Off Test: Is HCG worth taking alone?

Buy Lab Tests Online
D

DeMegaMan619

I guess I fall into that 2 to 4 percent. I have had tiny superficial venous clots since May. My doc and I agreed to discontinue TRT. He said he was okay with me continuing taking HCG. In short, is HCG worth taking alone?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Coming off TRT you need to be put on a HPTA re-start protocol; does your Doctor know about how to do that?

One just can't come off TRT and think HPTA will re-start on its own, it doesn't work that way.

Do some research on Post Cycle Therapies and you will learn, but you need to talk to your Doctor about a HPTA restart protocol soon as you will really crash.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Gene, I think he might be just looking at some form of HCG mono-therapy program (?) .. I could be wrong. OP, presuming you were originally diagnosed as secondary hypo, with no current ability to produce endogenous LH (or a minimal amount, which is why you went on TRT to begin with)?

I was treated by a doctor in the LA area several years ago, who had many patients on HCG mono-therapy. Although, I never did it myself, he stated he had men on it for 10+ years, doing great!

D

DeMegaMan619

I was prescribed test and HCG by my primary. Been on it for about two years. Due to the superficial blood clots, it seemed dangerous to continue with the test. Is there any benefit to continue with HCG only as I have dc'd they test?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
From my experience HCG monotherapies are not very good at raising Testosterone serum levels to any respectable level, if it was effective we'd all be on it and not on Testosterone replacement; that said, give it a shot and see how it works for you.

Vince

Super Moderator
some labs can check for balance of Omega 3 and omega 6, our ancestors evolved on a ratio of 1:1 and can prevent blood clotting

jsmitty

Gene, Ive repeatedly had to lower my dose of hcg on mono because my levels were way above 1500 total t. I started at 2500iu eod. I understand hcg doesnt work for everyone but for me a dose of 1000iu 3 times per week plus arimidex has been keeping me around 1000 total t. The arimidex was only added cause my estrogen was sky high even on tamoxifen. I think a lot of doctors start people at way too low of a dose for mono to be effective.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Gene, Ive repeatedly had to lower my dose of hcg on mono because my levels were way above 1500 total t. I started at 2500iu eod. I understand hcg doesnt work for everyone but for me a dose of 1000iu 3 times per week plus arimidex has been keeping me around 1000 total t. The arimidex was only added cause my estrogen was sky high even on tamoxifen. I think a lot of doctors start people at way too low of a dose for mono to be effective.

That would be problematic, as Tamox isn't an inhibitor, and it won't do anything control or lower estradiol serum levels. However, it will mitigate the activity of E2 at the receptor sites, which is great for addressing gyno and sensitivity that's related with E2.

As noted in my previous post, HCG monotherapy was a successful treatment program with one of my first physicians. IMO, if the Leydig cells are in great shape, then I don't see why it can't get test serum levels to optimal levels, as experienced by yourself. One of the ONLY concerns that I'd at least keep in the back pocket is the possibility of increased aromatase activity within the testes, or intratesticular E2, which can make AI's somewhat ineffective. This subject doesn't come up a lot, but if for some reason you don't see E2 decreasing when administering an AI on HCG Mono, that can be a subject worth researching.

JPB

<jsmitty> was the arimidex effective to lower the E levels? since I added HCG to my TRT my E levels went up greatly. now considering adding arimidex

jsmitty

<jsmitty> was the arimidex effective to lower the E levels? since I added HCG to my TRT my E levels went up greatly. now considering adding arimidex
Yes, my estradiol went from the 90's down to 21.6 from my recent blood draw. Going to the doctor tomorrow to see if I can back off the dosage now that its down.

D

DeMegaMan619

Interesting stuff, thanks guys. I'm just a little frustrated that I have to stop trt. I'm going to go HCG only for 90 days and reevaluate.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me