1 Mineral for Everything: Magnesium

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I have used the Calm powder before and I like it. There are no safety issues in increasing dose until you lave loose stools and then backing off a bit. Worse case, you have to spend more time in the restroom that day. You should take it daily and taken before bed helps you relax and sleep better as well.

Magnesium citrate in high doses is notorious for loose stool/diarrhea. I buy 1kg magnesium glycinate powder from bulk supplements and take 5 grams before bed which contains roughly 1000mg elemental magnesium. Cheapest source I found and I live in Canada.

meanbreen

Yes, It's safe to take daily. The two forms of magnesium that have served me well are magnesium malate, 1200 mg twice per day, and magnesium glycinate, 400 mg twice per day. Both are well tolerated.
Hey Vince, I decided to get the Source Naturals Mg. Malatate that you recommended. Do you take one in the morning, one at night? On the bottle it just says take 1-3 daily. Thanks!

Vince

Super Moderator
Hey Vince, I decided to get the Source Naturals Mg. Malatate that you recommended. Do you take one in the morning, one at night? On the bottle it just says take 1-3 daily. Thanks!
I take 3 after breakfast and dinner, I hope this helps.

meanbreen

I take 3 after breakfast and dinner, I hope this helps.
The malate is helping big time with my sleep. I am taking one pill in morning one at night (It says take 3 a day but I am just taking 2). I feel like kind of sluggish in the mornings though after my morning dose, I might just start taking two at night.

Taking 1 in the AM and not feeling that it's doing anything for me, not that there's a problem but I'm not seeing that it's having a positive benefit for me; 200mg elemental Mag

meanbreen

Taking 1 in the AM and not feeling that it's doing anything for me, not that there's a problem but I'm not seeing that it's having a positive benefit for me; 200mg elemental Mag
Many including myself like to take it at night due to its positive effects on sleep; also its possible that you are not deficient in Magnesium so you don't see a ton of benefit. Most people are deficient though.

OMI100

Madman - What do you mix it with (magnesium glycinate powder) and how does it taste?
Also what brand do you use?

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Madman - What do you mix it with (magnesium glycinate powder) and how does it taste?
Also what brand do you use?

I recently stopped. Glycinate taste horrid to me in loose powder form so capsules would be much better. Citrate in powder form tasted sour/tangy and was tolerable but notorious for loose stools if overdosed or even in lower doses in sensitive individuals.

I would not stress over which forms as like anything now days regarding supplementation there are so many options.

Oral form bisglycinate or malate but they are expensive unless buying bulk powder. I would give transdermal a go and see if you notice any benefits.

As far as dietary leafy greens (spinach/chard/kale) and salmon are very good sources of magnesium. I would not rely on beans/legumes,nuts,brown rice for magnesium as even though they are good sources they contain anti-nutrients which can definitely hinder absorption.

Vince

Super Moderator
I supplement with malate, I believe if you supplement with Glycinate you need to use less. I believe you should use 400 mg of Glycinate.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me