Lab Results

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jeff C

Hi guys, seeing an endocrinologist. Doctor wanted me off T to run blood tests (T was low 300's with TRT). No TRT since Oct 3, blood draw Nov 5. No sex drive, tired, even when on TRT. Turned 60 in March. I'm 6ft, 166lbs. Thank you for your help! Here are my results:

Sodium, Blood 142 [136-145 mmol/L]
Potassium, Blood 4.2 [3.6-5.0 mmol/L]
Chloride, Blood 102 [98-108 mmol/L]
CO2, Blood 31 [22-32 mmol/L]
Glucose, Blood 87 [70-100 mg/dL]
BUN - Blood Urea 16 [7-28mg/dL]
Nitrogen, Blood
Creatinine, Blood 1.14 [0.70-1.20mg/dL]
Calcium, Blood 9.6 [8.7-10.2mg/dL]
Protein Total, Blood 7.2 [6.3-8.0g/dL]
Albumin, Blood 4.7 [3.5-5.0g/dL]
Bilirubin, Total 1.03 [0.00-1.20 mg/dL]
ALT - Alanine 25 [0-45 U/L]
Aminotransferase
AST - Aspartate 28 [0-35 U/L]
Transaminase
Alkaline Phosphatase 59 [30-115 U/L]
Blood
Anion Gap- 9.0 [7.0-14.0]
eGFR- >60 [>60mL/min1.73M2]

FSH - Follicle Stimulating 3.6 Male:1.0 - 12.0 mlU/mL
Hormone, Blood
Iron, Blood 146 [59-158 ug/dL]
UIBC 139 [112-346 ug/dL]
TIBC, Calculated- 285 [250-450 ug/dL]
Transferrin Saturation, 51 [20-55 %]
Calculated

LH - Luteinizing Hormone, 3.4 Male: 0.6 -12.0 mlU/mL
Prolactin, Blood 12.6 [3.5-19.4/mL]
PTH Intact 49.2 [15.0-65.0 pg/mL]
T3 Total, Blood 0.83 [0.80-2.00 ng/mL]
T4 Free - Thyroxine Free, 1.31 [0.93-1.70 ng/dL]
Blood
TSH - Thyroid Stimulating 1.520 [0.270-4.200 ulU/mL]
Vitamin B12, Blood 730 [213-816 pg/m/L]
Vitamin D - 25 OH Total 57.9 [30.0-49.5 ng/kL] H
T3 Free, Non Dialysis 3.0 [2.3-4.2 pg/mL]

SBHG 37 22-77 nmol/L

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Hi Jeff - First, why did the Doctor want you off of TRT before doing labs? You were already on TRT so you are HPTA suppressed. If he took you off for any period of time you are going to crash and have the symptoms that you have.

If he took you off to test for baselines it's the wrong assumption as you HPTA is compromised and it doesn't return on it's own so of course your labs at going to show you tanked.

Dose this Doc know what he's doing and is he well trained in TRT for men???

If these labs were taken a month after you stopped TRT than you are missing a bunch of important labs:

Total Test
Free Test
Estrogen (Sensitive)
PSA
RBC
Hematocrit

If you Total test was is the low 300's while on TRT than whatever you were doing wasn't working.

I am going to guess since you didn't say what your protocol was that you were on a transdermal testosterone application since this is the only way to surmise why your serum levels were so low.

Tell us more about yourself and your history and post other labs if you have them.

Jeff C

Gene, thank you for replying. I was on a compounded 2% cream. When I was on Axiron, my T level was in the mid 700's. Due to cost, I had to switch. She didn't order Total and Free Test or PSA because my urologist ordered those in July. No idea why she didn't order the other tests.

Is she well trained in TRT for men? I don't know, but I see her again this month.

Even when I was on Axiron and had good T numbers, I still didn't feel well. I forget to mention that I take .075mg of levothyroxine. She may also take over my thyroid treatment.

I was referred to her by my urologist after a bone scan showed I have osteopenia.

Thank you again and I appreciate all the help you can give!

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
You need to be frank with your Endo and ask her how much training she has in TRT for men and if is she current with the latest therapeutic protocols and ongoing management of such; and tell her to be honest.

In my experience, most Endos are not trained properly in TRT for men and in my opinion women Endos are not as empathetic to men's sexual concerns.

Jeff C

Thank you again Gene. My urologist admitted that TRT was not her specialty, I was hoping the Endo had more knowledge. I'll find out on the 20th.

A little off subject, what workout exercises (weights & cardio) would you recommend for a person at age 60?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Thank you again Gene. My urologist admitted that TRT was not her specialty, I was hoping the Endo had more knowledge. I'll find out on the 20th.

A little off subject, what workout exercises (weights & cardio) would you recommend for a person at age 60?

Resistance over cardio.

As we age we lose muscle mass and bone density and resistance training increases both where cardio decreases both (unless you are doing high intensity training - HIT).

My advise for newbies wanting to get in shape and are serious about it is to retain a personal trainer for 90 days who can get you on a routine and monitor your progress up to where you can take it on your own.

The first 90 days are the hardest to get into a routine so if you hire someone and pay them with your own cash you're more likely to stick to it and after 90 days you will look and feel great so you won't want to quit at that point.

Also, you should be supplementing with creatine monohydrate each and every day as it has shown in a number of recent studies to help keeping muscle mass on the aging population PLUS it has great anti-aging neuro affects as well.

To make it even better, add a scoop of Branch Chain Amino Acid (BCAA) to it for even better effects.

And best, add all of it to a scoop of Whey Protein before and after each work and one on your days off.

Word to the wise Jeff:)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching