with lifestyle change and TRT therapy. But even now still feel like I idle at a much higher than normal pace and can get agitated quite easily. One issue is poor sleep. Nothing seems to help it but ambien

Hmmmmm :(

Can you explain in more details about the TRT therapy? I am also facing with stress, it maybe due to my hard work at the office. I am too busy and stressful. How to escape this asap? Tks

-----------------------------
http://alphafuelxtsupplement.com/

Andrew

Read the explanation by Dr. Marino "hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis dysregulation. It really explains many of the symptoms I had, including auto-immune issues.

It also suggests treatment plans including TRT and supplements.....I am doing virtually all of what is mentioned. I also revamped my entire work world and eliminated huge amounts of my stressors.

To date I am much improved but far from perfect......

Read article log symptoms with frequency and longevity. Fine a good doctor and get labs done to see where your at. Biggest step......find a great doctor who treats daily with TRT

SomeG

Nelson,

Thanks for this.

High cortisol (27.89 ug/dL), low testosterone (250 ng/dl) , and relatively high prolactin (19.9) and TSH (3.730 uIU/mL) were all 'flagged' by my first blood tests done by my primary care doctor and my endocrinologist, and yet neither was willing to do anything for me (nothing at all.. as an aside, can you imagine female HRT patients being shunned /ignored like this?? .).

It took a third doctor (urologist) to finally take my concerns seriously...

--cabergoline has already helped with some libido related issues.

I am also hoping that the HCG monotherapy treatment (with an AI only if I alert him of breast sensitivity) that I have just started will at least help with my major symptoms of lethargy, low libido, low mood, etc.

depending on how my labs turn out at the start of next month turn out - and how I feel by then. I will definitely bring up cortisol-TSH related issues. [I have already noted that thryoid issues (hypo and hyper) are very common among my siblings.. but my thyroid values keep on changing, based on his labs]

Thanks.

The strangest thing happened after a couple months of 1500iu 3/week hcg monotherapy -- my estradiol went down.., (from 86 to 53)

My test went up from 350 to 470, my energy levels went up, and my cortisol and thyroid levels went to super normal.

Doctor says that I'm a 'fast metabolizer' of the HCG and raised the dose to 2500 iu 3/wk (fertility level doses, really.. Which I guess is ok, since I don't want to fry my sperm)

i do wonder, however, if I have a low ceiling for test levels. Is a 120 ng/dl (30 percent) response to two months of hcg decent?

I can hardly wait for my next labs ! I am seemingly all happy and pumped ready to go to the gym when I have regular full time GF ! Even to the point that I want to go to the gym more and sex is better also ? When I am on the prowl Gym motivation lessens and sex drive also ? I am 56 almost 57 and after getting balanced I was like 25 again and sex drive IMHO also seemed to be related to time spent in the gym ?

I have used the peptide PT - 141 and it is amazing but hit or miss as to the provider of this peptide ?

Is this physical or in my mind ?

I am new to this forum and lots of great 411 even after 3 yrs on TRT !

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
BuzzardMarinePumper

Welcome to our site, buddy!

Since your post has nothing to do with adrenal fatigue, do you mind starting a new thread by posting what you wrote above here? Thanks (I will answer it there since it is a new and interesting topic you are brining up!)

http://www.excelmale.com/forumdisplay.php?56-Testosterone-Basics-Questions

Thanks man. By the way, I am 56 here also and can tell you that no gym means no sex drive for me !

Juan Valdez

I took this Cortisol test. I rarely have good energy. When I wake up, after a few hours, I'm still tired and could sleep for another 1 to 3 hours. I do have sleep apnea, but use a CPAP machine. Without it, I wake up choking. My results are as follows. Doc says it's obviously off, but I've been this way for 10+ years.

Scale of 1 - 10 (with 10 being high and 1 being low):

At 8:30 am = 5.1
At 1:00 pm = 4
At 7:00 pm = 3
At 11:00 pm = 6.2

I can't meditate. I do try and breathe from my belly. But it doesn't do much for me.

Thoughts?

OtownIronLifter

I tried PT 141 - OMG!!! You know that warning about erections lasting 100 hours? That's what I had. I was so rock hard for like 10 hours - my **** actually hurt after I finally got it to go down. I only did it 3 times. Wouldn't mind maybe trying it again.

ERO

I took this Cortisol test. I rarely have good energy. When I wake up, after a few hours, I'm still tired and could sleep for another 1 to 3 hours. I do have sleep apnea, but use a CPAP machine. Without it, I wake up choking. My results are as follows. Doc says it's obviously off, but I've been this way for 10+ years.

Scale of 1 - 10 (with 10 being high and 1 being low):

At 8:30 am = 5.1
At 1:00 pm = 4
At 7:00 pm = 3
At 11:00 pm = 6.2

I can't meditate. I do try and breathe from my belly. But it doesn't do much for me.

Thoughts?

A few years back I was under major stress due to my aging parent's health issues and I too had my highest cortisol at night instead of early AM. I found that taking DHEA with dinner and Phosphatidylserine before bed both helped to reduce my night time cortisol levels which made a huge improvement in my overall sleep. I can't say that would work for everyone, but both of these supplements are inexpensive and I would say, worth a try at least. If you can start to get solid, restful sleep, that will help your body recover in other areas as well.

Juan Valdez

How did you know to try this? What amounts? Were you under a doc's care? Thanks for your input. You will note by the time I'm up and have been for the last two hours after sleeping since 10:30 pm.

Juan Valdez

What was your DHEA-S level at the time you started taking DHEA? Mine is: DHEA-S 213.6 MCG/DL range = 48 - 244 at the high end of the range. Not sure if I'd be getting getting to much and the harm, if any. What were you taking for both?

Lastly, have you since retested your Cortisol to see if this protocol made a difference (other than your sleep patterns)?

I do take a sleeping me when I just can't sleep (and I try to avoid taking them at all costs). And I also take an antidepressant - Viibryd .30 mg daily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching